Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not sure Beecher’s play has warranted a demotion, but he is exempt. Hands are probably tied at the moment.

Sucks though, hopefully it’s not an extended stay.

Tough to swallow. To me, Beecher has done everything a coach might ask of him. He's a rookie. He's learning. He was also the one constant on the fourth line up to this point and has earned his position in Boston.

I hope this is simply a way to make room for Forbort and Carlo, and temporary.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Tough to swallow. To me, Beecher has done everything a coach might ask of him. He's a rookie. He's learning. He was also the one constant on the fourth line up to this point and has earned his position in Boston.

One thing is for sure, there's a log jam at defense. Time to start dealing, Donnie.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

I liked Beecher the first 10 games more than I do now. He stopped winning faceoffs and isn’t violent enough for me. That’s just me though. He has the nhl tools for sure. I can see him being part of bostons future. He still has some developing to do.
One thing is for sure, there's a log jam at defense. Time to start dealing, Donnie.
I’d just keep the log jam. Playoffs are gruelling on defence. Bruins have really deep defence. Love this team. I don’t see any dire need to make a trade. If anything I’d love a big violent player with can skate with the best. And a faceoff guy who can play up the lineup. My expectations aren’t high with the draft picks left on the shelf. Could do a prospect trade. Maybe. But teams love 1st.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Dominic Tiano

·
Jan 17, 2024
@dominictiano
·
Follow
Some clarity on #NHLBruins defenceman Parker Wotherspoon.To the best of my knowledge, he was an emergency recall on January 6. Therefore, once healthy, he must go down to Providence. No Waivers.He can play up to 9 games and then go back down. No Waivers.

Dominic Tiano

@dominictiano
·
Follow
After 9 games he must be converted to regular recall and then would require waivers to go to Providence. Also, even if he plays every game the rest of the way, he will not reach 80 career NHL games and will become a Group 6 UFA at the end of the season.
3:32 PM · Jan 17, 2024

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I liked Beecher the first 10 games more than I do now. He stopped winning faceoffs and isn’t violent enough for me. That’s just me though. He has the nhl tools for sure. I can see him being part of bostons future. He still has some developing to do.

He had a 3 game stretch a couple weeks back where he struggled from the dot. Other than that he has been consistently good at the dot all season

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I don’t mind Beecher or Lohrei having time to work on his game while Sweeney works on the roster. I do think Grezclyk or Forbort should move for cap space. I like Gryz better in the past but this year I feel Forbort has been more valuable.

Reactions: bob77

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Who the other day was saying we needed more offence from the back end?

Man it's been a bonanza from the D for a while now!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Is there anyone else injured atm?
I’ve liked Parker’s game of late, would be tough to lose him via waivers. Hopefully they don’t try to sneak him through

Gotta think the B’s roster is at max right now and not sure anyone else is waiver exempt

per CapFriendly only Looch on LTIR

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Watched the Bruins-habs game on CBC last night and Garry Galley mentioned he thought the Bruins will be moving a goalie and most likely Ullmark by the TDL to acquire help at forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad