Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XIII: On the eve of the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Lindholm is a nice player, don’t get me wrong, but he solves none of our issues right now. He’s a pretty soft player, and isn’t particularly good at faceoffs. Just dont see him coming in and really moving the needle.
Does anyone know what is the( only Lindholm that I care about) status, I have heard nothing, did I miss something.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
Lindholm is a nice player, don’t get me wrong, but he solves none of our issues right now. He’s a pretty soft player, and isn’t particularly good at faceoffs. Just dont see him coming in and really moving the needle.
Neither of those things is correct. He doesn't hit a ton, but was the Selke runner-up a year ago and is one of the best Face-off guys around.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Gonna say something we've all heard a billion times by now... if buffalo's defense can actually turn the corner and figure it out, with Byram added to the mix now too...

Reactions: RI.B FAN

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Neither was the blues in 2019. Anything is possible. Get in.
They had something Boston didnt have in 2019, a little toughness. It hasn't gotten any better since then either.

I think Boston is decently skilled. Probably enough to make some noise a lot of year. The toughness is severely lacking, and they aren't skilled enough to overcome it IMO. Not even close

Do you really feel you’re in a position to chirp people?
I don't mind. I regret nothing. This team is good, not great.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
They had something Boston didnt have in 2019, a little toughness. It hasn't gotten any better since then either.

I think Boston is decently skilled. Probably enough to make some noise a lot of year. The toughness is severely lacking, and they aren't skilled enough to overcome it IMO. Not even close

I don't mind. I regret nothing. This team is good, not great.
The 2019 team that was captained by Zdeno Chara, one of the toughest and most intimidating players of our generation, didn’t have a little toughness?

In the land of bad takes, this one is certainly a stand out.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
have you watched him this season? he has not been good.
His offensive numbers are down, likely because he's gone to anew team and shuffled around (plus a fluky drop in shot pct)

But he's still strong defensively and on the face-off, which is what I responded to, because you were wrong about that.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The 2019 team that was captained by Zdeno Chara, one of the toughest and most intimidating players of our generation, didn’t have a little toughness?

Who were their physical forwards? It was all pretty much stationary on their 4th line. They also had a remarkably easy road to that final.

They had guys like Marchand and Pastrnak terrified to retrieve a puck because they were constantly punished.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Did you watch the Cup Final? The Blues hit everyone wearing the Spoked B and suffered little hitting in return. It was embarassing to witness a Bruins team getting beat at what should have been their own game.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
West is looking strong.. good adds for EDM, Avs, tanev in Dallas, and nucks. Going to be fun to watch that unfold.

Florida clear front runners in East if Bob plays well again

Reactions: Bodit9

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Did you watch the Cup Final? The Blues hit everyone wearing the Spoked B and suffered little hitting in return. It was embarassing to witness a Bruins team getting beat at what should have been their own game.
It's because the Bruins didn't have physicality anywhere other than the 4th forward line. That forward line matched up mostly against the other teams 4th line. St. Louis had physical players who matched up against the Bruins top lines and they took every advantage of it. Every time Krejci, Marchand, Bergeron or Pastrnak had the puck they were getting punished. It was similar (though, not entirely) as how the Bruins played the Canucks.

West is looking strong.. good adds for EDM, Avs, tanev in Dallas, and nucks. Going to be fun to watch that unfold.

Florida clear front runners in East if Bob plays well again
The west will be so damn fun to watch.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
True.
True, but
1.) The Bruins ARE in.
2.) St. Louis was a big, physical team that could smash the other team's players clear out of the lineup. The Bruins are not that.

That said, it's difficult to sell when you're in their position, as regards standings, seeding, etc.

And....as you said, who knows who will get hot at the right time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad