GDT: 2023-24 season game 17 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 11/20/23

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Englund made some fantastic defensive plays including that blocked pass with his stick on the ice while maintaining great positioning. Not sure if it was that same shift or shortly after but he cut someone off on the left side of the ice near the point and pushed the player off the puck and made an easily clear.
He is wayyy better than anyone expected. I guess since Ontario played Colorado a lot, they learned first hand what he could do and that filtered up to Blake... 2nd round pick in 2014.. but has played < 100 NHL games. An interesting find.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Englund made some fantastic defensive plays including that blocked pass with his stick on the ice while maintaining great positioning. Not sure if it was that same shift or shortly after but he cut someone off on the left side of the ice near the point and pushed the player off the puck and made an easily clear.

I def. remember that

As good as Spence has been, Englund has been getting steadily better. At first he was just 'there' and kind of a safety net for Jordan but now he's comfortable making his own plays and the other team cna't just ignore them.

It's also nice that he doesn't mind punching people in the face. That's quite endearing given how soft the Kings have been the past few years.

Speaking of which, I really wish somebody would've done something to that little Irish troll on the Coyotes after elbowed than jabbed Gavrikov. I'm glad he didn't do something in the moment at that stage of the game but I would not feel bad for the guy at all if someone feeds him his lunch. I saw a video the other day of him chasing some guy around the ice with his gloves off like a full-fledged lunatic.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The crazy part is how much we miss Vilardi on the power play. We rank in the top five for nearly everything else in the league. Yes, perhaps other teams are having a hard time matching up against Dubois, and maybe that explains his relative lack of production so far. The season is young. Still, it’s fun to say what if. Every year, some team is the best in the league. It’d be a lot of fun if it was us.

I don't think they miss Valardi and much as they do someone who can get it into the zone cleanly. That's what Durzi was good at. Both Doughty, and Spence, Fiala and Kempe as well as others , just can't get zone entires cleanly. Last night was a fricken joke what they were trying to do each pp. Even Nick was like "guys, just dump it in."

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Vilardi wouldn’t be injured if it wasn’t for Lizotte making a stupid move and falling on his leg
Or if Gabe had better balance. I'm a huge GV guy but his skating and balance put him in bad spots often, we saw it here when he went down all the time. I think that's always going to be there too, it's just a product of his back injury.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
He did? I thought he came to us with an injury already? Though I could be mis-remembering.
Looks like he came with a broken finger. It was the next season he broke his leg.

The Kings’ lone deal brought them right wing Justin Williams, on injured reserve because of a broken finger.

Right wing Justin Williams has been activated from the Los Angeles Kings' injured reserve after a 2½-month absence with a broken leg.

After missing 28 games, Williams was expected to play for the Kings at Dallas on Friday night.

Williams broke his leg in Phoenix on Dec. 26. He had 24 points in 33 games before his injury.

Los Angeles acquired Williams in a trade with Carolina last March.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Looks like he came with a broken finger. It was the next season he broke his leg.

Good job on the research. The point of my original was to counter the narrative that Vilardi injury history is a predictor of his future and rationale for trading him. If each injury was due to his back, I would concede that point, but its been various things some of the fluke like last year into the boards and this year with Lizzote's weird check.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Good job on the research. The point of my original was to counter the narrative that Vilardi injury history is a predictor of his future and rationale for trading him. If each injury was due to his back, I would concede that point, but it’s been various things some of the fluke like last year into the boards and this year with Lizzote's weird check.
I was more so just curious about Williams’ history. I couldn’t remember the timeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad