Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Is it time to rest some key players and test out P bruin kids? I'm dying to see Lysell, Bussi, more Merk, and Regula!

The Salary Cap says ‘no’ . Still must be compliant. Will need the space they have to activate Maroon if he can go before playoffs I believe.

As well as aside from emergency you can only have 4 call ups until the playoffs.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The Salary Cap says ‘no’ . Still must be compliant. Will need the space they have to activate Maroon if he can go before playoffs I believe.

As well as aside from emergency you can only have 4 call ups until the playoffs.
Wally - 4 call-ups as in different players ?

So if Lohrei is sent back and forth, is that none since he was up, 1 since it's 1 person, or each time counts as 1 of the 4....

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
My understanding is 4 transactions call ups. If Im wrong Im sure @DominicT will correct me.
( its his side job 😁)
Its 4 regular call ups. So calling the same guy up 4 times is 4 call ups.

There is no point in sending guys down and back up at this point. There is no more banking of cap space.

The only reason Lohrei and Brazeau were sent down yesterday was so that they would be eligible for the AHL playoffs. They had to be on the roster as of 3 pm yesterday to be eligible.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Its 4 regular call ups. So calling the same guy up 4 times is 4 call ups.

There is no point in sending guys down and back up at this point. There is no more banking of cap space.

The only reason Lohrei and Brazeau were sent down yesterday was so that they would be eligible for the AHL playoffs. They had to be on the roster as of 3 pm yesterday to be eligible.

But at the same time i assume recalling them would mean using 2 of those precious 4 call ups. ❓

Reactions: shelbysdad

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
So looking forward to next year, they will have a bunch of money to spend. They need to sign Swayman (~$7M), sign a 1C, and an LD.

I'm guessing Lindholm is plan A at center at about $8-$8.5M. Plan B is probably Chandler Stephenson. He would likely come in cheaper. And the rest of UFA centers are underwhelming. Maybe Plan C is trade Ullmark for C.

On D, gotta think Hanifin is plan A and maybe Skjei as plan B for long-term commitments. If they can't get either of them, they're probably looking at more short-term vets. Maybe Brendon Dillon.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Lysell
Freddy-Poitras-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
JAG1, JAG2

Lindholm-Mac
Hanifin-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Looking like a strong lineup for next year if they can get the guys they want.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So looking forward to next year, they will have a bunch of money to spend. They need to sign Swayman (~$7M), sign a 1C, and an LD.

I'm guessing Lindholm is plan A at center at about $8-$8.5M. Plan B is probably Chandler Stephenson. He would likely come in cheaper. And the rest of UFA centers are underwhelming. Maybe Plan C is trade Ullmark for C.

On D, gotta think Hanifin is plan A and maybe Skjei as plan B for long-term commitments. If they can't get either of them, they're probably looking at more short-term vets. Maybe Brendon Dillon.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Lysell
Freddy-Poitras-Geekie
Lauko-Beecher-Brazeau
JAG1, JAG2

Lindholm-Mac
Hanifin-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Looking like a strong lineup for next year if they can get the guys they want.

I think it's going to be either a top 6 center or a top 4 dman. I don't think the Bruins have the cap space to do both, especially if Lindholm commands 8-9.

Chandler Stephenson will most likely hit the market now that Vegas has Hertl and will be more cost efficient than Lindholm. Had an awesome playoff run last season, so he knows what it takes to win.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I do think they will try to sign Hanifin if he makes it to market because it seems Donny loved him.

Otherwise i think they go more for a physical 4/5 defenseman, because they believe Lohrei will be a top 4.

As others mentioned before the deadline Lindholm/Hanifin/Lohrei may be ok for a year or 2, but it doesn't really give any room for Lohrei to develop into the top 4 guy many believe he will be

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
im thinking Hanifin stays in vegas past this season

He might. It's a tough place to live, and i wouldn't want to raise a family there, but that's me.

Of course as i said before, IF you are super rich, and Hanifin is an will be, any NHL city is a beautiful place to live.

Reactions: sarge88

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He might. It's a tough place to live, and i wouldn't want to raise a family there, but that's me.

Of course as i said before, IF you are super rich, and Hanifin is an will be, any NHL city is a beautiful place to live.
Vegas extended Hanifin 8/$56mil.

• Wow
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad