Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Regular season doesn't mean anything - yada, yada, yada... But, here's how the team has performed with the potential playoff D scratches when they've each been in the lineup this season (Peeke included, even though I don't think he's in any real danger of being scratched.)

Kevin Shattenkirk (59 Games Played)
  • 64.4 Winning%
  • 3.41 Goals For per game
  • 2.56 Goals Allowed per game
  • +0.85 Goal Differential per game

Matt Grzelcyk (62 GP)
  • 59.7 W%
  • 3.34 GF/g
  • 2.69 GA/g
  • +0.65 GD/g

Parker Wotherspoon (39GP)
  • 56.4 W%
  • 3.13 GF/g
  • 2.72 GA/g
  • +0.41 GD/g

Mason Lohrei (41GP)
  • 53.7 W%
  • 3.17 GF/g
  • 2.73 GA/g
  • +0.44 GD/g

Andrew Peeke (13GP)
  • 69.2 W%
  • 3.23 GF/g
  • 2.69 GA/g
  • +0.54 GD/g

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You are probably one of the many that wanted Bergey back this year and holding out hope that he would comeback for this years playoffs, probably still sitting at the window waiting. Krecji should never been brought back last year , but you I would bet all warm and fuzzy all over when he came back. Sweeney should have been looking for a center last year and been honest and tell Krecji we have no room, he did the smart thing this year and did not make a panic move for a top line center. Why don't you just enjoy what they have a accomplished this year as a team, and applaud Coyle and Zacha on how they stepped up this year. I guess you listen to too much talk radio to think for yourself.
I was the one here saying Bergeron cost them the tying goal vs Florida by not getting to wall and forcing it after Marchand played it beautiful.He laid back and let them set it up.Anyhow I still have mad respect for all Bergeron accomplished here ( Ty for Cup)but his days as a top line centre were clearly over and he knew it.I respect him for retiring knowing he was not going to be that same player and not playing like alot of players do at a bit less.Anyways not going to go back and forth on this it makes no sence but I hope with cash Bruins have in off season they can get some bigtime help.Go Bruins.

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I don't see how you can Ice a LHD rotation of Lindholm-Gryz-Shattenkirk, and expect to beat anyone in the postseason .

Even if you call Shatty the RHD on the 3rd pair, It is such a disadvantage to have either Gryz or Shatty on the ice for 35 minutes a night. It just puts too much pressure everywhere else in the lineup
I think it's the best they can do with what they have

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Shatty/Wotherspoon-Peeke

Would be nice if the Bruins let 48-73 play a series together. All year it's successful and then they deep six it. Lindy and Carlo are good together. Shatty is a must IMO for his PP prowess and Peeke for his physicality. Three pairs with a guy who can move the puck with ease on the left and a banger on the right. Forecheck has killed the Bruins. Tampa is a big heavy team coming down on the D and my above combos will get the puck out safely and quickly more often than not IMO and they would generate more O 5v5

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I’m surprised Monty isnt playing Lohrei

If he does well Monty will be happy

If he struggles he can yell at him, turn red, and look pissed
Loheri should not be playing unless injuries start to take over.

Reactions: HustleB

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
why what happened? Did aliens take his talent
I hear you.Lohrei has some skills that most of them there do not have.He gives a fan the feeling he can contribute on offense.I do not get that with most of that Bruins backend.I expect him to be full time next season for sure.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
why what happened? Did aliens take his talent
I am not saying he does not have talent, I think in time he will be a good player but now is not the time.........Did Aliens take your eye glasses ?

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
You are probably one of the many that wanted Bergey back this year and holding out hope that he would comeback for this years playoffs, probably still sitting at the window waiting. Krecji should never been brought back last year , but you I would bet all warm and fuzzy all over when he came back. Sweeney should have been looking for a center last year and been honest and tell Krecji we have no room, he did the smart thing this year and did not make a panic move for a top line center. Why don't you just enjoy what they have a accomplished this year as a team, and applaud Coyle and Zacha on how they stepped up this year. I guess you listen to too much talk radio to think for yourself.
I’m going to chime in and say I’m a Krecji (and Bergeron) fanboy. I was delighted that they both played last year, and loved every minute. Although I think I would have made Bergeron wait to return during the series against Florida.
I would have loved Bergeron to come back this season, and I’d probably make room anywhere in the lineup if he called me today and said I wanna play.
Good thing I’m not a GM lol.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m going to chime in and say I’m a Krecji (and Bergeron) fanboy. I was delighted that they both played last year, and loved every minute. Although I think I would have made Bergeron wait to return during the series against Florida.
I would have loved Bergeron to come back this season, and I’d probably make room anywhere in the lineup if he called me today and said I wanna play.
Good thing I’m not a GM lol.
Every GM has major F ups

Until Twitter came along I didn’t even know perfect people existed

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
if Sway does not have a good run his price goes down
If Ullmark does his goes up. 🎉

When the Bruins do bow out though I don’t see it being Sway or Ullmark as the reason why, far from it. This off season with their cap space and the probable movement of Ullmark actually has me looking forward to it despite their lack of picks in the upcoming draft.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Unfortunate ending for them, especially for the kids. Kids just want mom and dad together

But, hopefully it’s for the best. One day Lucic will realize what he had and hopefully he uses the rest of his time to add to the earth instead of taking away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad