Votes: 11 11.5%
  • miss playoffs

Votes: 18 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Did you really expect anything different?

I called this last week...very good chance we start season 0-2 and this board will be full-on meltdown mode.
The Kings lost big yet Kopitar still played over 22 minutes because PLD doesn't take any load off Kopitar. I called that in the summer...when the trade was just a rumor. PLD is not the guy that will cut Kopitar's playing time. If the Kings make the playoffs, Kopitar will be too worn out...again.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It isn't easy to have a statement game like Laffy had without getting on the scoresheet, but he was excellent out there and he was almost always in position or doing what he was supposed to do. He was arguably the best one on the line as PLD had a decent start and sort of declined a little as the game went on and Fiala was kind of a mess all game long.

I am excited to see him play some more. I know he was from the same draft class, but it was interesting to note that he is 10 months older than Byfield which just goes to show how young Byfield was in his draft class. I am glad that they were the two standouts on the first night.

It is going to be tough when Arvy and Kaliyev come back; however, I think this board is forgetting a lot of what Kaliyev has done and can do.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
The Kings lost big yet Kopitar still played over 22 minutes because PLD doesn't take any load off Kopitar. I called that in the summer...when the trade was just a rumor. PLD is not the guy that will cut Kopitar's playing time. If the Kings make the playoffs, Kopitar will be too worn out...again.
Not saying it will def change, but I think it's unfair to make that conclusion on one game where they skated with one less forward.

Reactions: fsanford

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Since Herby and Sol seem to be obsessed with me on what my 'stance' is, I'll say this: My expectations are that the Kings make the playoffs and win a round, I will be disappointed if that doesn't happen. Everyone happy now?

I do not expect the Kings to go 0-82.

This isn't a stance, it's an incredibly milquetoast defense of an EXTREMELY Aggressive line-up strategy over the last 3 years.

This isn't just a slow build park and ride of a team coming to prominence. This aggressive trading off of assets, specifically high end picks and players, for multiple pieces intended to be a championship team. You don't do these moves unless the real goal is cup or bust, and accepting anything less is just a smokescreen for wild asset management and foggy team vision

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You’re obsessed with putting others down while being too cowardice to have any positions yourself. And if the Kings don’t make it past the first round, what kind of repercussions do you think should take place? And at what point do you draw the line in the sand and say this is where Luc, Blake, and Todd need to get fired?
Eh, at this point it just feels like a schtick. It's awesome people put themselves out there, even when disagreeable and they put in a good faith effort.

I vehemently disagree with johnjm and Herby about the necessity of the PLD trade. You and Herby disagree with me on various aspects of Byfield. I have gone at it with bland about Kopitar back when we both predominantly posted on LGK. I've given Johnny Utah plenty of shit for his focus on icing enforcers. Heck, it feels like I'm on the same page as RJ and/or Chazz Reinhold 99% of the time, but we still get in snits (usually provoked by me). But you and them always stick up for your convictions, right or wrong. You celebrate times you're right and reevaluate when you're off the mark.

Asking certain posters to take a stance is like asking me to step on the ice and play at the NHL level - you're better off expecting them to be a spectator. You can either spend time asking them to step on the ice, or just accept they'll be a spectator.

And there's really nothing wrong with spectators. Some comment with little conviction and keep it civil, fun and interesting. Some get drunk and throw beer at the players. Those are the ones who "discuss" in bad faith. I'm at that point I'd rather spend time engaging those. Not saying you have to, but maybe you'll enjoy it more.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
LOL, aren't you the same guy who CONSTANTLY refers to homosexual acts in a way to disparage others opinions around here when you don't agree? How you don't get banned for that is beyond me, it must be that you never are late in paying your monthly subscription fees.

Anyways, I have better things to do than drawing lines in the sand for something that brings me enjoyment every day. If I looked that deep into it, I got problems.
Spoiler alert buddy, you do have problems. You’re too cowardice to draw a line in the sand and too cowardice to say at what point you think the Kings should fire management. However, you have no issue incessantly kissing their ass. Seems like you are just a hypocrite. Well not seems, you are one.

You have such enjoyment for the Kings that you’re only known for talking shit to other posters who have differing opinions than you. Some enjoyment that must be.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Eh, at this point it just feels like a schtick. It's awesome people put themselves out there, even when disagreeable and they put in a good faith effort.

I vehemently disagree with johnjm and Herby about the necessity of the PLD trade. You and Herby disagree with me on various aspects of Byfield. I have gone at it with bland about Kopitar back when we both predominantly posted on LGK. I've given Johnny Utah plenty of shit for his focus on icing enforcers. Heck, it feels like I'm on the same page as RJ and/or Chazz Reinhold 99% of the time, but we still get in snits (usually provoked by me). But you and them always stick up for your convictions, right or wrong. You celebrate times you're right and reevaluate when you're off the mark.

Asking certain posters to take a stance is like asking me to step on the ice and play at the NHL level - you're better off expecting them to be a spectator. You can either spend time asking them to step on the ice, or just accept they'll be a spectator.

And there's really nothing wrong with spectators. Some comment with little conviction and keep it civil, fun and interesting. Some get drunk and throw beer at the players. Those are the ones who "discuss" in bad faith. I'm at that point I'd rather spend time engaging those. Not saying you have to, but maybe you'll enjoy it more.
I’m fine with spectators completely. I have no issue with them because they are massive fans, they usually don’t spend time debating online about the managerial aspect/direction. I just can’t understand why there’s people who come on a hockey forum, with no concept/understanding of the game, but take such antagonistic positions without being able to extrapolate what their position is. It’s just perplexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad