Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
XXXX-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Get a nasty shutdown 3LD.
Now we can focus on improving our top 6 I guess instead of worrying about Hanifin.

Reactions: bbfan419 and SPV

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
At this point, I think Zadorov would actually be a great fit...

Ideally he is your #5 but he can take on some tougher minutes while Lohrei slowly develops and moves his way into the top four.
I would not slow Lohrei growth - I want Lohtei 20 minutes and on PP1 by end of next season

If you want him to replace Wotherspoon I guess but I think Dollar Don likes the Peeke- Spoon pair

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
XXXX-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Get a nasty shutdown 3LD.
Now we can focus on improving our top 6 I guess instead of worrying about Hanifin.
I am here with you - but if it’s Little Z going 1 year $2 M make do deal

He had no market at deadline so GM and scouts certainly watched him more then me

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would not slow Lohrei growth - I want Lohtei 20 minutes and on PP1 by end of next season

If you want him to replace Wotherspoon I guess but I think Dollar Don likes the Peeke- Spoon pair

I am here with you - but if it’s Little Z going 1 year $2 M make do deal

He had no market at deadline so GM and scouts certainly watched him more then me

I can agree with you, but i can't imagine someone isn't going to go give little Z 4+ years, and 4+ million per year for him, and I stay far away from him at that price. I would consider adding another LHD to compete for the 6/7 role with spoon, who is a more defensive minded physical vet.

Reactions: DKH

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think the only free agent I’d pursue would be Bertuzzi. We need some type of nasty on our top 6. Let Jake walk and re-sign Boqvist and Heinen, they can bring more than Jake can most nights for a lot less. Down the middle, I’m much more confident with Zacha, Coyle, Poitras, and Beecher than I would have been last season. Depending on how he does, I’d bring Maroon back to share 4th line duty.

On defense, I think you move one of the goalies to Jersey, get back Nico Daws and Kevin Bahl, plus whatever else. Daws gives you a backup and Bahl gives you what Zadorov might bring for far less.

A lot of the same with a little more sandpaper. Plus I think a lot of cap space to play around.

Reactions: Gordoff

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I can agree with you, but i can't imagine someone isn't going to go give little Z 4+ years, and 4+ million per year for him, and I stay far away from him at that price. I would consider adding another LHD to compete for the 6/7 role with spoon, who is a more defensive minded physical vet.
I don’t really think that’s an outrageous deal though?

I would take Zadorov at 4.5 x 4 pretty easily…

In a world where we have had to watch Gryz, Forbort, Reilly and others play at 3+ and all of a sudden we’re gunna draw the line with a FA who would bring the most physicality to our blue line since K.Miller retired…

Bruins are going to have plenty of cap space to work with. I’m not saying throw it around aimlessly but we have a pretty big need at LHD and it just so happens we could get a really quality #4/5 for only $$ has to be a big consideration

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe Chandler Stephenson. Vegas has no money left to keep him. I know Stephenson is not the sexy name and plays a similar style to Coyle but better to have that kind of depth down the middle than not. Zacha/Stephenson/Poitras can all play wing also for flexibility.

Maybe for the right price. Definitely not a person who i would want to make a long term commitment to . like if you re getting him for 3/10, sure. but not a guy i want to go 5/25 (or worse) with.

It;s generally the secondary market where you get killed in FA. Basically where teams lose out of the top option, and then way overpay to get the best remaining guy

Most of what Sweeney got last year was the remnant market.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

In a world where we have had to watch Gryz, Forbort, Reilly and others play at 3+ and all of a sudden we’re gunna draw the line with a FA who would bring the most physicality to our blue line since K.Miller retired…

Bruins are going to have plenty of cap space to work with. I’m not saying throw it around aimlessly but we have a pretty big need at LHD and it just so happens we could get a really quality #4/5 for only $$ has to be a big consideration

Same. I think some teams will offer him 5+ on the open market though, which is a little high but I think he'd look good here.

Lindholm -- McAcoy

Zadorov -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Wotherspoon -- Regula

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Same. I think some teams will offer him 5+ on the open market though, which is a little high but I think he'd look good here.

Lindholm -- McAcoy

Zadorov -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Wotherspoon -- Regula

I am more concerned someone will give him 6 or 7 years. I'm also not convinced he is a good fit for next to Carlo

Reactions: wintersej

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

With 25 mil or so in cap space I hope Sweeney brings in a little more rounded d-man than spoon. I love the guys heart and determination but its an area the Bruins can improve on and keep Wotherspoon around as your 7th/8th defenseman.

They need to add some nasty and hard to play against when the going gets rough. I agree on Lohrei, but Ive seen enough on Carlo and his careless give away's under pressure. Hopefully they move him out and bring in a similar type player, but one who can play tougher/meaner without the giveaways, if your able to add a player like that with Lohrei their instantly better.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They better find a top centre b4 they waste any money
Zacha and Coyle ?

Together, Coyle (career-high 23 goals) and Zacha (17) will enter Tuesday night’s game vs. the Senators with 100 points through 69 games. They are on a pace to deliver a combined 119 points. Bergeron (58) and Krejci (56), each with 1,000-plus games on his résumé, drove the boat last season with a combined 114 points. The Coyle-Zacha ascendancy to the top two center spots has been truly remarkable.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I have saw alot of Zadorov living here in Calgary & if price is right he has value with his size and toughness.That said he wanders alot up ice so don't expect a stay at home guy

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Zacha and Coyle ?

Together, Coyle (career-high 23 goals) and Zacha (17) will enter Tuesday night’s game vs. the Senators with 100 points through 69 games. They are on a pace to deliver a combined 119 points. Bergeron (58) and Krejci (56), each with 1,000-plus games on his résumé, drove the boat last season with a combined 114 points. The Coyle-Zacha ascendancy to the top two center spots has been truly remarkable.
Not sold on either one as a top center, but having them slot 2 and 3 would be great

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Zacha and Coyle ?

Together, Coyle (career-high 23 goals) and Zacha (17) will enter Tuesday night’s game vs. the Senators with 100 points through 69 games. They are on a pace to deliver a combined 119 points. Bergeron (58) and Krejci (56), each with 1,000-plus games on his résumé, drove the boat last season with a combined 114 points. The Coyle-Zacha ascendancy to the top two center spots has been truly remarkable."

Love it! Thanks for posting. Amazing to me some folk continue to express this nonsense and why I question if they actually watch bruin games? are truly bruin fans?

Hopefully this will be the last "give your head a shake" post.

Find a top 4 D and top end skilled goal scorer.

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Love it! Thanks for posting. Amazing to me some folk continue to express this nonsense and why I question if they actually watch bruin games? are truly bruin fans?

Hopefully this will be the last "give your head a shake" post.

Find a top 4 D and top end skilled goal scorer.
I too don't get it...for years in the Julien era our top centers were 50-60 point guys who provided great two-way play and those are the teams who had the most playoff success in the last couple of decades. Zacha/Coyle are providing exactly what those guys did, but obviously not as elite defensively as Bergy

A bit spoiled perhaps, but these two have definitely stepped up, I understand the hesitancy to trust them long term though

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Zacha and Coyle ?

I like what the both of them have been able to do this year, but these kinds of comps fall a little false to me.

It hints at Coyle Zacha being equal to Krejci and Bergeron, but compares Coyle and Zacha's best seasons to the ones that convinced Krejci and Bergeron that it was time to retire.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Zacha and Coyle ?

Bergeron was +35 and Krejci +23 last season.

Zacha +13 and Coyle even this season.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like what the both of them have been able to do this year, but these kinds of comps fall a little false to me.

It hints at Coyle Zacha being equal to Krejci and Bergeron, but compares Coyle and Zacha's best seasons to the ones that convinced Krejci and Bergeron that it was time to retire.
I don't think either decided to retire because of their game. Hell Bergy won his 6th Selke last year and it was pretty much written on the wall that Krejci was coming back for one more year.

Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maybe for the right price. Definitely not a person who i would want to make a long term commitment to . like if you re getting him for 3/10, sure. but not a guy i want to go 5/25 (or worse) with.

It;s generally the secondary market where you get killed in FA. Basically where teams lose out of the top option, and then way overpay to get the best remaining guy

Most of what Sweeney got last year was the remnant market.
He would possibly spit in Sweeney’s face if they offered him 3/10 and I wouldn’t blame him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad