GDT: 2023-24 season game 27 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:00pm

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I dunno, 4-3 PP in the OT, I thought it was gonna be an automatic win as soon as Kaliyev set up for the one timer.....Last year wasn't that all we heard, set him up and he will score....because shot....

Yea, not the same.....they failed to recognize D'Accord was playing the shot before the pass ever came through, when you telegraph it that badly, and it's a long pass....won't work, ever, unless the goalie trips.

Reactions: funky

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I feel like I'm pretty good about being patient. I try not to be a reactionary.

But damn PLD is getting on my nerves. I can't remember the last time I disliked a King's player this much.

It's like he doesn't want to engage in the board battles / cycle, so he just lobs blind passes through the offensive zone, almost always resulting in a turn over.
It's fine, it's not like he'll be the 1C in 3-4 years and he's signed long term... Son of a bitch.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Saying a player is "meh" while he's having a career league and offering no actual obsrrvations or criticisms you dislike about his game was clearly just to rile people up.

You're not only an obvious troll, but you're acting innocent when called on it.
You guys caught me. I'm actually considering acquiring him in a dynasty fantasy league and since Moore had only been mentioned once in this thread yesterday I disparaged him to see if anyone would also dump on him or if people love him right now. Good news is I may acquire him now. Thanks, team!

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You guys caught me. I'm actually considering acquiring him in a dynasty fantasy league and since Moore had only been mentioned once in this thread yesterday I disparaged him to see if anyone would also dump on him or if people love him right now. Good news is I may acquire him now. Thanks, team!
And you continue to add nothing substantive when called on it.

It's a simple question - what makes him "meh" to you?

Clearly a brain so sharp to formulate such a sophisticated paragraph of sarcasm can explain it?

A quick search shows the word 'deserve' appears exactly once in the 359 posts in this thread

Your post
You forget we have committed fandom detector checks. They go off the moment a hint of displeasure is vocalized about an underachiever.

Reactions: tny760

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
And you continue to add nothing substantive when called on it.

It's a simple question - what makes him "meh" to you?

Clearly a brain so sharp to formulate such a sophisticated paragraph of sarcasm can explain it?

You forget we have committed fandom detector checks. They go off the moment a hint of displeasure is vocalized about an underachiever.
He isn't meh to me. I wasn't being sarcastic. My plan was actually to be dismissive of him to see what sort of response I received.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Saw the highlights, TO Moore with another great goal. Hell of a hit from Mikey on the 2nd period. The Borgen hit right after was chickenshit, but it got us a PP and a good sequence with Q and Kopi. Shootout was wild. Didnt know Kaliyev had the deking skills, same for “Stone Hands” Lewis lol. Grundy with the final dagger with a great shot.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He isn't meh to me. I wasn't being sarcastic. My plan was actually to be dismissive of him to see what sort of response I received.

He's just totally overlooked behind some of LA's bigger names but one of our best players this season, he dipped last year post-concussion but is back better than ever and is likely to be consistent as he's been glued to Danault for one of our most consistent lines over the last few years

edit: and it almost doesn't matter who their third member is, they've lit it up with Fiala, Arvidsson, or Kaliyev.

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Saw the highlights, TO Moore with another great goal. Hell of a hit from Mikey on the 2nd period. The Borgen hit right after was chickenshit, but it got us a PP and a good sequence with Q and Kopi. Shootout was wild. Didnt know Kaliyev had the deking skills, same for “Stone Hands” Lewis lol. Grundy with the final dagger with a great shot.
Great goal indeed but the pass of Danault was perhaps even greater.

Reactions: FrozenKing18

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You must have some serious issues to get so whiney.

Ask Santa for some self-awareness for Christmas kiddo.

Anyway, Kings probably 'deserved' the points but the worrying trends continue.

When teams want to play 'shut down the slot' Kings aren't interested in going there, hence the goalie save percentages vs. us going up. Teams are comfortable playing lock down and counterpunch, knowing they're outmatched, but Todd isn't adjusting. And then the more physical teams punch us in the mouth, too. But the really worrying thing is the Kings still have no problem taking a 1-0, 2-0 lead, they just cannot hold it. That's problematic for playoff hockey vs. better teams. Fix it.

Reactions: KINGS17

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I dont think we need to worry about Seattle In this Division.

That team really misses several players who went elswhere.
Last year they had an extremely good forecheck and more offensive power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad