GDT: 2023-24 season game 46 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 1/26/24

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Two fools, in over their head right from the start.

510514517faba746c25a487275fb6149a332aea3830791f17c1344f1c438c417.jpg
Blake wanting to be anywhere but there moment.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
This team needs that big dick alpha male energy. Players that are hungry.

Instead we get Grundstrom, Lewis, Kaliyev, JAD who are totally checked out every night.

f*** bring back Lemieux or something.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Instead we get Grundstrom, Lewis, Kaliyev, JAD who are totally checked out every night.

I’ve been saying it for a long time now. They have no fire. No players willing to play on the edge and drag the rest of the team into some shit. And that’s my biggest issue with the leadership of this team from Blake on down. Blake and co should know how those types of players are needed, they played with plenty of them. Instead of going with the Lombardi , Every good army needs a couple of criminals route they’re trying to paint stripes on guys like Grundstrom and Englund(what a f***ing waste this guy has been) and go with team toughness. This ain’t it pal, it’s not working and how do they not see it?

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

100% and I’ve been saying that for as long as possible. This team has no one who is willing to play on the edge and is willing to do something to drag this team into an emotional confrontation, one way or the other. And that’s the biggest issue I have with the leadership on this team from Blake on down and why I had such a huge issue with Doughty’s comments. Oh, we’re upset with guys in the locker room and we stood up and talked to them and yet no one is on this team is willing to do anything on the ice to change this losing mentality in the momentum of these losses piling up. I honestly would not care if either Kopitar Doughty got their asses kicked or stumbled their way through a hug fest extraordinaire at least show some willingness and passion to lead your team out of this black hole that they fallen in. Oblique instead of following the Lombardi, route of every good army needs a couple of criminals. They’re too busy trying to paint stripes on guys like Grundstrom and Englund ( what a colossal f***ing waste this guy has been).

Ha double post but same damn thing!

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
Hey all I literally never come into opposition threads after a win (look at my post history) cause I know it's annoying but I'm not here to talk about the game. I needed clarification over what's happening in LA.

So basically I can't really tell from one single LA game cause hockey is so flukey so my question is how much of it is just a bad stretch (think Edmonton Oilers before turning it around, or the Avs earlier in the season) and how much of it is a fundamental problem of team makeup? It just seems like there's no way this lasts cause I look at the names and I see Kopitar, Fiala, Danault, Kempe, Moore (DU Pioneer!! Represent!), Byfield I know didn't play but in the last game vs the Avs looked like the real deal so he's so very clearly going to be a stud for a long time. Doughty's comments reminded me of when Devon Toews called out the Avs during their slump so could that lead to a turning point?

So ya what am I missing here, just a bad stretch?? Or does there need to be a new GM? Is it just a matter of PLD having to gel with the team first? (Like what is the patience levels with him cause it's tough, i look at so many guys who take a year to gel with a new team vs. other guys who immediately fit in). Is it as simple as what the poster above said - LA needs more guys with an edge?? Sorry I'll go back to lurking but this was the only team that confused me with how I perceive them vs. recent record

Reactions: tbrown33

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Hey all I literally never come into opposition threads after a win (look at my post history) cause I know it's annoying but I'm not here to talk about the game. I needed clarification over what's happening in LA.

So basically I can't really tell from one single LA game cause hockey is so flukey so my question is how much of it is just a bad stretch (think Edmonton Oilers before turning it around, or the Avs earlier in the season) and how much of it is a fundamental problem of team makeup? It just seems like there's no way this lasts cause I look at the names and I see Kopitar, Fiala, Danault, Kempe, Moore (DU Pioneer!! Represent!), Byfield I know didn't play but in the last game vs the Avs looked like the real deal so he's so very clearly going to be a stud for a long time. Doughty's comments reminded me of when Devon Toews called out the Avs during their slump so could that lead to a turning point?

So ya what am I missing here, just a bad stretch?? Or does there need to be a new GM? Is it just a matter of PLD having to gel with the team first? (Like what is the patience levels with him cause it's tough, i look at so many guys who take a year to gel with a new team vs. other guys who immediately fit in). Is it as simple as what the poster above said - LA needs more guys with an edge?? Sorry I'll go back to lurking but this was the only team that confused me with how I perceive them vs. recent record
rambling a bit:

PLD is paid to be a difference maker, but lines get better without him - his effort blows dick 80% of the game
kopitar and danault are ridden like rented mules - they're tired already
todd doesn't trust his depth so he just rides kopitar and danault more, he thinks he still has mcdavid and draisaitl who can handle that use
i think the players to some extent have quit on todd as they have with multiple other coaches - probably feels like digging a hole that you just filled in nightly
i'm unsure if blake gets another coach, AEG is too hands off to make aggressive decisions so that would mean a full house cleaning and that's not even a blip on papa phil's radar
doughty's comments probably on deaf ears as he's been stinking up the joint while collecting his "cookies"

obviously that's all just my opinion though

i think guys wanna play but they're scared to play because it's system or die with todd. kaliyev sucked, was healthy scratched, came back like a hound for a game and was summarily scratched again and replaced on PP2. square pegged by todd. trying to turn a goalscorer into a grinder because reasons

i wouldn't want to play for todd after seeing that done to my teammate

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

You are missing that our 1C and 1D are both well past their primes.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

its always been misuse of players and goofy coaching but more recently the GMing has been terrible

and what started as a bad stretch with decent metrics has turned into complete lack of belief in the system and defeated body language, aka coach has lost the room, there's no buy-in/belief anymore.

Doughty made those comments and then promptly went out and took a steaming shit at center ice.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023

The Kings’ problems stem more from Blake than McLellan. The perception of Kopitar and Doughty are a lot better than the reality at this point yet that didn’t stop Blake from adding secondary star players to supplement them as if they’re both in their mid 20’s. This streak is a worst case scenario of what happens when 8 and 11 run out of gas and the diet stars behind them also slump but even when things were clicking earlier in the year the Kings were still struggling against good teams and were overly reliant on a hot Talbot.

I still want Todd gone because while they are pretenders they shouldn’t be going 2-13 over any stretch of time. But the Kings are generally right where they probably should be in the standings: in the wild card mix with a chance to maybe jump into the top 3 of the Pacific but probable first round fodder.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Also have to laugh that TM admitting a less-than-100% (to whatever degree he is obviously injured as you can tell by the soft cast) Kopitar is STILL the forward getting the most minutes on the Kings at altitude in a game that's already a beat down

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I’ve been saying it for a long time now. They have no fire. No players willing to play on the edge and drag the rest of the team into some shit. And that’s my biggest issue with the leadership of this team from Blake on down. Blake and co should know how those types of players are needed, they played with plenty of them. Instead of going with the Lombardi , Every good army needs a couple of criminals route they’re trying to paint stripes on guys like Grundstrom and Englund(what a f***ing waste this guy has been) and go with team toughness. This ain’t it pal, it’s not working and how do they not see it?
Yeah but they’re all really close friends. Don’t underestimate the power of friendship!

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021

The Kings were starting to have issues playing more than 1 or 2 good periods in a game in early December, but they were still winning. Gavrikov got hurt against the Islanders and the Kings blew a 2 goal lead without him for their first road loss of the season. He played only a handful of minutes the next day in a loss at NYR. They came home and got destroyed at the hands of Vilardi. The team has struggled since despite Gavrikov returning.

PLD doesn't fit anywhere. Everyone plays better away from him, but they have yet to sit him for a game.

Besides the team regularly struggling mid way through the season, I would guess the team is disgusted that they made the trade for PLD and have packed it in. They are like the guy who is fine until he sees his ex is doing better without him and crumbles.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Luc, I knew the man who built the 2012 team, Dean Lombardi. Current Mr. Kings President, you're no Dean Lombardi.

The sooner BLuc is fired, the better.

who's above Luc, because thats where this is going to come from. Someone above has to be paying attention by now.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The biggest shocker of the season is that the goaltending isn’t holding up. I mean, what was Blake supposed to do?

If they could score more than 2 goals a game, it would help. we were winning a lot of games scoring 3 or more, then bam , blew the 2 goal lead in NYI and the wheels fell off.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00