GDT: 2023-24 season game 30 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:00pm 12/23/23

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What does that have to do with Vilardi outperforming PLD? Or are you just responding to people with irrelevant facts?

Yes, because imaging two players together who are on two different teams right now is completely relevant. Imagination is what counts.

They're tied for 2nd overall, and there's so much complaining. If Vilardi is here, why would he be good? Blake and TM are idiots. It's irrelevant if Vilardi in Wpg is outproducing Dubois in LA. It wouldn't even be relevant if the Kings were tied for 2nd worst, but certainly not when they're tied for 2nd best at Christmas.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Two goals from the Kopitar line, two goals from the Dubois line, and one from the Danault line. That kind of balanced scoring is gonna in a lot of games.
Center depth is everything. It's crazy how strong this team is down the middle.

Reactions: Rorschach

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It wasn't pretty, but it was necessary. And there was a lot of good. I odn't think i've seen the guys pass that hard in years.

Still plenty to clean up but a 'deserved' win at home and didn't blow a lead vs. a divisional opponent chasing them in the standings. Baby steps.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Poor Noah Hanifin. That’s a sick feeling, when you’re the last man back and you wish you could skate just a little faster, but all you can do is desperately reach for the puck.

Byfield looked like he was skating with a jet pack on.
Remember when he did that to McNabb - seemed like he closed an even bigger gap... he wasnt doing these things last season

Reactions: lumbergh

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yes, because imaging two players together who are on two different teams right now is completely relevant. Imagination is what counts.

They're tied for 2nd overall, and there's so much complaining. If Vilardi is here, why would he be good? Blake and TM are idiots. It's irrelevant if Vilardi in Wpg is outproducing Dubois in LA. It wouldn't even be relevant if the Kings were tied for 2nd worst, but certainly not when they're tied for 2nd best at Christmas.
because he was good when he was here… much better than PLD… you make it sound like people are saying what if McDavid was here instead. Kings standings has nothing to do with whether or not PLD was a good acquisition. Vilardi was performing great for the Kings when he got traded and PLD has objectively been awful. Can you comprehend that or are you going to try fabricate another story loosely on a fact?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just sucks that Byfield's empty net goal was just another goal off the rush, when you think about it. So one-dimensional :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, that ENG was a throwback to one of the first time I saw him as a 16 year-old in the OHL. One of the youngest players on either team but his size and skating ability just had him blowing past the opposition.

It's also why it was a bit of an adjustment to his forechecking habits - you can imagine in juniors how he would get used to getting away with fly-by pokechecks that just don't work nearly as regularly in the NHL.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Two things from the game. Even after the goal PLD looked like a guy not happy with his own play… that encourages me.
I’d sit Spence for a couple of games for two reasons. 1. To see where Clarke is at. 2. Send a message to Spence that he needs to tighten up; I’m not talking about a permanent change unless he doesn’t then respond.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00