GDT: 2023-24 season game 45 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30pm 1/24/24

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
nothing will change until people that are dissatisfied with the product stop buying tickets. maybe some ex fanboys throwing jerseys on the ice would get aeg's attention but i doubt it.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Started out great got the bounces.
Issues
* Goaltending isn't good enough to sit on leads.
* Young players making mistakes with not enough scoring or goaltending to cover for it.
* Riding 2 lines & tiring players out. Early King's were rolling 4 lines, keeping ice time down so players could skate at a higher intensity. Now running old player into the ground. Started first well & lost all intensity in second.
* Spence & Clarke both need to play. Dumping Roy is dumb. Figure out a solution.

😂 At angry Byfield chucking dudes.

Team is still playing well. Just got to clean up a couple of things.

Also trade or play Kaliyev.

On to the next one.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
St. Louis now only 3 points back, and Seattle only 4 points behind.

Kings will be out of the playoffs by Valentine's Day at this rate. I would love to see a Valentine's Day massacre. Change "MORAN" to "BEACH BUM SURFER".

91d29156-c401-4967-a4fd-9dd913c35a1b-b521b3f75cea53a3aec7c2608b017d3f.jpg

Reactions: Schrute farms
nothing will change until people that are dissatisfied with the product stop buying tickets. maybe some ex fanboys throwing jerseys on the ice would get aeg's attention but i doubt it.

I don't know if it was mentioned here but a few games ago a few guys were holding up "fire blake" and "fire todd" signs in the intermission behind Stoll and O'Neil.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah those Byfield hits were something, good grief he was hammering some huge dudes

He'll create more space for himself by doing so, no one is going to want to touch the puck with him skating full speed into the zone....it adds another dimension to his forechecking too, right now he' sjust a thief, but if you stand to get the puck stolen OR sent into the third row, you start hearing those footsteps even earlier

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I've never rooted for the Kings to lose, even in the years they were in the tankathon for draft position.

Right now I truly hope the Kings lose every game they play until Robitaille and Blake are gone. This team can't begin to turn the page until those two are gone.
Unfortunately, this was obvious with BLuc on Day 1 of their administration.

Reactions: Herby

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
No. The Andy Murray collapse was a nightmare and this is a nightmare because it looks just like it.

Worse actually, because they gave away better picks and prospects this time. The next rebuild with the next regime will likely be harder and longer too. Doing it over and over again.

That's a nightmare.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Nightmare. I do not want him back.
I’m pretty sure you’d be in the minority that would feel that way. There’s no chance he’d come back and of course the game could’ve passed him by but I also feel like he’s astute enough to adapt especially with the hindsight of how things turned out at the end of his tenure here.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
I’m pretty sure you’d be in the minority that would feel that way. There’s no chance he’d come back and of course the game could’ve passed him by but I also feel like he’s astute enough to adapt especially with the hindsight of how things turned out at the end of his tenure here.

Lombardi made 2 mistakes. He stuck with Sutter for too long and he should have stepped aside from the GM role while remaining as President, maybe as early as after the first Cup.

AEG could gut the entire front office, everyone from Luc on down to Carrlyn (jk, full confidence she will have better hair next season) and hire Lombardi as President only, then hire another individual as GM. DL could rebuild the front office, scouting, development, etc.

Recognize when Lombardi came in he brought his guys, yes, but they were from all over the NHL. They weren't a bunch of surf buddies from '94-'04 who never won anything together

edit: yeah it will never happen

Reactions: KINGS17

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
based on the buffalo game....Im not watching Kings hockey until Tmac is gone. To painful to watch winnable games and points go down as outright losses due to complete inaction from the coach.

Reactions: Schrute farms

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
based on the buffalo game....Im not watching Kings hockey until Tmac is gone. To painful to watch winnable games and points go down as outright losses due to complete inaction from the coach.
you don't wanna watch this beating tonight? holy they might put 10 up

Reactions: chris kontos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad