Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospects Thread (CHL/NCAA/Euro)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

2023-24 OHL Coaches Poll Results​

Strange to see that according to the evaluation of the OHL coaches, only Sobolev received a nomination among the Habs prospects and this, for 3rd best shot blocker. No nomination for Mesar and none for Owen Beck (not even best on faces offs)while he has the 4nd best percentage in the league at this level....i.e. 58.5%

2023-24 OHL Coaches Poll Results - Ontario Hockey League
I think they forgot most physical.

Reactions: Nevins

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today's Euro prospects in playoff action:

- Kapanen @ 11:30AM ET. Game 1 of KalPa's semi-final series vs. Tappara.
Kapanen with 10 pts (5G, 5A) in 7 playoff games.

- Engstrom vs. Eriksson @ 1PM ET. Game 1 of the semi-final series between Rogle and Vaxjo.
Engstrom with 2 assists in 6 playoff games.
Eriksson with 0 pts in 3 playoff games.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
when I saw him at the WJCs, I remember him doing quite a bit of crease clearing and was like 'whoa'. I thought he was a small-ish Norlinder type with skill. Saw that other dimension at the WJCs and fell in love with his game.
Does anyone else see Stralman with Engstrom? He was also surprisingly gritty at times too. Not sure if he's as good skater but he's bigger and seems to have that effortlessness to his game with the puck that makes him look so smooth.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The giant 🐓 is going crazy

Oliver Kapanen is on hat trick watch.

1000002905.jpg

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
I’m just stats watching but has anyone followed him at all? Is his game translatable to the nhl?
He's got middle 6 NHL upside if things fall into place for him, as he's been playing 1C in KalPa for a couple of months, 2C most of the season. He has a nose for the net, a really good shot and is a decent skater. He's a tenacious defender at times, dog with a bone type attitude. Hit and miss when it comes to faceoffs - would have to work on them and get stronger to ever contemplate playing center in the NHL. Lots to like for a still very young player.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Engstrom is a beautiful skater.
You get this feeling that he’s so under appreciated in these parts. Never or rarely gets mentioned as posters pencil in their top 6 D

Guess he’s a product of out of sight out of mind. Think he’s gonna surprise many as he makes his way over to NA and laces his skates with Laval.

Can’t wait

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Goal - 1:47
Nice Rush/Chance - 11:54

watching this vid you can see the good and the bad at times, I don't know how tries so hard on one backcheck and the next shift he barely moves a muscle. But had he of scored on that chance in the final minute of the game when it was 4-3, that would have been epic after he grabbed the puck from behind his own net and skated it up ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad