GDT: 2023-24 season game 22 LA Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @4:00pm 12/5/23

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Ngl they had me worried that they had let Columbus off the hook by going to OT after the 3rd period blitz but credit to them for bearing down. I can't remember the last time Kopi and DD hooked up for an OT goal so that was great to see.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
What is so bad about it?
For starters the weather. Only been there once in the winter but in the summertime it's cloudy, very humid and very hot. Imagine it being 95 degrees with 80% humidity and you can't even see the sun. There's pretty much nothing to do there except go to a rundown shopping mall or Cedar Point. Much like a lot of the Midwest there is a lot of poverty and the remnants of the industry that was once there which is depressing to look at. My Mom's from Detroit and I have friends in Buffalo. Both of those cities are similar, but I have much more favorable experiences in Buffalo. While Detroit is still very much depressing; outside of the city the state is beautiful.

I could keep going but the reality is it's just my opinion and it's really based on bad personal experiences rather than objectivity.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Was just gonna chalk this one up to the inevitable road loss, can't win 'em all. For now, I guess you can.

When this team comes at you like that there isn't a damn thing you are going to do about it but hope you get the bounces. I don't think they played terribly in the first two, credit Columbus some there. They did a good job slowing the Kings down, getting back, and pressuring forward. Against the Kings that takes a lot of effort and energy, doing it for 60 is a tall order. They got a little gassed and that's all she wrote.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
giphy.gif

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I still can't believe I got crucified for merely suggesting PLD could use better linemates (while he also needs to be better). Unfortunately Laf and Grund don't draw alot of defenders to them, never really helping create space for PLD. He gets swarmed nearly every time he has the puck, seen as the only "danger" on the ice when that lines out. Kings don't have the likes of Connor and Scheifle/Wheeler lying around to help but by god we need some more dangerous wingers next to him to actually draw defenders

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I still can't believe I got crucified for merely suggesting PLD could use better linemates (while he also needs to be better). Unfortunately Laf and Grund don't draw alot of defenders to them, never really helping create space for PLD. He gets swarmed nearly every time he has the puck, seen as the only "danger" on the ice when that lines out. Kings don't have the likes of Connor and Scheifle/Wheeler lying around to help but by god we need some more dangerous wingers next to him to actually draw defenders
PLD got grundstrom a few pretty good looks today that he couldn't score on.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
PLD got grundstrom a few pretty good looks today that he couldn't score on.
Right. And in no way am I denying he needs to be better. Better linemates wouldn't fix all the issues I have with PLD. I am merely just saying he would benefit from better more dangerous linemates creating space and drawing defenders out there. It's a controversial take it seems

Last edited:

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Maybe, but his current linemates do complement him well. Honestly, I think PLD would bring whoever he is playing with down at this point. He needs to step things up a lot more if he thinks he deserves anyone better to play with. At this point, he would bring the 4th line down.

Reactions: VILARGOD

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Just some observations from a tape delayed finish:

Prototypical Pheonix Copley start. Can't stop that boogie, and its a funkadelic groove.

Spence is so damn good.

Dubois sucks. Every battle he lost, and it was a lot of them, not once did put forth a second effort. Everything was one and done, on to the next shift. He is totally disconnected from the flow of the game, just floating around to get the puck outside the blueline only to enter the zone and get stripped or tied up at the top of the circles. No investment in the game at all.

Boy, Gavrikov wanted to put on a show tonight.

Anze is already looking haggard. He still makes every right read, but plays he used to make with ease are now being contested because he is a step slower. Never seen him take as much contact as he has over the last few weeks.

Fiala gave up three two on ones single handedly.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Just some observations from a tape delayed finish:

Prototypical Pheonix Copley start. Can't stop that boogie, and its a funkadelic groove.

Spence is so damn good.

Dubois sucks. Every battle he lost, and it was a lot of them, not once did put forth a second effort. Everything was one and done, on to the next shift. He is totally disconnected from the flow of the game, just floating around to get the puck outside the blueline only to enter the zone and get stripped or tied up at the top of the circles. No investment in the game at all.

Boy, Gavrikov wanted to put on a show tonight.

Anze is already looking haggard. He still makes every right read, but plays he used to make with ease are now being contested because he is a step slower. Never seen him take as much contact as he has over the last few weeks.

Fiala gave up three two on ones single handedly.
i noticed the gavrikov show too, he was really really sharp and his activations were smart

Reactions: mysterman2

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Why is arty playing on the 4th line?
Maccllen flat hates the guy.
Even fox maginfies arty's every mistake. It sure doesnt appear arty's play is the issue.
What is it then?

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad