GDT: 2023-24 season game 22 LA Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @4:00pm 12/5/23

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Which guy has scored a Stanley Cup clinching goal as a 3c?

PLD has a lower p/60 (1.8) than Lizotte last year (1.9) despite much more power play time and much less ok time. People in favor of trading for PLD said Lizotte can't be the 3c of a contender. If last year's Lizotte wasn't good enough, what is PLD?

PLD needs a meeting with the two Bobs from Office Space.
Yeah I don’t see how PLD makes the Kings into a “contender” when his play is worse than Lizottes on most nights. PLD can be a really good player if he wanted to be but he has huge effort issues. And for that reason and at his price, PLD can also be such a bad contract for the Kings that he can also be a reason why the Kings can’t afford a player they might need. So PLD can also just take the Kings out of contention.

To say that PLD makes the Kings into a contender is ignoring his effort issues that has followed him his whole career. Now hes put on a team where he can be more lazy under the cool shade of being behind Kopitar and even maybe Danault

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No replacement level center gives you the upside PLD does. PL has the ability to make this team a contender, Lars Eller doesn't.

Lars Eller was 2.5 million and free as far as assets go

I mean if you're just looking for a huge body to stand around and give you good metrics the opportunity cost of PLD is looking pretty awful right now, Lars Eller and either 6 million or Vilardi/Kupari/Iafallo/2nd is something we could do a lot with, no?

And I say that as a guy who thinks he has more to give

bland

Jul 1, 2004
No replacement level center gives you the upside PLD does. PL has the ability to make this team a contender, Lars Eller doesn't.

The Kings aren't a contender yet either way. Nothing is going to be any different until Kopitar and Doughty are replaced by Byfield and Clarke and a quality prime goaltender is acquired or developed.

This season is all pleasant surprise stuff setting the ground work for a long run in the near future. Winning a round this year would be huge, but with the mileage on the top players its just asking too much of them to have an extended chase.

madmartigan

Nov 11, 2021
Attractive snap of Roy in the NHL game recap thumbnail :)

Attachments

• IMG_7920.png
    IMG_7920.png
    591.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: tny760

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
From the interviews he's given, especially how much his wife loves it in the south bay, it' would not surprise me at all if he stays. Especially if they keep winning.
His wife has become a big Lakers fan. He's not going anywhere fellas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad