Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XIII: On the eve of the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
IMG_1126.jpeg

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That 1st rounder for Henrique and Carrick is disgusting. C'mon if Sweeney or Chiarelli did that we'd be crapping all over it.

I wouldn't of given up a 3rd rounder for what Tarasenko is today.

Pure desperation due to a weak market.
You're the only one who thinks that the deal for Tarasenko is overpayment. That's fine if that's your opinion, but it absolutely not indicative of a weak market.

And the Henrique is deal is on par with what we see every single trade deadline. Likely weaker return considering that there's supposedly salary retention included in the deal.

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Tarasenko is 17-24-41 in 57 games, or more goals, assists and points than Jake DeBrusk. He picked his spot, fine, but he's certainly a good to very good get for pennies by Florida.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Sweeney most likely will do nothing this trade deadline, his “pickups” are not trading any pending UFA. I wouldn’t be happy with losing guys for nothing, but I think that’s the route he goes

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well for all of those people that think the prices are high, than the Bruins should seriously consider selling off a few of their UFA assets that they don't see a future for in a Bruin jersey. DeBrusk, Ullmark, Grzelcyk, Forbort, etc. should fetch a decent return.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
@Mr. Make-Believe

Maybe it's not an overpayment, I just think Tarasenko absolutely sucks.

The Henrique deal is absolutely not what we normally see at the deadline for players of his age/caliber. Teams generally have been hesitant to give up 1st rounders for rentals unless it's a big fish coming back. Henrique is averaging decent production this year in Anaheim but he's not getting the touches or looks he gets there in Edmonton.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Sweeney most likely will do nothing this trade deadline, his “pickups” are not trading any pending UFA either. I wouldn’t be happy with losing guys for nothing, but I think that’s the route he goes
Forbort and Gryz don't get you good enough returns to get worked up about losing them for nothing anyway. Only guy that Sweeney NEEDS to make a decision on is Debrusk. He can get you something good, so sign him or trade him by Friday.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Please no. Like I've said a million times, I'm convinced his old man has pictures of someone.

He knows where the bodies are buried, because he helped bury them. :naughty:

I think I could be a happy man if they did nothing at the deadline other than finding Gryz a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad