GDT: 2023-24 season game 38 LA Kings vs Florida Panthers @4:00pm 1/11/24

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
Well, better than I'm gonna go piss in the wind because I don't understand hockey well enough to understand what I just saw post.....

Again, your inability to recognize a good game, is on you.
I prefer to spit into the wind. If you go out and piss into the wind, and someone sees you, you could end up in prison for indecent exposure.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
So now what happens? What is it now, 7 games without a win? So many blown multiple goal leads that I have lost count! It appears to me there are signs this situation is getting worse and not better. TMac Charmin is out of solutions(frankly he doesn't even try to really solve the equations(change player combos and line matchups), so how much longer is his coaching employment going to be dragged on?

Is Blake waiting till the Oilers and Kraken jump ahead of the Kings in the standings? The roster is in mostly good shape(except for the sandpaper scoring they gave away with Vilardi and Iafallo), but it's a ship with no captain and somehow dragging a heavy steel anchor on the bottom of the ocean floor. TMac Charmin is so over his head now. It's just frustrating how misused this roster talent is now.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I have the solution, "Bruce there it iz!" Boudreau has a very good history of bringing teams out of life support, because right now this team is in an a coma! He has a good track record of getting the most offense out of his players and his F Bombs make for great entertainment! Isn't LA supposed to be about entertainment?!

Boudreau also is a big contrast from TMac Charmin. He coaches with a lot of passion, pays very close attention to details, changes line combos if he doesn't like what he sees during a game and has good emphasis on line matchups. He played as a offensive d-man, so he knows how to get his D to activate on offense. Boudreau is a players coach. TMac Charmin just comes across as a total d*ck to his players.

Reactions: Kudelski37

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
The Kings obviously miss Patrick O'Neal.

Since he took bereavement leave things are just out of kilter.

C'mon, Patty, get over it, we need you!

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Doughty with 24+ minutes. Kopitar with almost 22.

Remember when the team was winning when the minutes were decreased significantly? McLellan can't just help himself to ride his horses into the glue factory.
This totally never crossed my mind and is a great point. Earlier on, the minutes were spread evenly and no one was getting ridden into the ground, aka Kopi and Doughty.

I'll repeat what others have said about not playing Byfield in OT. Let the kid f***ing cook for f***s sake. Sick of TMac's mediocre bullshit.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
This totally never crossed my mind and is a great point. Earlier on, the minutes were spread evenly and no one was getting ridden into the ground, aka Kopi and Doughty.

I'll repeat what others have said about not playing Byfield in OT. Let the kid f***ing cook for f***s sake. Sick of TMac's mediocre bullshit.
Eight OT losses, why change anything?

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I have the solution, "Bruce there it iz!" Boudreau has a very good history of bringing teams out of life support, because right now this team is in an a coma! He has a good track record of getting the most offense out of his players and his F Bombs make for great entertainment! Isn't LA supposed to be about entertainment?!

Boudreau also is a big contrast from TMac Charmin. He coaches with a lot of passion, pays very close attention to details, changes line combos if he doesn't like what he sees during a game and has good emphasis on line matchups. He played as an offensive d-man, so he knows how to get his D to activate on offense. Boudreau is a players coach. TMac Charmin just comes across as a total d*ck to his players.
He’s the only coach who rivals TM in the amount of times he’s choked away series leads.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Just want to correct those saying that the issue is that the offense has dried up. No, the issue is that “one of the best defensive teams in the league” can’t hold a lead and buckles under the pressure. The 2012 Kings were 29th in scoring and won the cup.
This team is built NOTHING like the 2012 Kings, Blake built a skilled transition scoring team that would need to rely on outscoring their glaring issues (the biggest being goaltending, but the Kings and Blake have been insanely lucky with Talbot's play).

The 2012 Kings were gritty, tough, pounded you along the boards, wore teams down, and iced a likely hall of famer in net. The 23-24 team was built for skill, and speed. There is zero grit outside of Englund, zero toughness, and they are riding an old broken down goaltender on a hot streak. Blake built a skilled transition team and gave it to a coach who loves to sit in a 1-3-1. It's a square peg in a round hole, and other teams have adjusted. Everyone knew there were issues with this line-up that the skill would need to outscore, and that has basically stopped since the beginning of December

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Talbot’s first 17 games: 12-4-1, .933 SV%, 1.82 GAA
Talbot’s last 10 games: 2-5-3, .903 SV%, 2.80 GAA

Talbot hasn’t even played poorly the last ten games. In fact I’ve been shocked this whole season at how well he’s played. But we aren’t getting cup run Quick numbers anymore from him and are suffering as a result.

We are three points ahead of Edmonton and we’ve run out of games in hand. There are three teams tied for the final two wildcard spots… they’re three points behind us, and Edmonton’s one of ‘em. We’ve got a few games in hand compared to Nashville, Seattle, St. Louis, and Calgary (all four teams within five points of us), but we need to start winning games again. Forget about the division at this point, we might not make the playoffs.

We only have 4 wins in our last 14 games!

Reactions: LAKings88

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
There are certainly worse ideas than bringing in Bruce short term to finish out this season... Of course long term, if any change is made it'll be Sturm behind the bench while Blake is still here.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
On what [McLellan]’s seeing in 3-on-3 situations right now
We’re not scoring on our opportunities. We had some chances here tonight, right off the bat I think Kempe had a couple pretty good shots on goal and then the penalty puts us in a bad spot, now we’re playing for a shootout we’re 0.7 seconds away. So, I don’t know if it matters that it was lost in overtime or it didn’t give us a chance at the shootout, but I don’t see anything 3-on-3.

It is astounding to see the sheer obliviousness and lack of self-reflection about the effect his deployment choices in OT might have on the lack of scoring.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Todd McLellan
On his assessment of what felt like an intense and tenacious game

That’s a pretty good summation. It was a hard-fought game. It had a high-end of intensity, a lot of physicality, a lot of battles, not a lot of empty ice, kind of the type of game you’d expect from these two teams. Unfortunately, we’re on the back end of it, but I thought we played a hell of a game and there’s a lot of good things to take from tonight.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 6.59.15 AM.png

I dunno, man, kind of looks like you got worked.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The Kings didn't play well, Talbot played very well until be couldn't carry them to a win on his own. And the Doughty/Anderson pairing is on a run of really poor play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad