GDT: 2023-24 season game 46 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 1/26/24

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
With a team of losers like JR, Conroy, and others, not much, even this season will top that crap. That team totally quit on the entire organization, and Norstrom completely lost the room. DL came in and booted them all. JR begging DL stay another year so he could maintain his easy lifestyle, then showed the door was the best.
I bet JR skate blade issue was due to using them to chop coke

• Haha
Reactions: kingsfan28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I just saw the AVS 4th goal, omg the 4th line is so bad. Lose the board battle, then to make things worse, head the wrong way and run into eachother. Manson, a dman skates right in and scores. 😄

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 10.40.45 PM.png

Goal 5: When was the last time you saw us win a draw, get it to a point man and he shoots it on net like Makar did? All it took was 5 second.

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The biggest shocker of the season is that the goaltending isn’t holding up. I mean, what was Blake supposed to do?
Instead of counting his blessings that Copley held up, he doubled down on it and said wtf, lets go thrift shopping for our #1 and our #2 so we can spend the goalie money on PLD!!! woohoo! party rockers in the house tonite every body come and have a good time

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
I said it about 2 weeks ago, this is the 2005-2006 team all over again. A bunch of stupid veteran signings to try and polish a turd that needed to be completely flushed.

That team started out 25-13-3 and collapsed.

PLD = Roenick
Conroy = Danault
Demitra = Fiala
Garon = Talbot
Taylor = Blake
Spence + Kaliyev trade for veteran rentals is up next in the timeline.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Isn't this how you learn? Everyone complains about not playing the kids, yet when they go through growing pains, you want to send him back to the AHL. Every rookie goes through this, even the top picks. Who are you gonna replace him with, another rookie from Ontario? I'm not sure if this is about tonights game which I didn't see, but on the whole this season , he's generated more than killed them [ cough cough PLD.]
I agree with what you say. He is an NHL talent deserves to be in the NHL but I wonder if it will stunt the offensive growth long term.

As for who do we replace him with Kaliyev has been sitting. If Kaliyev is in then Fagemo sits. Both of them are the same age range as Laf so we know 1 if the 3 young pups either sits or plays AHL as Todd and Co seems to want Lewis and Grundy in the lineup.

Laf can go up and down without waivers and it would be nice to see him add a bit more offensive IQ to his game. With the lack of practices at the NHL level I was thinking it might be easier to address this at the AHL level.

He almost has the opposite problem of Kaliyev who was deemed all offence no defence.

Reactions: LAKings88

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I am so happy they are collapsing in spectacular, embarrassing fashion rather than ambling toward another first round loss.

The great meme season has not disappointed.

Does putting up the worst GM performance in the history of hockey qualify Blake’s number to be taken down from the rafters?
It shouldn't even be on the rafters after the stunt he pulled in his last season here.
I see nothing but a traitor in him

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's gonna be hard to top that year with Andy Murray who had them in 1st place in Jan, then ran them into the ground and they missed the playoffs.

I mean this is that protracted, it happened within a month, and with the expectation of taking a step forward

I do feel a little vindicated though, might unblock some people to see what kind of copium it’s turned into

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i personally enjoyed the mackinnon rush last eve when he stickhandled through the entire kings team.

I think it was @johnjm22 earlier saying he's worth the price of admission alone

I watch plenty of avs games because I could watch him and Makar skate all day

McDavid is graceful, fast, sneaky...but Mackinnon is just a f***in bull in a china shop, like a higher-end Dustin Brown

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA

McDavid is graceful, fast, sneaky...but Mackinnon is just a f***in bull in a china shop, like a higher-end Dustin Brown
I like to describe him as a violent skater. His stride and stick handling are so active and it makes him look like he’s going 50 MPH.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I am so happy they are collapsing in spectacular, embarrassing fashion rather than ambling toward another first round loss.

The great meme season has not disappointed.

Does putting up the worst GM performance in the history of hockey qualify Blake’s number to be taken down from the rafters?
Blake's number should have never went into the rafters in the first place. I don't think BLuc can land this plane.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Luc is going to have to retire his favorite quote

“Hey wee just have to make zee playoff and anything can happen, if we get in we have just as good a chance as anyone, we all remember 2012, you know”
Luc, I knew the man who built the 2012 team, Dean Lombardi. Current Mr. Kings President, you're no Dean Lombardi.

The sooner BLuc is fired, the better.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
BLuc is screaming "Man the pumps!", but it isn't going to matter in the long run. The fifth compartment on the Kings ship has been breached.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal

Guy is capable of dishing out a hit like prime DB too. Beast.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3