Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion XII: The sky is falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah I don't mind the idea of wanting to add a player that adds that additional element to the back end, just don't think Dumba is that dude. At least not for the top 4.

And I'm pretty against the idea of trading Carlo in general unless you're getting a top 6 center back directly in that trade, RD options are really grim out there.

I get it.

I think this team will look very, very different next year though.

I don’t have a problem with Carlo, Lindholm, Lohrei or McAvoy, of course.

My only concern is that the defense lacks physicality and if by some miracle Hanifin came here, they’d improve the talent level, but not the physicality.

Plus, Hanifin would get paid at least 9 million….plus McAvoy’s 9, Lindholm’s 6, and Carlo’s 5….add in Lohrei and whoever the 6th guy is and
thats 30+ million on the top 6.

With Swayman needing a new deal, and the need to upgrade some forward spots.

If you’re gonna cut anywhere Lindholm or Carlo might make sense.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I get it.

I think this team will look very, very different next year though.

I don’t have a problem with Carlo, Lindholm, Lohrei or McAvoy, of course.

My only concern is that the defense lacks physicality and if by some miracle Hanifin came here, they’d improve the talent level, but not the physicality.

Plus, Hanifin would get paid at least 9 million….plus McAvoy’s 9, Lindholm’s 6, and Carlo’s 5….add in Lohrei and whoever the 6th guy is and
thats 30+ million on the top 6.

With Swayman needing a new deal, and the need to upgrade some forward spots.

If you’re gonna cut anywhere Lindholm or Carlo might make sense.
The reported deal he got from Calgary to try and get him to stay was 8x7.5mil, I don't think he gets more then that tbh. And if he does then I'd let him go enjoy the florida sunshine, cause he's not an 8+ mil defenseman IMO.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Jeff carter and Jared tinorodi good el cheapo pick ups on trade deadline.
facepalm-really.gif

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Heard Ty Anderson spitballing on the Sports Hub Underground podcast and he brought up Casey Mittlestadt from Buffalo. It is a name I haven't heard.
His names been out-there. He's a RFA at seasons end and rumor has it the Sabres don't want to pay him. Would love to see Sweeney take a shot at him, always liked him since his WJ days.

I want better names but we have zero ammo to get them. Zero.
I get it, but dam why waste anymore on those two ?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
His names been out-there. He's a RFA at seasons end and rumor has it the Sabres don't want to pay him. Would love to see Sweeney take a shot at him, always liked him since his WJ days.

Gotta get a center so we can maybe slide carter on the 4th and geekie on 3rd or zacha. Depth at center crucial come playoff time. Tinorodi has some snarl and will stick up for teammates.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I've been out of the loop on names that could be available. I wouldn't mind him here. Ive always thought he had the talent

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I've been out of the loop on names that could be available. I wouldn't mind him here. Ive always thought he had the talent
I'm with ya. I know the Sabres have been scouting the Bruins and vice-versa maybe there's something there. Okoposo was another name who was mentioned as a possibility, me personally Id much rather have Mittlestadt a lot more upside, and he plays Center.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This is what I love about this place….and this example has nothing to do with my dislike for Heinen. It’s just the most glaring and easiest to detail.

With that being said…….very, very, very few forwards had a worse season last year than Heinen did…including an impressive (even by his standards) 34 game goalless streak.

He got let go by the currently out of the playoffs, Pittsburgh Penguins, seemingly didn’t get an offer from anyone until the B’s reached out in late August and probably would be playing for or against Frolunda right now if Monty wasn’t the coach.

He’s made the giant leap from marginal NHL’er to mediocre NHL’er and he was welcomed here with open arms and is talked about like he’s the second coming of should be Hall of Famer Brian Propp by many on this board.

Yet….apparently every other marginal/mediocre player in the league is entirely incapable of improving their game or adding anything positive if they were to come here…..especially (to some) if they body check better than they poke check.

As I’ve always said….about 30-40% of this league is made up of interchangeable JAG’s. Sometimes a team hits and a bunch of their JAG’s over perform and it leads to unexpected team success. Sometimes the JAG’s just do what’s expected and a lot of the time they underperform.

What a particular JAG excels in, is sometimes the perfect fit to what an acquiring team needs.

Usually, faceoff or PK ability or toughness, hitting. If they brought scoring they wouldn’t be a JAG.

Open your minds people. When someone suggests a trade target, they’re usually not saying the guy is going to come here and score 18 playoff goals and lead them to a cup.

They’re looking to find a guy who can be acquired, who fills a need.

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'm with ya. I know the Sabres have been scouting the Bruins and vice-versa maybe there's something there. Okoposo was another name who was mentioned as a possibility, me personally Id much rather have Mittlestadt a lot more upside, and he plays Center.
Middlestadt sign me up. Jake obviously the other way but I dont think its enough .

Reactions: Kegs and TCB

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Tinorodi has some snarl and will stick up for teammates
Were the two concussions last time he was here as an 8th defenseman not enough?

I was horrified when he was fighting earlier in the season. There are few NHL players I've seen take so many head injuries while skating in so few games. Being conservative, him and Khaira are one or two good jolts away from drinking from sippy cups in their 30s.

I say this as a complete violence loving barbarian. Guys like Tinordi getting a green light to play, and choosing to fight in order to stick, tickles the uvula with bile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad