GDT: 2023-24 season game 46 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 1/26/24

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
HOW WE FEELIN' KINGS FANS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

GEVWlcEbIAA9kVC.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
So if the Blues win tonight, Predators win tomorrow, and the Kings lose to the Blues on Sunday, the Kings will be out of a playoff spot.

What a two month run it’s been.

Luc is going to have to retire his favorite quote

“Hey wee just have to make zee playoff and anything can happen, if we get in we have just as good a chance as anyone, we all remember 2012, you know”

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Rob Blake and Luc Robitaille actually looked at this roster and told us it was a Stanley Cup caliber roster.

Were they liars or clueless?

So did numerous outside personnel.

It's gonna be hard to top that year with Andy Murray who had them in 1st place in Jan, then ran them into the ground and they missed the playoffs.

So....this year? LOL Tonight's game was lifeless, started out cautious as hell, then went to nervous, then went to f*** it all land....

Danault has been especially brutal, if I had to pick one guy....he has been bad, tonight, missed coverages, lazy swipes.....just not good

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Well even if PLD turned out to be a 60+ point guy we'd still have a gaping whole in our backend.

A failure of a season due to Rob Blake.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Brought the car in for a tuneup
Because the windows wouldn’t go down and came out with a blown engine and fried tranny!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This could be the most complete & utter collapse of any Kings team in my lifetime.

I said it about 2 weeks ago, this is the 2005-2006 team all over again. A bunch of stupid veteran signings to try and polish a turd that needed to be completely flushed.

That team started out 25-13-3 and collapsed.

PLD = Roenick
Conroy = Danault
Demitra = Fiala
Garon = Talbot
Taylor = Blake

Reactions: kilowatt

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

So....this year? LOL Tonight's game was lifeless, started out cautious as hell, then went to nervous, then went to f*** it all land....

Danault has been especially brutal, if I had to pick one guy....he has been bad, tonight, missed coverages, lazy swipes.....just not good

How can you call a team without a capable starter, an elite 1C or elite 1D a contender?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
How can you call a team without a capable starter, an elite 1C or elite 1D a contender?
I am hoping this is a rhetorical question, because I can't believe that even anyone I have blocked would be dense enough to suggest that.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think we now know Byfield is our best player. I have seen so much regression in most other players on this team.

I love Laf, and the way he plays the game, but he has to go back to the AHL and learn how not to kill offensive plays.

And I do understand there are much bigger problems than him. He is just young enough to be salvageable.

Isn't this how you learn? Everyone complains about not playing the kids, yet when they go through growing pains, you want to send him back to the AHL. Every rookie goes through this, even the top picks. Who are you gonna replace him with, another rookie from Ontario? I'm not sure if this is about tonights game which I didn't see, but on the whole this season , he's generated more than killed them [ cough cough PLD.]

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
In the last 23 games, the Kings are 5-11-7 with 2 of those wins against the Sharks! Any coach of a team that is currently in a playoff spot during this time period would have been fired by now. A loss against the Blues(won 4 in a row) and the Kings are just holding onto a Wild Card spot by a hair(I don't see the Preds beating the 15 W's in a row Oilers in Edmonton).

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

With a team of losers like JR, Conroy, and others, not much, even this season will top that crap. That team totally quit on the entire organization, and Norstrom completely lost the room. DL came in and booted them all. JR begging DL stay another year so he could maintain his easy lifestyle, then showed the door was the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad