GDT: 2023-24 season game 29 LA Kings vs Detroit Red Wings @4:00pm 1/13/24

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean the whole point of the Toi thing was it’s literally just a fact

Peoples responses to it are like a Rorschach test for how deep the boot is in your throat and unfortunately Carrlyn just ate the entire thing

Contrast JADs overtime with Kaliyev, who had 10 and 12 TOTAL the last two games. That tells you how f***ing stupid TM is behind the bench and it’s only one stat in isolation. You want another one? Going from first to Being last in rush chances against last 8 games. Send an organizational mouthpiece to spin that one.

And there’s plenty more evidence the team is toast under Todd. What do you think is more likely—a core of doughty-Anderson-Gavrikov-Roy forgot how to play defense altogether? Or that Todd’s been scouted, eviscersted, is too stubborn to change and is now found wanting?

Reactions: tigermask48

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just rambling a bit here but especially when it comes to guys like Jim—he knows there are fans here that have been around since 69. Personally for me it’s 30+ years now. I’m not going to pretend that I know everything about hockey especially behind the scenes, but they should know we have seen some shit with Kings teams and our experiences are colored by that. Our reactions, even if they aren’t grounded in 20 years of experience in pro hockey and the good old boy club, are rooted in many many years of devotedly following this team thru good and bad. So I just wish they would be far far less condescending or pretend we are clueless first time fans because the talking down to from all fronts right now is arrogant rather than sympathetic. And THAT is why you see our attitudes the way they are.

Contrast that with when terry Murray had to move on. There’s a way to bow out with class.

People are upset and rightfully so. Don’t chest thump that you’re a contender if you don’t like the expectations that come with it

Last edited:

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Anyone notice towards the end of the game they must have told Clarke to play his game and he was noticeably better and more engaged than the previous periods?
They managed to neuter Clarke who is the cockiest offensive d prospect we have seen in years into a Bjornfot clone at the NHL level.
Also though I was ripping on Dubois I am at least glad that it looked like he gave a shit in the 3rd period and wanted to get back in it.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
IDK why so many of you are being so negative. This team is on pace for a 100+ season. That's one of the best in Kings history. This is great. Stop complaining. Why can't you enjoy all the good. We're lucky to have TM & Blake.

Did i do it right? I miss him so much.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Just rambling a bit here but especially when it comes to guys like Jim—he knows there are fans here that have been around since 69. Personally for me it’s 30+ years now. I’m not going to pretend that I know everything about hockey especially behind the scenes, but they should know we have seen some shit with Kings teams and our experiences are colored by that. Our reactions, even if they aren’t grounded in 20 years of experience in pro hockey and the good old boy club, are rooted in many many years of devotedly following this team thru good and bad. So I just wish they would be far far less condescending or pretend we are clueless first time fans because the talking down to from all fronts right now is arrogant rather than sympathetic. And THAT is why you see our attitudes the way they are.

Contrast that with when terry Murray had to move on. There’s a way to bow out with class.

People are upset and rightfully so. Don’t chest thump that you’re a contender if you don’t like the expectations that come with it
That's the crux of the matter. This management group is out of touch with the reality of their situation. Their business model isn't going to work, provided that their goal is actual contention and not just the "playoffs forever" plan.

They were in incredibly - and undeservedly - arrogant to start this season, but that positivity did pay off early. But as mentioned here over and over, they had virtually everything go right for them so the poor judgments were papered over. Eventually the rotting walls forced that paper to fall off, but that HAD to be seen as inevitable when relying on players that old. And they are just too damn old to be the focal point of your team.

So I see this stage of the season being somewhat of a surprise to the tone of the broadcasts and media coverage. There is this weird denial thing going on here that is very unpleasant to endure as a fan.

I don't know why they need to be reminded, but this franchise has won what, 6 or 7 playoff games in 9 years. Their decisions will be judged, occasionally you may see folks nit pick and make misstatements of useless facts with their displeasure simply because they are exhausted from talking about the major problems.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
That's the crux of the matter. This management group is out of touch with the reality of their situation. Their business model isn't going to work, provided that their goal is actual contention and not just the "playoffs forever" plan.

They were in incredibly - and undeservedly - arrogant to start this season, but that positivity did pay off early. But as mentioned here over and over, they had virtually everything go right for them so the poor judgments were papered over. Eventually the rotting walls forced that paper to fall off, but that HAD to be seen as inevitable when relying on players that old. And they are just too damn old to be the focal point of your team.

So I see this stage of the season being somewhat of a surprise to the tone of the broadcasts and media coverage. There is this weird denial thing going on here that is very unpleasant to endure as a fan.

I don't know why they need to be reminded, but this franchise has won what, 6 or 7 playoff games in 9 years. Their decisions will be judged, occasionally you may see folks nit pick and make misstatements of useless facts with their displeasure simply because they are exhausted from talking about the major problems.
"provided thier goal is actual contention"
imo its not. their actions indicate something radically different

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
No. Joey had a lot to say about Todd McLellan. Just curious if it was one of youse guys.

The Kings are a disaster right now, the coach and management have won squat and are taking on water in a year everyone in the organization claimed was “Cup or Bust”

The dislike and criticism of TM and others stretches will beyond this forum, I’m not sure why you would assume it was someone from here because they were critical of a failing organization.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
"Royzie went to chip the puck and chipped it right into patrick kane"
Postgame commentary from our bench boss explaining what happened in the 2nd period

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
yea

About as well as you're doing in your imaginary fight with me I imagine.
It’s not a fight, it’s a continuous simple critique of a podcaster who is currently ears deep in Rob and Todd’s cheeks, lazily brightsiding every bad thing that happens, terrified to even say “losing streak” out loud. If it WERE a fight and I lost, I could simply look back on it with a different perspective and just not “consider it a loss in my book”. That’s how it works right? It’s way more fun in fantasy land but it’s annoying to the smart fans (one of them told me this).

Also, OT is not a coin flip. You’ve said this many times and it’s nonsense. It’s their players against ours, 3 v 3, skill v skill. Match ups matter A LOT. If it is a coin flip, Todd is screwing up our odds by starting the oldest, slowest players. Retroactively calling it a 50/50 luck of the draw coin flip is just a way of hand waving away a bunch of past failures. Makes it tough (for me) to take you serious. Anyway that’s one example of why I poke at the pod crappers, and you’re the only one that posts here. I may not agree with the team elevating you guys but I can tell you’re a true fan and that’s why I do still listen at times, depending on the guest or topic.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Most of us have seen the BS "just get in and anything can happen" approach vs building a championship roster.

Kings management likes to tell you they are selling you a thoroughbred product when it is actually a donkey.

Last edited:

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Their business model isn't going to work, provided that their goal is actual contention and not just the "playoffs forever" plan.
Didn’t Blake openly say that management viewed Nashville as an organization they wanted to emulate? I think “playoffs forever” without coming close to contending sounds just fine to this front office and ownership.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
By the middle of this week the Kings will be out of a playoff spot. Oiler one point behind in 8th place and Kraken one point behind in 9Th place and both Oilers and Kraken are back to winning games.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
By the middle of this week the Kings will be out of a playoff spot. Oiler one point behind in 8th place and Kraken one point behind in 9Th place and both Oilers and Kraken are back to winning games.

Look what it's taken to get them there, 2 historic 9 plus game winning streaks for both and a 8 game losing streak by the Kings. The Kings have only pick up 4 points over than same span. Still having games in hand vs the Kraken will help.

The ugliest game of the year isn't even until Feb 10th , when they have 10 days off and face the Oilers , who will already have 2 games in after the ASB. The schedulers did us no favors this year with all the days off between games.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Didn’t Blake openly say that management viewed Nashville as an organization they wanted to emulate? I think “playoffs forever” without coming close to contending sounds just fine to this front office and ownership.
Anyone who claims they want to emulate a team that’s never won shit should be fired on the spot and promptly thrown out the window like Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Isn’t it crazy how far ahead we were and now we’re nearly out of a spot lol l.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad