Next season:
Gauthier -Carlsson-Stamkos/Arvidsson
Zegras-McTavish-Vatrano
Killorn-Strome-Colangelo
Nesterenko-X-Leason

Mintyukov-Roy
Zellweger-Gudas
LaCombe-Lindstrom/Vaak

Trade Cam to a contender. Need a 4th line center. Any targets out there?

Reactions: DuckRogers10

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Next season:
Zegras-McTavish-Vatrano
Killorn-Strome-Colangelo
Nesterenko-X-Leason

Mintyukov-Roy
Zellweger-Gudas
LaCombe-Lindstrom/Vaak

Terry?

• Haha
Reactions: gilfaizon

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Need a 4th line center. Any targets out there?

Really need a strong faceoff presence as well. Having a look at the top FO guys at the moment, I'm noticing that even the bottom six type guys are almost all locked up on multi year deals, it's clearly something that teams value. We also really need PK help, so it would be ideal if our 4C can reliably be a top PKer.

Someone mentioned Teddy Blueger recently. He's probably someone you have to pay closer to 3C money though. 53% faceoff guy, leads Canucks forwards in PK ice time, has chipped in 27 points in 65 games on a 1.9M cap hit this year.

There honestly aren't many UFA options who jump out as being better than Carrick, who is over 52% in the circle himself. We know he brings heart and energy every night.

Other than that, maybe there are some trade candidates around the league. The first place to look is on good teams who may have quality bottom six guys they can't really afford to lock up. Someone like Jack Drury in Carolina comes to mind, 24 year old RFA who looks like a quality young character player and is dynamite in the FO circle at 55.4% this year. Or maybe just teams that will surely be doing some sort of shakeup. Ottawa has Mark Kastelic, 25 year old big body right shot center (would definitely be nice to have at least one righty center in the mix). He's a physical presence and also 54.3% faceoff guy.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Next season:
Zegras-McTavish-Vatrano
Killorn-Strome-Colangelo
Nesterenko-X-Leason

Mintyukov-Roy
Zellweger-Gudas
LaCombe-Lindstrom/Vaak

Interesting lineup but it's missing Terry and I think Gauthier should play lower in the lineup. I also think Strome should stick to RW and Zegras at center. While I think Roy would be great, I doubt he's signing here for what PV would likely offer. I would re-sign Lundestrom and sign/trade for a top 6 RW. I have a strong feeling that PV will not do anything on defense and I think Luneau has missed too much time and should play in the San Diego next season.

Killorn-Carlsson-xxx
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Gauthier-Zegras-Strome
Nesterenko/Regenda-Lundestrom-Colangelo
Johnston

Zellweger-Fowler
Mintyukov-Gudas
LaCombe-Lindstrom
Vaakanainen

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Killorn-Carlsson-Gauthier
Stamkos(UFA)-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Zegras-Arviddson (UFA)
Nesterenko/Regenda-Lundestrom-Strome (5 mil on fourth line I know)
Johnston

Zellweger-Mintukov
Lacombe-Gudas
Fowler-Roy (UFA)

Make it Happen

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Johnston

Zellweger-Mintukov
Lacombe-Gudas
Fowler-Roy (UFA)

Make it Happen
Just can't see us adding 2 forwards. 1 sure.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Johnston

Zellweger-Mintukov
Lacombe-Gudas
Fowler-Roy (UFA)

Make it Happen
I wonder if a trade for a guy like Kotkaniemi would make sense and throw him at LW. I’d think he would be super cheap because of their cap challenges. Something like

Kill - Leo - Cutter
Vatrano- Mac - Terr
KK - Zegras - Colangelo

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I wonder if a trade for a guy like Kotkaniemi would make sense and throw him at LW. I’d think he would be super cheap because of their cap challenges. Something like

Kill - Leo - Cutter
Vatrano- Mac - Terr
KK - Zegras - Colangelo
I think most of us will be pleasantly surprised that the “ I want a right handed top 6 wing” Will be a can’t miss true bonafied player. I think this player will be the perfect young player for the roll, actuall proven goal scoring pedigree, defensively responsible etc

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Johnston

Zellweger-Mintukov
Lacombe-Gudas
Fowler-Roy (UFA)

Make it Happen
If you get Roy , you are getting him to pair with Mintyukov

Minty Roy
Lacombe gudas
zellweger lidstrom

Bye bye fowler

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
In a perfect world, we qualify Lundestrom as a dependable bottom sixer with PK duties, sign a big name UFA like Stamkos as mentor for the young forwards, and somehow get rid of Fowler and Gibson without big, ugly contracts coming back.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
If you get Roy , you are getting him to pair with Mintyukov

Minty Roy
Lacombe gudas
zellweger lidstrom

Bye bye fowler
I still think he is a very good #4 just cant play against the top players of other teams.. Need to limit his minutes... He cant be playing 20+ a night..

I think most of us will be pleasantly surprised that the “ I want a right handed top 6 wing” Will be a can’t miss true bonafied player. I think this player will be the perfect young player for the roll, actuall proven goal scoring pedigree, defensively responsible etc
Rienhart? And dont forget there is a good chance we bring back Henrique.. Its possible

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I still think he is a very good #4 just cant play against the top players of other teams.. Need to limit his minutes... He cant be playing 20+ a night..

Rienhart?
I would say he’s on our actual radar and there’s a real chance at him, yes. A guy like necas as also a real target( but it’s said he’s upset that they won’t let him play center ) so if that’s true, I don’t know how much that would play into things.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
In a perfect world, we qualify Lundestrom as a dependable bottom sixer with PK duties, sign a big name UFA like Stamkos as mentor for the young forwards, and somehow get rid of Fowler and Gibson without big, ugly contracts coming back.
I think they might let Lundy go and bring back Henrique to center the 4th line.. It would make sense..

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I would rather bring Carrick back for the 4th line center then keep Lundestrom at the 2.2 mil his QO will be.

Lundestrom is a 20 point 4th liner that doesnt bring any physicality or fighting.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I would rather bring Carrick back for the 4th line center then keep Lundestrom at the 2.2 mil his QO will be.

Lundestrom is a 20 point 4th liner that doesnt bring any physicality or fighting.
I would rather spend 3m a season for a Bonafied 15goal-40pt rugged big mean age right center ( if he’s out there ) than bring back either

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I would rather spend 3m a season for a Bonafied 15goal-40pt rugged big mean age right center ( if he’s out there ) than bring back either
I would rather win the lottery, but lets be realistic... Who fits that description that is available? Mantha and Bertuzzi? You arent getting either of them for 3 mil a year.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

I'd rather have both and put Johnston in when there's a team with a heavyweight. At least for short spurts, Lundestrom has been effective on the wing with skilled players. He could move up if/when there are injuries. Better option is if there is a 4C that can win faceoffs and play more physical/fight heavyweights and/or see if there's a trade to be made for Des for Johnston (unless Des has regressed).

Killorn Carlsson Gauthier
??? McTavish Terry
Vatrano Zegras Strome
Deslauriers Lundestrom Leason

Minty Roy/RH DFD
Fowler Zellweger
LaCombe/Vaak Gudas

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I'd rather have both and put Johnston in when there's a team with a heavyweight. At least for short spurts, Lundestrom has been effective on the wing with skilled players. He could move up if/when there are injuries. Better option is if there is a 4C that can win faceoffs and play more physical/fight heavyweights and/or see if there's a trade to be made for Des for Johnston (unless Des has regressed).

Killorn Carlsson Gauthier
??? McTavish Terry
Vatrano Zegras Strome
Deslauriers Lundestrom Leason

Minty Roy/RH DFD
Fowler Zellweger
LaCombe/Vaak Gudas
Is des a free agent? I would love him over Ross

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Is des a free agent? I would love him over Ross
No, but Philly fans were talking about a buyout. I think he makes over 2.5x what Johnston does, so maybe something around them to save Philly cap space? We likely don't need the 1.6 mil or whatever the cap difference is short term.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I suspect the cap floor will be around the 67 mil mark...Capfriendly has us projected at around 53 for next year...Add McGinn(would rather let him go) and Cutter and sign a few of the RFAs so add +/- 10 mill....Need to spend 4-5 mill just to get to the floor....There's no reason we can't throw a big number at Reinhart/Stamkos/Marchessault. Hopefully one of them wants to be in Anaheim. I think when Pat said "hopefully we can pull it off", that's what he meant....Convincing one of them to leave a contender to come here.

Running some rough numbers...If we spent +/- 15 mill on a top 6 RW and a top 4 D this summer, we'd be around a 80 mill cap hit. Well under the cap ceiling is a great place to be in today's NHL for a rebuilding team.

Looking long term....when Zellweger/Luneau/Mintyukov are needing new deals, Fowler and Gudas will be on expiring contracts. When Carlsson/Cutter/Zegras are needing new deals, guys like Killorn and Strome will be nearing the end of their contracts and hopefully still useful enough to be tradeable.

I'm hoping some of these young guys develop into 10+ mill/ year players and we're struggling to keep things under the cap again. It's nice to have cap space now but the best teams are spending every penny they can. I'm really curious to see what management does this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad