GDT: 2023-24 season game 14 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @7:30pm 11/11/23

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
PLD needs to be held accountable for his play but either way Laf on that line is not helping. I think Grundstrom has done enough to be on PL's wing but that begs the question of if you even want to break up that 4th line, which is pretty much no

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He looks a little sluggish to me.. the 2nd goal way overplayed it for no reason.. it may be fatigue. A guy his age needs a platoon - Copley isnt that guy
Caps 3rd string goalie Hunter Shepard played in only his 2nd career game tonight and stopped 36/37 against the Isles in a 4-1 win in Long Island on the 2nd game of back2backs(also with 3 AHL call-ups for d-men). Backup goalie Charlie Lindgren stopped 24/26 in a 4-2 win in New Jersey on Friday.

Kings need to address this big issue at home 1-3-3. How can you be 7-0-0 on the road and beat the best team in Vegas and then have 2 stinkers against the Pens and Flyers where the goaltending was suspect?!

They need to address their goaltending. Copley has fallen off a cliff. I have been a supporter of him, but he might be done with the Kings. You have to find out quick if Rittich can backup Talbot or not, other wise you have to acquire another goalie to help out Talbot. You are not gonna acquire a good #1 goalie right now unless you overpay in a trade. Just need to find another goalie who can platoon with Talbot so he doesn't wear out.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Caps 3rd string goalie Hunter Shepard played in only his 2nd career game tonight and stopped 36/37 against the Isles in a 4-1 win in Long Island on the 2nd game of back2backs(also with 3 AHL call-ups for d-men). Backup goalie Charlie Lindgren stopped 24/26 in a 4-2 win in New Jersey on Friday.

Kings need to address this big issue at home 1-3-3. How can you be 7-0-0 on the road and beat the best team in Vegas and then have 2 stinkers against the Pens and Flyers where the goaltending was suspect?!

They need to address their goaltending. Copley has fallen off a cliff. I have been a supporter of him, but he might be done with the Kings. You have to find out quick if Rittich can backup Talbot or not, other wise you have to acquire another goalie to help out Talbot. You are not gonna acquire a good #1 goalie right now unless you overpay in a trade. Just need to find another goalie who can platoon with Talbot so he doesn't wear out.
100% - this is totally predictable right? No one in the league spends 2.5 mil on both goalies. You cant say your a contender with a 36 yr old journeyman that hasnt played > 50 games in 5 years and backs him up with Copley who had a cinderella season last year.. you got lucky enough that Talbot is good so far. This comes back to overspend on Dubois.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Trade Danault for Trent Frederic and call up Turcotte.
giphy.gif

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Just got home from the game. There was no life in the building. I was looking forward to the team I saw on the road, but didn’t see that.

Reactions: johnjm22

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
100% - this is totally predictable right? No one in the league spends 2.5 mil on both goalies. You cant say your a contender with a 36 yr old journeyman that hasnt played > 50 games in 5 years and backs him up with Copley who had a cinderella season last year.. you got lucky enough that Talbot is good so far. This comes back to overspend on Dubois.
Caps tried it with Vanecek/Samsonov and it didn't work out come playoff time. The $1.5 mil to Copley looks bad now, and then you have the retained $2 mil cap hit from the Provorov trade(maybe another pick or prospect could have sufficed?). Fiala/Dubois combined $16 mil not looking good right now. Both Fiala/Dubois are not looking like good team players right now. It's a combo of both on the players and TMac.

Richards $700k termination penalty could have been useful. Next season the Kings could let go Lewis, Talbot, Copley and Matt Roy which would open up to $6.775 mil for a goalie. Kopitar will be making $3 mil less, but 5 restricted FA's need to be re-signed. They might have to trade someone important if they want to bring in a #1 goalie.

Last edited:

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
It's really up to the players at this point, because I have little faith in McLellan nor Blake.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Started watching at the beginning of the 3rd period.

That includes that one PP where we had not one second control of the puck and the goal of Philadelphia.

I went back to sleep.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
This seemed like just one of those games where almost the whole team struggled, but the common theme of Fiala looking like ass is certainly not good. He's got 14 points, but has been pretty ineffective and underwhelming. No idea what to make of that.

I actually thought PLD looked a little better away from Fiala, and Danault probably had his worst game as a King in a long time, with him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That'll teach me to spend any more money on this team

only other teams with one home win are Chicago and Edmonton...yes even SJ fans are getting more for their money

Reactions: psych3man

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This seemed like just one of those games where almost the whole team struggled, but the common theme of Fiala looking like ass is certainly not good. He's got 14 points, but has been pretty ineffective and underwhelming. No idea what to make of that.

I actually thought PLD looked a little better away from Fiala, and Danault probably had his worst game as a King in a long time, with him.
The team overall performed very poorly. Since they’ve been good this season I think we should just wipe this game from the memory board. Only thing to take away from this game is that the Kings need to figure out a counter to a team like this which is something that only Todd needs to worry about.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
No idea why this team can't get up for home games, but it's a trend now at this point. Averaging 4 goals against at home is just not going to get it done

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I didn't get to watch the game. I checked Natural Stat Trick, and it looks like we dominated possession but not necessarily high-danger chances. Is that about right, or did Talbot not show up either?

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I didn't get to watch the game. I checked Natural Stat Trick, and it looks like we dominated possession but not necessarily high-danger chances. Is that about right, or did Talbot not show up either?
Outside of the 4th line, there was not much to write home about.

Top to bottom, not a good game, completely void of any semblance of emotion or urgency.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Was Petersen good or were we bad? I didn’t get the chance to watch the game.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I remember thinking after the 1st, we didn't have any really quality scoring chances.

We were flat, passes not connecting...Flyers blocked a lot.

Byfield continues to improve, gotta love it. I thought PLD was good too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad