Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XII: The sky is falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I have written what I have written.
c2336aa4-62c7-4b41-ac6c-e2252b7d6bfd_text.gif

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
@shelbysdad ... response from previous thread.

Sure you could throw the kids out there, but a 180/185 pound player getting hit by a 210/220 pound defenseman isn't going to hold up to well. Giving them time to add an additional 10 - 15 pounds of muscle/core strength goes a long way towards their ability to handle the contact. Men, as a rule, continue to develop muscle well into their 20s, especially the early 20s. Yes, there are exceptions such as an 18 or old Lucci, but that is an exception. They took a chance with Poitras because he earned himself a spot. It was a very unfortunate point of impact hit that caused his shoulder injury. But that is the risk. They may be a little gun shy risking another higher level prospect ahead of schedule.

I have no problem if a playoff team trades picks for an established player, especially if it helps the current team. As you had stated picks tend to take 3 - 5 yrs to make an impact on a team , if ever.

Reactions: Gordoff

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
@shelbysdad ... response from previous thread.

Sure you could throw the kids out there, but a 180/185 pound player getting hit by a 210/220 pound defenseman isn't going to hold up to well. Giving them time to add an additional 10 - 15 pounds of muscle/core strength goes a long way towards their ability to handle the contact. Men, as a rule, continue to develop muscle well into their 20s, especially the early 20s. Yes, there are exceptions such as an 18 or old Lucci, but that is an exception. They took a chance with Poitras because he earned himself a spot. It was a very unfortunate point of impact hit that caused his shoulder injury. But that is the risk. They may be a little gun shy risking another higher level prospect ahead of schedule.

I have no problem if a playoff team trades picks for an established player, especially if it helps the current team. As you had stated picks tend to take 3 - 5 yrs to make an impact on a team , if ever.
Is overall, AHL considered a nastier , dirtier league just due to players trying to make an impression ? I have no clue is why I ask....which has more cheap shots

Reactions: Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
@sarge88
Two reasons….

1. They can trade for a Carlo replacement
2. They can sign a Carlo replacement via FA

Now, maybe the better play is to move Lindholm if Hanifin comes here….but Carlo might be easier to move b/c of Contract.”

Okay but WHO is your Carlo replacement? It’s easy to say “Bergeron replacement, Krejci replacement, Carlo replacement…” but as we know it’s not as easy as it sounds. There’s a reason every fanbase is looking for solid right shot dmen. They’re rare. The Bruins have Carlo at a fair cap hit. Is he perfect? No. Is he serviceable at his cap hit? Yes. He gets sticks in passing lanes. He drives me nuts at times (last night for example), but I wouldn’t trade him unless we have a clear replacement in the cupboard.

Reactions: JOKER 192

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
@sarge88
Two reasons….

Now, maybe the better play is to move Lindholm if Hanifin comes here….but Carlo might be easier to move b/c of Contract.”

Okay but WHO is your Carlo replacement? It’s easy to say “Bergeron replacement, Krejci replacement, Carlo replacement…” but as we know it’s not as easy as it sounds. There’s a reason every fanbase is looking for solid right shot dmen. They’re rare. The Bruins have Carlo at a fair cap hit. Is he perfect? No. Is he serviceable at his cap hit? Yes. He gets sticks in passing lanes. He drives me nuts at times (last night for example), but I wouldn’t trade him unless we have a clear replacement in the cupboard.

I guess in this scenario, Hanifin would be his replacement (and an improvement) in the top 4.

Maybe they sign a Dumba to play PK and add some physicality.

Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - Dumba
Lohrei - Wotherspoon/Regula

Then use Carlo to improve up front.

Again…not easy moves/decisions, but I think most of us agree that the back end needs some muscle next season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
@sarge88
Two reasons….

Why not get rid of everyone since pretty much reading this thread they all suck and are soft

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I guess in this scenario, Hanifin would be his replacement (and an improvement) in the top 4.

Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - Dumba

Again…not easy moves/decisions, but I think most of us agree that the back end needs some muscle next season.
Matt Dumba? Come on. We’d get worse. Carlo is incredibly underrated here.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Hanifin - McAvoy
Lindholm - Dumba

Dumba sucks. No offense but that’s a terrible take

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Matt Dumba? Come on. We’d get worse. Carlo is incredibly underrated here.
Is there any player that has ever been suggested to come here that you haven’t said is terrible?

Have you watched this team play since about Jan. 1?

I don’t know what team you’ve been watching but I’m typically as optimistic as anyone on this board and even I can’t make a case for this team doing anything other than a first round exit.

Is Dumba as good as Carlo?

No…..but Hanifin is….much better!

In this scenario…which likely won’t happen anyway….with Carlo, Hanifin, Lohrei and Lindholm as the 2-5 defensemen….its waaay too soft, IMO.

So add Hanifin to upgrade on Carlo and sign Dumba or a similar guy to do the dirty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad