GDT: 2023-24 season game 14 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @7:30pm 11/11/23

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
Was Petersen good or were we bad? I didn’t get the chance to watch the game.
He was solid enough. He never had to make any great saves or endure any significant pushes from us. Kings had plenty of possession but couldn't sustain pressure or generate many chances.

I want to like PLD but man it’s not good. This is the first year of an 8 year deal. Wow.
I actually thought he looked way more assertive with the puck. I certainly noticed him a lot more. Definitely tentative on the finish last night, as was the whole team.

Reactions: funky

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I didn't get to watch the game. I checked Natural Stat Trick, and it looks like we dominated possession but not necessarily high-danger chances. Is that about right, or did Talbot not show up either?
The Kings were solid the first ten minutes, then the Flyers started playing big man hockey and increasingly started winning the majority of the battles as the game went on. They overpowered the Kings in front of both nets.

Grundstrom's goal was soft. Kings shot themselves in the foot with multiple lazy high sticking calls and a really dumb too many men on the ice.

Its another case of stats meaning nothing. The effort was all Philly.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I remember thinking after the 1st, we didn't have any really quality scoring chances.

We were flat, passes not connecting...Flyers blocked a lot.

Wait what ?????

I thought we have a legend scoring over 400 goals.
Should he take over the game at this point?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Wait what ?????

I thought we have a legend scoring over 400 goals.
Should he take over the game at this point?
There’s a lot of absurd, unhinged opinions that float around here, but you might be the sole owner of ‘Kopitar should be benched’ take:
IMG_2177.jpeg

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Just a dopey lethargic effort.

1 win in 7 home game is pathetic.

This is why I'm afraid to spend money going to King's home games. I think the next King's game I go to will be at The Pond.

This team won't be able to take it to the next level unless Fiala and PLD play better.

It's a long season. Just remember there will always be ups and downs.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Maybe trying to put on a show at home is one issue. Playing on the road the team plays more honest and lets the game come to them instead of forcing play.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just a dopey lethargic effort.

1 win in 7 home game is pathetic.

This is why I'm afraid to spend money going to King's home games. I think the next King's game I go to will be at The Pond.

This team won't be able to take it to the next level unless Fiala and PLD play better.

It's a long season. Just remember there will always be ups and downs.

I'm good with ups and downs and it's a stark reminder that we're not a 'true' contender

Yet--I want SOME of the ups to be at home :laugh:

So far it's a night and day effort/mental game between road and home.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i dunno man, i'm just not seeing the lack of effort or lethargy or whatever, that was a masterclass in defensive "effort" hockey by a tortorella coached team, that's what they do

i get being frustrated by the fact that it's an L at the end of the day but this wasn't even close to some of those super uninspired lazy games we saw last season

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
i dunno man, i'm just not seeing the lack of effort or lethargy or whatever, that was a masterclass in defensive "effort" hockey by a tortorella coached team, that's what they do

i get being frustrated by the fact that it's an L at the end of the day but this wasn't even close to some of those super uninspired lazy games we saw last season

It wasn't lack of effort, it was just disconjointed.....almost like watching the copy of a copy of a fax that was sent 30 years ago, you know it's supposed to resemble NHL hockey, but everything was off......they have 3 days to figure it out, get more time with new linemates etc, expect a much better performance on Wednesday for sure

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I want to just view it as that in isolation but after spending tickets on three home losses I'm going to be extra bitter beyond reason

Reactions: Gjwrams and tny760

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well it will be very hard to take the next step when they can't win home games

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Like i said... let's wait for the playoff
Are you not able to acknowledge what he has actually achieved and that he has had a HOF career. You seem to have a completely irrational hatred of him. I’d agree he’s slightly overpaid at this point… but man, come on.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You don’t get to the playoffs without Kopitar.
Again, we make it to the playoff with the Hot Dog salesman from section 319 as #1 center.
At this point the Pacific isn't even AHL level anymore

Are you not able to acknowledge what he has actually achieved and that he has had a HOF career. You seem to have a completely irrational hatred of him. I’d agree he’s slightly overpaid at this point… but man, come on.

I don't question HOF or whatever pointless achievements you guys chase.
My point is that he should have been traded before he asked for 10 Mill per year and then led the team into a dark age right after.

I judge player for their salary demands and for $10mill you better be a dang different maker and not a tank commander

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad