2023-24 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
It's good to see pastujov getting going. His numbers all of a sudden look respectable as a 1st year pro

Was just reading about his brothers playing in Austria and wondering how it's gone for Sasha in his first AHL season. Was disappointed he was left of the USA junior team last season and was wondering how things were going for him as a pro.

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA
Was at the game today, my in-laws have season tickets for the firebirds. Not a lot positives to point out, nesterenko is a great energy guy. Pastujov definitely has the skill, just needs to keep up on his speed and put on a few more pounds. Smith was actually a positive standout to me. I didn’t see him make any real mistakes.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Tulsa finishes the season with 69 points and 4th place in their division. They play the Kansas City Mavericks who are probably the best team in the ECHL starting Wednesday. Kyle Crnkovic who was signed to an AHL contract last offseason after his CHL career was over was their leading scorer with 54 points in 60 games. McLaughlin had 25 points in 21 games after being sent down midseason. Not a great season for Alexander who had a .887 SV% in 19 games

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
G Alexander had a horrific start in the ECHL when I did my weekly prospect updates. He wasn't trusted such that he played one game between Nov 19 -Jan 1. He was 1-2-0, 0.843 Sv%, and a 5.05 GAA in his first four games with Tulsa before he sat for a long time. I'm glad he was able to work himself back into the rotation to finish with a 5-8-1 record and GAA of 3.74.

Alexander is only 21 years old and is 6'6. Probably was prematurely signed in the middle of last season from the CHL to the AHL/ECHL. I know goalie coach Sudsie helped rehabilatate 6'6 Stolarz when he came to our org and thought maybe Sudsie could help Alexander improve too. Unfortunately, Sudsie wasn't available in the last half of last season and this season.

He's signed for one more season and probably will have G Buteyets as his teammate in Tulsa next year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Agozzino/caulfield/nesterenko line all over the scoresheet. They've accounted for three goals in first, gulls up 3-0.

I swear that Caulfield could be that glue guy that gets the offense going with certain players. When Caulfield is paired up with Gaucher and a scoring LW like Tracey or Pastujov, then points go onto the board.

Reactions: Kalv and Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Whoa... San Diego collapsed in the 3rd period again! It had to go to the shootout with Pastujov getting the only goal made out of both teams. G Suchanek with 42 saves on 45 shots! The Gulls barely got 20 shots on the Firebirds. Yikes.

Huh... I didn't realize Dan Bylsma is the coach of Coachella Valley.

Reactions: Static

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad