Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Watched the Bruins-habs game on CBC last night and Garry Galley mentioned he thought the Bruins will be moving a goalie and most likely Ullmark by the TDL to acquire help at forward.

It's pretty safe to say they are not trading any goalie this season.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
It's pretty safe to say they are not trading any goalie this season.
Agreed, I think a lot of speculation from outside of the organization is just looking at the Bruins needs and assets at a high level. Do the Bruins need a high-caliber #1 center, yes. Are the Bruins in a really good position at goalie so that they have the luxury to potentially move a goaltender, sure.

Thing is, the the Bruins come up a lot when Lindholm is mentioned, but Coyle and Zacha are producing more if not a similar level to Lindholm. Is it worth moving high-caliber prospects and picks for Lindholm? In my opinion no since I don't think he moves the needle any more than Coyle and Zacha can.

A big reason for the Bruins' success these past two seasons is because they have two #1G in Ullmark and Swayman. Could they move one, sure, but the return isn't going to win the Bruins any more games than having two #1Gs would.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ok. What do they have that would interest us?

not a ton. Especially where both teams need to do Dollar neutral contracts. you'd likely be lookin at getting Stuart Skinner back. Plus a Ryan McLeod or Warren Foegle to mostly even the dollars up. Then maybe a pick

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I have always been a big Carlo supporter, difficult to do in this town, but I seriously think this kid should consider a career change.

As with Hal Gill, a big D who is not especially physical gets a bad rap in Boston.

I like Brandon as a player, but a half dozen or more concussions is beyond seriously concerning. It's Russian roulette.

I don't know where the team doctors, Sweeney, et. al. are in all of this. The organization cares about its players and their physical and mental health.

I don't believe they are unaware or uncaring per Carlo's safety or the wisdom of continuing his career.

Even so...

Reactions: Gordoff

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Maybe not, just stating what Galley had said, if they did get a good offer for Ullmark, I would consider moving him in the right deal.

Unless said offer is something "utopic" they are not trading Linus. As a matter fact, I can't see it in offseason either: $12M for Linus + Swayman? I'm good for sure.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Unless said offer is something "utopic" they are not trading Linus. As a matter fact, I can't see it in offseason either: $12M for Linus + Swayman? I'm good for sure.
You realize that would be significant higher than any other team in the league, right?

Swayman on the Rask contract is almost a lock at this point...

He needs a back-up on an ELC or a veteran on a cheap contract

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Then there’s that limited no trade clause…Edmonton probably wouldn’t be a first choice for a lot of players.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I could see a deal w Ullmark to Anaheim (Henrique ++) which allows them to trade Gibson.

I'd rather move him in a deal for Hertl.

tremha77

Jul 16, 2022
I don’t mind Beecher or Lohrei having time to work on his game while Sweeney works on the roster. I do think Grezclyk or Forbort should move for cap space. I like Gryz better in the past but this year I feel Forbort has been more valuable.
why? Because he has been injured so has contributed cap space? :)

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
We are right there with the best teams in the NHL for GF and GA.......I don't see us trading Ullmark this season. Who needs a goaltender that fits the following criteria:
1. Doesn't have a starter who's better than Ullmark?
2. Is a legit contender?
3. Has the assets we'd be looking to get back in a trade for Ullmark?
4. Has the capsapce?

LA? Edm? We'd be looking to grab their 1st rounder obviously but would have to take a cap dump back as well. I don't see Ullmark waiving to go to Edmonton either. LA......maybe?

I'm a pretty big traditionalist but for two years now, we have shown that rotating goalies makes us the best team in the NHL. The numbers don't lie. Come playoffs, I do not see why we shouldn't give this a go.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I too would move Ullmark. Teams would pay more as they would get him for 1.5 years plus an opportunity to re-sign him later on. I'd look at LA as they look to be desperate for an upgrade in goal. The Kings have a good team that is ready to compete, just lacking a real #1 goaltender.

I'd ask for this years 1st + Pinelli

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I would move Ullmark tomorrow if we could add the right pieces. I think Sway is ready to be #1. It’s definitely a luxury to have two top-notch goalies, but salary-wise it seems unsustainable beyond this season.
What team outside our division is goalie shopping?
The leafs are rumoured to be looking. They are willing to move their 6th round pick.

I’d be happy with 12 mil for both goalies. Some teams have one goalie making close to 10. This goalie tandem is the best in the league.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I too would move Ullmark. Teams would pay more as they would get him for 1.5 years plus an opportunity to re-sign him later on. I'd look at LA as they look to be desperate for an upgrade in goal. The Kings have a good team that is ready to compete, just lacking a real #1 goaltender.

Great trade idea. I would do this in a second.

I’d settle for Turcotte too

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

I’d up the ante significantly and do anything to get Byfield.

This kid is a friggin beast and is finally breaking out. Frankly I wish we traded for him last year while he was affordable.

Ullmark, Lysell, a first, and a second. They’ve got so much center depth it’s ridiculous but this trade is probably still lopsided in our favor.

Either that or we trade Ullmark for a money retained sulking PLD. He’s not having a good year but he also isn’t getting the minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I’d up the ante significantly and do anything to get Byfield.

This kid is a friggin beast and is finally breaking out. Frankly I wish we traded for him last year while he was affordable.

Ullmark, Lysell, a first, and a second. They’ve got so much center depth it’s ridiculous but this trade is probably still lopsided in our favor.

Either that or we trade Ullmark for a money retained sulking PLD. He’s not having a good year but he also isn’t getting the minutes.
We’re not getting Byfield - no one is. Why anyone would want PLD and that contract now is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad