GDT: 2023-24 season game 38 LA Kings vs Florida Panthers @4:00pm 1/11/24

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Has anyone just commented on how good of a game that was......putting all the petty shit aside, hard hits, fiestiness, good goals, good digging, good passing, etc.....

But that wouldn't be HF style would it I guess lol

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ima say it. To those of you who didn’t think it was a bad idea to extend Todd in the first ten games of the season for no f***ing reason. I expect an apology for you having the audacity to argue
Most of us were just saying that it's common practice. I've been ready for management to change since they abandoned the rebuild.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Has anyone just commented on how good of a game that was......putting all the petty shit aside, hard hits, fiestiness, good goals, good digging, good passing, etc.....

But that wouldn't be HF style would it I guess lol
Yet once again they turtled, couldn't finish a game, and lost after choking

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yet once again they turtled, couldn't finish a game, and lost after choking

It was a good game, your inability to recognize that, I can't help you...

Just want to correct those saying that the issue is that the offense has dried up. No, the issue is that “one of the best defensive teams in the league” can’t hold a lead and buckles under the pressure. The 2012 Kings were 29th in scoring and won the cup.

Offense has dried up......but that's not the reason for losses.....but this was the first game in a long time, that attention to detail was there, the tying goal, 6-5, it happens, it is the NHL, it's not NHL vs a Peewee team.....there were no glaring errors in this game....

Reactions: Ghetty Green

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
If I wasn't already sick at home with Covid, watching the Kings would've given it to me. Nothing like feeling like crap all day, waking up to watch the game, then feeling even worse. Thanks, Kings!

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Whether or not playing in a good game or having a good start/periods isn't the Kings issue, it's the being a soft team and inability to maintain a lead

Never said it was the issue, again, I said...it was a good game.....but yes, let's act like the Kings are the ONLY team who can't maintain a lead...does that make you feel better when you are alone at night?

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Never said it was the issue, again, I said...it was a good game.....but yes, let's act like the Kings are the ONLY team who can't maintain a lead...does that make you feel better when you are alone at night?
Not being the only team isn't my claim. But losing 5 of the last 6 2 goal leads, losing 7 in a row with 5-6 blown leads. That isn't every other team, and the 4 wins in 16 game stretch starting the second the schedule wasn't easy is way worse than that

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
we're not the only ones!

(we're just the only ones who do it this regularly and this badly)

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The team's best players are just too old to be playing so much, and management has spent all their resources supplementing them instead of supplanting them.

That's all there is to it. We weren't happy with the erratic spacing of the early games, but it gave them plenty of practice time to stay sharp while the vets had plenty of rest. Once the games started coming thick and fast, all the weaknesses were exposed.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
How many teams have blown more leads than the kings in the last month?

I am glad you asked, do you want that broken down by after 1 or after 2?

After 1 - 20 teams...with 2 teams tied
After 1 - OT Lost....1 team

After 2 - 25 teams, 2 teams tied
After 2 - OT Lost, 3 teams ,tied with 1

Oooh let's have fun,

Wining after trailing

After 1 - 9th best
After 2 - 19th best

Any other questions?

Now, I realize you said last month, I said f*** it, let's do the entire season

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
there were no glaring errors in this game....
This is why they are in such a bad way. You cant watch video and correct whats wrong. The roster is good enough and doesnt have many holes. Even if they did have capspace to play with to bring in outside help what do they need really a backup goalie and 4th liner to rotate with Grundstrom? Thats insignificant stuff in the big picture.
Whats wrong right now is between the ears and the coach and his game plan are stale. The league has figured it out and the team cant execute.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This is why they are in such a bad way. You cant watch video and correct whats wrong. The roster is good enough and doesnt have many holes. Even if they did have capspace to play with to bring in outside help what do they need really a backup goalie and 4th liner to rotate with Grundstrom? Thats insignificant stuff in the big picture.
Whats wrong right now is between the ears and the coach and his game plan are stale. The league has figured it out and the team cant execute.

Definitely between the ears.....game plan stale......maybe, I'm not there yet, but I see the argument for it....

Reactions: Schmooley

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
I am glad you asked, do you want that broken down by after 1 or after 2?

After 1 - 20 teams...with 2 teams tied
After 1 - OT Lost....1 team

After 2 - 25 teams, 2 teams tied
After 2 - OT Lost, 3 teams ,tied with 1

Oooh let's have fun,

Wining after trailing

After 1 - 9th best
After 2 - 19th best

Any other questions?

Now, I realize you said last month, I said f*** it, let's do the entire season
Why am I not surprised you didn't read the prompt

Reactions: head eyes