GDT: 2023-24 season Game 2 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @7:30pm 10/14/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
F8aYSVya4AAiXT1

Carolina Hurricanes(1-0-0, 0pts, N/A in Central) vs Los Angeles Kings (0-1-0, 0pts, N/A in Pacific)
Crypto.com Arena | Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats (last season)

JwYw8JC.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

j0ihuI2.png

PPPFnb4.png

Soo3wDl.png

VngVKXn.png

Scratched: Andreas Englund
Covid: N/A
Injured: Viktor Arvidsson
Suspended: Arthur Kaliyev

:canes
jMFX9F9.png

loKYNsC.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This Carolina team has given the Kings a lot of problems the past couple years.

Starting out the season 0-2-0 would not be good.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
This. I think we blew a big lead to them last year if I’m remembering right. Going to the game tonight, hoping we get a good game.
I've been burned too many times by going to Kings games against "good" teams.

The next few games I attend will be against teams like Ducks, Blue Jackets, Blackhawks etc.

Reactions: LeftKinger

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If LA wins with Copely in net, making him 25-6-3 as a King, I think you make him the starter until further notice. Something like two-thirds of the starts going forward. Talbot would have to outplay him for a decent stretch to change that IMO.

I didn't pay that close of attention to camp this year, but I didn't really understand why Talbot was given the nod over Pheonix. The dude saved our season last year.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
If LA wins with Copely in net, making him 25-6-3 as a King, I think you make him the starter until further notice. Something like two-thirds of the starts going forward. Talbot would have to outplay him for a decent stretch to change that IMO.

I didn't pay that close of attention to camp this year, but I didn't really understand why Talbot was given the nod over Pheonix. The dude saved our season last year.
Agreed. I had a theory on his success.. i looked at his save pct which was pedestrian.. so im thinking how does he keep winning? My theory is the team played more responsible defense because psychologically they didnt think he could bail them out like they got used to with JQ.

Reactions: The Butcher

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Agreed. I had a theory on his success.. i looked at his save pct which was pedestrian.. so im thinking how does he keep winning? My theory is the team played more responsible defense because psychologically they didnt think he could bail them out like they got used to with JQ.
Except Quick had arguably the best Kings defensive play of all time in front of him for a few years.

I still agree though. Weird that Kings brass has shown time and time again they don't really trust him.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Sometimes it's just chemistry too. Even though JQ used to bail them out, his numbers probably wouldn't have been as good if he played elsewhere. It was how he meshed into a single unit with the D, everyone on the ice knew where they were going to allow shots from and where the rebounds were going. A goalie on the same page is far more important than a goalie with fantastic reflexes.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Except Quick had arguably the best Kings defensive play of all time in front of him for a few years.

I still agree though. Weird that Kings brass has shown time and time again they don't really trust him.
Which is odd because he gave them results

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Prediction: Byfield scores 2….. -1’s. Yes sir. He will be a -2. No goals. No assists.

Prediction: Trevor Lewis scores 2…..goals.
If you disagree you are a loser who doesn’t know hockey or sex.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If byfield scores another goal today then he will have scored 66 percent of his goal total from all of last year

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad