GDT: 2023-24 season game 20 LA kings vs Washington Capitals @7:30pm 11/29/23

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kind of sad how the Caps put Ovechkin out there for every empty net whether he deserves it or not. Just to help him break the record. He is clearly not the same player anymore.

Yeah, and being on the books for another two seasons at $9.5M. Could be a rough exit for the Great 8.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Another 4 days off. Bettman figure it out.. drop the offside challenge, stop the linesman from being hitler in the faceoff circle and fix the godamn scheduling so there arent big gaps and teams dont end up 5 games ahead of each other.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, and being on the books for another two seasons at $9.5M. Could be a rough exit for the Great 8.
If he really is done, could you imagine the Caps fighting for a playoff spot in a couple years but they keep wheeling his ass out as much as possible?

Reactions: Telos

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I wouldn't read too much into this game. The Kings had a lot of chances, but just ran into a goalie who stood on his head tonight. Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you.
So you are saying we shouldn't fire TM?

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
That's the sound of shooting % regression manifesting in a single game. Kings just got goalied. At least it was against the Caps and not a West team.

We're fortunate Byfield has been such a revelation this year because thinking about Dubois being the longest signed player in the entire franchise is damn depressing.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think a lesson was kind of learned by the Kings tonight. Being the highest scoring team in the league, you are not gonna blow out every team you face. Some nights you will just have to grind it out, score some clutch goals and get great goaltending to scratch out a win. In the playoffs, it becomes more like that.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Knew Doughty was putting together a monster game but good grief

Also as pointed out earlier sure 'we dont care' about matchups when rolling the lines but maybe don't give spence the overwhleming majority of his playing time against 6'6" Protas and 6'5" Mantha

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think a lesson was kind of learned by the Kings tonight. Being the highest scoring team in the league, you are not gonna blow out every team you face. Some nights you will just have to grind it out, score some clutch goals and get great goaltending to scratch out a win. In the playoffs, it becomes more like that.

I started to post similar but deleted it, these guys need to start getting more comfortable with scoring ugly goals and bearing down, like Kaliyev's goal. The rest of the guys are spinning around looking for cute one timers and tap ins and that's just not gonna work against teams that are committed to winning a 1-0, 2-1 game, which you could see the Caps were ready to do after the first period.

And again, 4-7 at home.

I don't care about how. Fix it.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings dominated the entire game and couldn't get it done. Too bad but these things happen, what can you do. Put the pressure back on next game. The only team in the league with fewer games played than LA is Washington, funny enough.

Reactions: funky and ru4reals

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kind of sad how the Caps put Ovechkin out there for every empty net whether he deserves it or not. Just to help him break the record. He is clearly not the same player anymore.
Did you know the Oilers/Kings did the same thing with Gretzky?! Gretzky had the record for most empty net goals and OV is now tied with him @ 56. It's an NHL coaches choice who he puts out on the ice when the opponent has an empty net towards the end of the game.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Kings dominated the entire game and couldn't get it done. Too bad but these things happen, what can you do. Put the pressure back on next game. The only team in the league with fewer games played than LA is Washington, funny enough.
Actually, I have to correct that and myself. The Sens have only played 17, by far the fewest in the NHL. The reason I think because they were on that special series in Sweden recently, so they are being given more time off.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just thought I might point out to you all that Charlie Lindgren now has the NHL's best SV% for an individual goalie now, @ .934 SV%. That is based on him qualifying for the league minimum requirement for games played. Kings just got beat by a hot goalie right now. When the Kings play the Avs, I don't think Gorgiev will play as good as Lindgren did. Kings will have to face an Avs team that is starting to serge up there with the top end teams like the Kings.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Extremely frustrating game, but you can't win them all. PLD is really starting to annoy me though
Welcome to the world of Anthony Mantha. As a Caps fan we have been dealing with Mantha in the same way. Like PLD, Mantha is talented but doesn't always seem engaged in the game or with his line mates. Both Mantha/PLD seem go through stretches of games where they don't rack up points and as a fan you wonder how could players this talented, not be producing offense on a regular bases.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad