GDT: 2023-24 season game 21 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @5:00pm 12/3/23 The "Yes we are playing today" edition

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GAcNv1NagAAk1Hj

Colorado Avalanche(15-6-2, 32pts, 1st in Central) vs Los Angeles Kings (13-4-3 29pts, 3rd in Pacific)
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
ZHRiKHT.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

QnDSxkh.png

w1bsbxb.png

Soo3wDl.png

ECesVBG.png

Scratched: Blake Lizotte, Jacob Moverare
Covid: N/A
Injured: Viktor Arvidsson

:avs
aSCY6HR.png

KPpNrhd.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Well here we are.

LA and Ontario have the same number of games played even though LA's first game was on 10/3 and Ontario's was 10/13.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Ducks beat the Aves last night they are on the second game of a back to back Makar may be injured a bit and we are at home. We all know the possible outcome. Lol.

Reactions: VILARGOD

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
giphy.gif

Ducks beat the Aves last night they are on the second game of a back to back Makar may be injured a bit and we are at home. We all know the possible outcome. Lol.

Also third in four on the road, seen this movie before!

probably down 3-0 before we shake the rust off

I'm also gonna be walking in late after bah humbug christmas shopping so trying to keep my expectations under the floor with my grumpiness

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
How about copley today in goal???
Talbot needs a day off and to get him ready for the road!
Copper's the answer against the avs!:naughty:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Wait, we are playing today? Since when?

Hopefully, they come out hungry as I am sure that is probably the #1 thing coaching is chanting today.

I want to see more from PLD and that third line taking a step forward. The bottom 6 will be key in this matchup because that is where we supposedly have the advantage to strike. Need PLD to get hot here sooner or later and go on a streak that we hear so much about. Grundstrom can score, Laffy can hound and chase, and PLD has the ability to maintain possession and drive to the net. It isn't a pretty line but it should work if and only if PLD can show he can carry a line on his back, which he needs to do to earn the paycheck and status he's been given.

He's always had a Fiala, Connor, Ehlers, Sheifele, Panarin, etc. He is being paid and looked at as if he can grow into being a 1B center or an elite 2nd line center at least, and those guys can carry linemates and make things happen. His passive (Frolov) style is wearing thin if he is being beaten out in production by the likes of Danault and Kaliyev.

How about copley today in goal???
Talbot needs a day off and to get him ready for the road!
Copper's the answer against the avs!

There is some wisdom in there. I think most would feel most comfortable with Talbot, but the Avs are a skilled team that can exploit Talbot's biggest weakness at high glove consistently.

Reactions: King'sPawn

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Wait, we are playing today? Since when?

Hopefully, they come out hungry as I am sure that is probably the #1 thing coaching is chanting today.

I want to see more from PLD and that third line taking a step forward. The bottom 6 will be key in this matchup because that is where we supposedly have the advantage to strike. Need PLD to get hot here sooner or later and go on a streak that we hear so much about. Grundstrom can score, Laffy can hound and chase, and PLD has the ability to maintain possession and drive to the net. It isn't a pretty line but it should work if and only if PLD can show he can carry a line on his back, which he needs to do to earn the paycheck and status he's been given.

He's always had a Fiala, Connor, Ehlers, Sheifele, Panarin, etc. He is being paid and looked at as if he can grow into being a 1B center or an elite 2nd line center at least, and those guys can carry linemates and make things happen. His passive (Frolov) style is wearing thin if he is being beaten out in production by the likes of Danault and Kaliyev.

There is some wisdom in there. I think most would feel most comfortable with Talbot, but the Avs are a skilled team that can exploit Talbot's biggest weakness at high glove consistently.
I disagree completely.
There is an absolute absence of wisdom in 99% of my posts

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Today, tues, thurs, sat, sun

what a response to a week nearly off lol

Gotta love the 3 in 4 on the road culminating in the Rangers. The first three are must/should wins but I care most about how they play vs Colorado and NYR go figure, especially after the Washington result

At this point frankly I'd be happier with wins over COL and NYR and losses to MTL CBJ NYI, just show me you can

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I disagree completely.
There is an absolute absence of wisdom in 99% of my posts
Haha, I mean, there really is no good answer, if I were in Todd's shoes I would start Talbot, but the reason we were lit up the last time against the Avs, outside of poor defending and being the first game of the season, was that they beat him 3 times high glove and once high stick.

Talbot has been notoriously weak throughout his entire career making saves high glove, and it just so happens that is where Colorado likes to shoot :P I would be nervous either way, but this is one of the few matchups I would be equally nervous regardless of who is in goal.

Hopefully, our defense is much more dialed in to limit those high-danger shots and our offense converts on their chances, that's pretty much the obvious way you beat Colorado with non-stellar goaltending in a nutshell.

Reactions: chris kontos

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Haha, I mean, there really is no good answer, if I were in Todd's shoes I would start Talbot, but the reason we were lit up the last time against the Avs, outside of poor defending and being the first game of the season, was that they beat him 3 times high glove and once high stick.

Talbot has been notoriously weak throughout his entire career making saves high glove, and it just so happens that is where Colorado likes to shoot :P I would be nervous either way, but this is one of the few matchups I would be equally nervous regardless of who is in goal.

Hopefully, our defense is much more dialed in to limit those high-danger shots and our offense converts on their chances, that's pretty much the obvious way you beat Colorado with non-stellar goaltending in a nutshell.
Thanks. I hadnt seen the high shots weakness from talbot

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
At the risk of talking in cliches, it's more important today to have a strong start. Kings have had several days off and need to get back in a rhythm, as Colorado already has their skating legs set. As the game wears on, the three-in-four will start weighing in on Colorado.

Reactions: Telos

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
No Makar, so every Avalanche player will step up, LA's time off rust too, home record isn't great either, as Han Solo said "I've got a bad feeling about this".

Reactions: LAKings88

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm still annoyed about the opening night loss to the Avs. Spent a bunch of money to go to a yuck game.

Hopefully we get a better result this time.

I have a feeling this will be a tight low scoring game.

Reactions: VILARGOD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad