Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XIII: On the eve of the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Rivals are going to load their rosters. Bruins must do something to keep up if they do plan on more than round 1 ticket sales.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Did you watch the Cup Final? The Blues hit everyone wearing the Spoked B and suffered little hitting in return. It was embarassing to witness a Bruins team getting beat at what should have been their own game.
The post said the Bruins had no toughness. Not even a little. Zdeno Chara played game seven with his jaw wired shut.

No toughness.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Who were their physical forwards? It was all pretty much stationary on their 4th line. They also had a remarkably easy road to that final.

They had guys like Marchand and Pastrnak terrified to retrieve a puck because they were constantly punished.

While guys like Wagner, Nordstrom, and Kuraly weren't heavy hitters, they weren't pushover by any means either

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
I think people are getting hung up on Lindholms inability to “put us over the edge”. I don’t think that’s the main point.

This team/franchise is starved for centers. If you can buy low on a guy you’ve liked, do it. He’ll make them however much better today, but also fill a key hole in future years if you can tie him up. Makes a lot of sense.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I think people are getting hung up on Lindholms inability to “put us over the edge”. I don’t think that’s the main point.

This team/franchise is starved for centers. If you can buy low on a guy you’ve liked, do it. He’ll make them however much better today, but also fill a key hole in future years if you can tie him up. Makes a lot of sense.
Sometimes you have to take what the market gives you. I believe Lindholm and the Bruins would benefit a lot from each other.

It remains to be seen if it gets done, but he is likely the best they are going to do if they do anything.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I would love to add Lindholm, but that extension scares me if the Bruins indeed manage to scoop him up. That said, maybe a down year will cut the costs, but I doubt it.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
can we complete the Lindholm cycle and bring this one home?

1709759151780.png

While i'm not expecting much, i'd say the silence is sort of a good thing since most of Sweeney's dealings are on the down-low and little is heard about them until they happen. I'm ok with a move that's more setting up for next season than a playoff run i don't have faith in this season.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Lindholm is a nice player, don’t get me wrong, but he solves none of our issues right now. He’s a pretty soft player, and isn’t particularly good at faceoffs. Just dont see him coming in and really moving the needle.
He was 56% at the dot this season with Calgary.

58.01 with the nucks. - Conor Ryan

Last edited:
Reactions: BTO

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Looks like things are picking up in the trade market.

Henrique to TBL
Mittelstadt to COL
Senko to FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad