Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XII: The sky is falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Byram was a top 5 pick that is like 6 months younger then Lohrei, has nearly 150 games played, and has already been an important part of a cup winning team. Has more value then Lohrei does, Bruins would've needed to add to do something similar.
Byram is a beast, the only worry I would have, he like Carlo has had more than his share of concussions

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Much better
Byram was a top 5 pick that is like 6 months younger then Lohrei, has nearly 150 games played, and has already been an important part of a cup winning team. Has more value then Lohrei does, Bruins would've needed to add to do something similar.
Byram is going to be a stud

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Gte
Contract might not be to bad, if Colorado retained any, as Im pretty sure Nashville is already paying half. But I'd pass he's fallen off a cliff
Excellent pick up if everything fails . Badly need a center to help zacha Coyle and geekie. Heck having geekie with pasta scared me of how weak we are down the middle.

Reactions: TCB

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Best part for Colorado is getting rid of the next year of Johansson's contract. The Sean Walker add is no big deal because quite frankly, he's nothing special. We'll see how he fares outside of Torts system.

I'm glad Florida got Tarasenko. He can't play at their normal pace, stinks defensively, and won't move the needle much for them at all.

A 1st rounder for Henrique and Carrick is comical but Edmonton feels it's there year and are desperate to add to their depth.

Good deal for Buffalo getting Byram out of Colorado, even though Mittlestadt is a solid player.
Perfect, everyone that went anywhere sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Maybe someone else smarter then me, I that is a large field can put this together . Ullmark to LA.. ... La must give something to Ottawa .........Bruins must give to Ottawa.......Bruins get Chychrun and Pinto .....I am not saying exactly who but Lysell, Merko, and I would rather not but Loheri, ...... The Bruins are getting a young defenseman who is signed at a good contract for another year, and a young center who will need to be signed, but at a contract that a older center like Lindholm would cost. Lets forget about Hanifin maybe his heart and mind on the Florida golf courses, if not we can talk to him in July, I just put some of the stew ingredients in the pot you smarter than me need to get it cooked......

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Perfect, everyone that went anywhere sucks.

I don't see any of those moves being big upgrades. Not a fan of any of those players outside of the Byram/Mittlestadt deal and I while I like Henrique for depth, but that price for him at this stage of his career is absurd. We'd be roasting Sweeney if he made that deal.

I've seen too much of Ottawa this year (being in their local broadcast region) and Tarasenko is a shell of his former self. He can still shoot a puck but without it he's not very good. He's gonna have trouble keeping up to the pace of the other Panther forwards they way they play.

I know you like Walker but he's really unproven as far as the playoffs go and hasn't really had any success until this year. He could be good for Colorado but it's no guarantee either. There is risk there but they dumped that cap hit of Johansson making it worth it somewhat.

The prices are abnormally high showing how little depth there is in this year's trade market.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Everyone else shopping at Sak's 5h Ave and Donny's browsing at Walmart. :laugh::laugh:
What is he suppose to do with a team that has been competing yrs now selling off assets every deadline? Sooner or later things dry up.It is why I support sitting it out and reloading in off season.Just sitting out 1 deadline could be huge for them to kind of regroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad