GDT: 2023-24 season Game 2 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @7:30pm 10/14/23

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I like Laffy's attempt more at least but man that was brutal. Copely did everything he could in the shootout. Each goal against in the shootout were just crazy moves. He had a bad game, but he easily gave the team the ability to win the shootout.
Laf did the shake, but couldn't get the bite. Q's was the worst, just hand the puck to him next time.

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
It is, but that's not what happened. It was a good non-call.
Guy has his stick in his power hand throws his hand back to push away high in the body behind him, makes contact to the face with his butt end cutting the guy. What’s the question?

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I love seeing Byfield finally start to be assertive. These last two games give me hope for him. Laf belongs on the big club. Kaliyevs stupid retaliation penalty may end up biting him in the butt. Spence needs to stay up all season, and if Roy strings together a few games like tonight, Clark very well may take his place for good.

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
Guy has his stick in his power hand throws his hand back to push away high in the body behind him, makes contact to the face with his butt end cutting the guy. What’s the question?
The guy's hand and stick aren't in a high, dangerous, out of control, or offending position. If drew isn't ass over teakettle nothing happens.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I believe the rule is this.. if you review a 4 min high sticking and its not high sticking it doesnt matter if its a different penalty. About the only thing you could call there is a rough

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Laf did the shake, but couldn't get the bite. Q's was the worst, just hand the puck to him next time.
Yeah, his move was more convincing and quick. I have seen QB try that move a few times now and I think he should retire it until he gets more confidence and dangling practice in the NHL. I think it is something that worked a bit for him in juniors or something but won't have the same success in the NHL. You need Datsyukian mitts to make a changeup like that hit its mark.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This team is going be the death of me someday.

Showed good fight coming back, locked it down in the 3rd. But you just can't win games 6-5. It's going to be a repeat of last season if the goaltending can't figure it out.

2 shorthanded goals? Seriously? I was hoping they'd be more prepared.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
October hockey is so sloppy. It bears no resemblance to hockey in the last 1/3 of the season. We need to get our shit together.

Carrying two subpar goalies, these first two games were about the worst possible scenario as far as their performance goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad