Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospects Thread (CHL/NCAA/Euro)

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Hugo needs to make sure Kapanen comes to camp next seasons, if he doesn't sign this summer why would he sign at the end of next season when he can be free to go where he wants come june 1st 25
If he doesn’t show up he 100% becomes a trade chip. The issue is what team will take the risk to trade for him. So they must have an idea of what his intentions are right now and if he doesn’t plan to sign with us trade him this offseason.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
If he doesn’t show up he 100% becomes a trade chip. The issue is what team will take the risk to trade for him. So they must have an idea of what his intentions are right now and if he doesn’t plan to sign with us trade him this offseason.

Can’t botch the rebuild but this is why it’s important to have momentum & progression, so that young prospects also want to join in and be part of that core.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hugo needs to make sure Kapanen comes to camp next seasons, if he doesn't sign this summer why would he sign at the end of next season when he can be free to go where he wants come june 1st 25

They can sign him & loan him back to Timra. He doesn't need to be at camp. Maybe rookie camp. I'm sure they'll discuss things with his agent this summer. There's no reason to panic.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Kapanen continues to lead the Liiga playoffs. He has 9 pts in 6GP.

wowsers-yikes.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They can sign him & loan him back to Timra. He doesn't need to be at camp. Maybe rookie camp. I'm sure they'll discuss things with his agent this summer. There's no reason to panic.
Who knows the may have had him over in the rookie camp this year. Wasn't he finishing up his mandatory stint with the Army.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Who knows the may have had him over in the rookie camp this year. Wasn't he finishing up his mandatory stint with the Army.
Kapanen was at the rookie camp in 2021 and 2022. He wasn't available for the one last year because he was doing his military mandatory training. I see no reasons for him not being there next summer.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Yeah, last year he did his military stint. I expect the Timra contract has an NHL clause within it. I expect he comes over for camp this year, but if he doesn't make the Canadiens he goes to Timra instead of Laval.

Reactions: jrom

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kapanen with a goal so far. KalPa is up 2-1 in the 1st.

They win today and move on to the next round.

Kapanen was at the rookie camp in 2021 and 2022. He wasn't available for the one last year because he was doing his military mandatory training. I see no reasons for him not being there next summer.

He was at development camps, not rookie camps.

During rookie camp, he's in Europe because his team had their camp and their season starts earlier.

But you're correct saying he wasn't there last year due to military service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad