GDT: 2023-24 season game 27 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:00pm

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
So, yeah, I’m annoyed at blowing another 2-0 lead against an inferior opponent and the ‘how’ that led to that, especially with how they’ve been absolutely wrecked by the last few superior opponents they’ve faced. Rattling off a string of ugly victories against lottery teams onlhy to get slaughtered by playoff teams is problematic and that’s the phenomenon i’m worried about…but then also blowing a lead to Seattle on the heels of that is emblematic.
Seattle scored first last night.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Look ultimately all the ‘complaining’ is just observations that they are, thus far, who we thought they were, a team that should be ‘exciting’ and have their best year before the declines of Kopitar and Doughty, but a likely first round exit. Haven’t seen anything to dispel that.

PLD—silver lining is he can barely be worse. If he even gets back to ‘normal’ production we’re sitting pretty. But because of him—the first line is getting loaded up against since he’s not a threat. He’s playing against absolute SCRUBS night in and night out and cool he’s not a liability but our strength was always our depth and right now that’s not cutting it.

Adjustments—LOL not happening. Book is out on the kings and teams are playing us tough and patient.

Injuries—team has faced next to no adversity so far with basically total health and lengthy home breaks. Look at January’s schedule; these guys may tumble if they can’t right/adjust things.

Goalies—Talbot is showing signs of wear already; how do we spell him?

Can’t hold a lead—choke city Todd leading the way as usual

Can’t handle physical play—NYI broke this team, added to the playbook

Look we were sold that this team was a contender and though they look great in the standings their record against good teams is dog shit and THAT is the worry, I don’t care about being built for volume regular season wins against east coast teams in december, i worry about playing physical STRONG patient teams 7 games in a row, and with a coach who doesn’t want ot adjust, a gun shy team that doesn’t want to go to the net, shaky old goaltending, and an inability to hold a lead, I’m not convinced we’re going any further than last year.

It’ll be a fun ride till we get there sure but don’t act like the worries have no basis in reality since we have several years of track record of this exact squad as well as many many more of TM.

You were sold.....as was the entire league, unlike you, they don't offer shotgun reactions though.....they need to play better, absolutely, show me one team that goes 82-0 and doesn't f*** off a bit....just one please.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I don’t think message boards are for you. There are going to be criticisms and opposing views. It’s so weird when people come to a message board and try to police it to fit their favored tone.
I’ve been here for quite awhile and a Kings fan since 1987. It’s ride or die for me as I’m sure it is for some of you. You’re not chasing me outta here but it’s also good to see the other side to things especially when we are improving every year.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I’ve been here for quite awhile and a Kings fan since 1987. It’s ride or die for me as I’m sure it is for some of you. You’re not chasing me outta here but it’s also good to see the other side to things especially when we are improving every year.
IMG_6211.jpeg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Look ultimately all the ‘complaining’ is just observations that they are, thus far, who we thought they were, a team that should be ‘exciting’ and have their best year before the declines of Kopitar and Doughty, but a likely first round exit. Haven’t seen anything to dispel that.

PLD—silver lining is he can barely be worse. If he even gets back to ‘normal’ production we’re sitting pretty. But because of him—the first line is getting loaded up against since he’s not a threat. He’s playing against absolute SCRUBS night in and night out and cool he’s not a liability but our strength was always our depth and right now that’s not cutting it.

Adjustments—LOL not happening. Book is out on the kings and teams are playing us tough and patient.

Injuries—team has faced next to no adversity so far with basically total health and lengthy home breaks. Look at January’s schedule; these guys may tumble if they can’t right/adjust things.

Goalies—Talbot is showing signs of wear already; how do we spell him?

Can’t hold a lead—choke city Todd leading the way as usual

Can’t handle physical play—NYI broke this team, added to the playbook

Look we were sold that this team was a contender and though they look great in the standings their record against good teams is dog shit and THAT is the worry, I don’t care about being built for volume regular season wins against east coast teams in december, i worry about playing physical STRONG patient teams 7 games in a row, and with a coach who doesn’t want ot adjust, a gun shy team that doesn’t want to go to the net, shaky old goaltending, and an inability to hold a lead, I’m not convinced we’re going any further than last year.

It’ll be a fun ride till we get there sure but don’t act like the worries have no basis in reality since we have several years of track record of this exact squad as well as many many more of TM.
850826265.gif

Last edited:

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I didn't ever figure the idea of 'patterns' vs. 'one-off accidents' would require so much explanation but here we are.
That’s what happens when people are constantly patrolling all the threads searching for “negativity”. It’s their duty to squash nuanced conversations and turn this place into a circle jerk of praise for a 3rd place team.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
That’s what happens when people are constantly patrolling all the threads searching for “negativity”. It’s their duty to squash nuanced conversations and turn this place into a circle jerk of praise for a 3rd place team.
I don't think people (me included) are looking to turn this place into a circle jerk of praise. I don't have any desire to try and squash nuanced conversations either. However, if I showed you all the posts of people ready to jump off a cliff or hang management after a couple of losses it may be a bit of an over-reaction. But hey, that's just me.

Any objective fan would definitely give this team some kudos for having more balance on both ends of the ice. There are some valid concerns surrounding goaltending and the lopsidedness of the PLD trade. Other than that, I think most would argue that we are pretty solid and a cup contender.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think people (me included) are looking to turn this place into a circle jerk of praise. I don't have any desire to try and squash nuanced conversations either. However, if I showed you all the posts of people ready to jump off a cliff or hang management after a couple of losses it may be a bit of an over-reaction. But hey, that's just me.

Any objective fan would definitely give this team some kudos for having more balance on both ends of the ice. There are some valid concerns surrounding goaltending and the lopsidedness of the PLD trade. Other than that, I think most would argue that we are pretty solid and a cup contender.

I'm not gonna put a disclaimer on every post to please a few pissants who need reassurance every time PLD connects with a pass thru the neutral zone.

I've given this team plenty of kudos. There's lots of 'good' happening. And I acknowledge often that this is likely to be the best regular Kings season we've ever seen, so we can enjoy it for that.

But we can enjoy it for that while also aknowledging many of the issues that made them a first round exit have not been addressed and are still on very full display. I know you can handle that. Several can't. And several more can't understand that we are here saying so because we love this franchise. But If folks can't walk and chew gum themselves I can understand why they don't think we can.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I'm not gonna put a disclaimer on every post to please a few pissants who need reassurance every time PLD connects with a pass thru the neutral zone.

I've given this team plenty of kudos. There's lots of 'good' happening. And I acknowledge often that this is likely to be the best regular Kings season we've ever seen, so we can enjoy it for that.

But we can enjoy it for that while also aknowledging many of the issues that made them a first round exit have not been addressed and are still on very full display. I know you can handle that. Several can't. And several more can't understand that we are here saying so because we love this franchise. But If folks can't walk and chew gum themselves I can understand why they don't think we can.
Good post. I'm sure most of us are wondering what version of this team we are going to see in the playoffs and who will ultimately become a 'difference' maker when it really counts. I'm going to reserve judgment on PLD and the rest of the team until that moment arrives. If we face another first round exit or flame out completely, it's definitely going to necessitate some key changes.

Full disclosure: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't microcoping PLD during the recent string of play, especially when we are watching Vilardi continue to do the things that endeared himself to many Kings fans last year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Good post. I'm sure most of us are wondering what version of this team we are going to see in the playoffs and who will ultimately become a 'difference' maker when it really counts. I'm going to reserve judgment on PLD and the rest of the team until that moment arrives. If we face another first round exit or flame out completely, it's definitely going to necessitate some key changes.

Full disclosure: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't microcoping PLD during the recent string of play, especially when we are watching Vilardi continue to do the things that endeared himself to many Kings fans last year.

I also want to say I appreciate your optimism because it's not the "why aren't YOU optimistic TOO, just BE HAPPY there's NOTHING wrong" kind, which makes it a lot easier to agree and follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00