Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
UMass was eliminated, but Makar looked bloody good. Much better than 7-9 points in 30 games or whatever his stat line is. I guess he returns for his senior season.

Seems like Taylor has taken a nice step this year. If he takes another next year, maybe we have another LOC story on our hands. Wouldn't be surprised if he's taken that as motivation.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
UMass was eliminated, but Makar looked bloody good. Much better than 7-9 points in 30 games or whatever his stat line is. I guess he returns for his senior season.

DU is one game away from being eliminated as well, but I reckon they return Cornell a favour and beat them to reach the Frozen Four, which is another week before a potential Behrens ELC. Ambrosio is another to potentially sign, but BC are the heavy favourites and should go to the National Title game. The better chance is that he returns as a fifth year and goes into the transfer portal to another school like Maine, Western Michigan, etc. No chance Avs sign Buyalski with another injury-filled year, should return to his senior year at Vermont. Avs will probably sign Jedlicka for the AHL team, but they do have another year on him and he did miss an entire season so far. Avs probably sign Sward and no chance Avs give Zhigalov a chance, he has somehow regressed quite amazingly since him being drafted. Absolutely talented, but sadly no brains.

Surprised we haven't given Ritchie an ELC yet.

I just highly disagree on Makar... the dude makes Wood look like a hockey savant. He will get a contract because of his last name... but he's going to find his way into every coach's dog house with bad penalties, antics, poor motor, and overall complete stupidity (I don't think I've ever seen a player love to be offsides as much as him). He was good yesterday, but that is not the norm with him.

Think Ritchie will be a July 1 ELC signing.

Reactions: GeoRox89

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just highly disagree on Makar... the dude makes Wood look like a hockey savant. He will get a contract because of his last name... but he's going to find his way into every coach's dog house with bad penalties, antics, poor motor, and overall complete stupidity (I don't think I've ever seen a player love to be offsides as much as him). He was good yesterday, but that is not the norm with him.

Think Ritchie will be a July 1 ELC signing.
Makar probably sucks in the end, but he looks really good on the forecheque and as long as Bednar is around, those types of players will get the chance to succeed. It depends on if he falls to being a Greer type of player, which he probably does turn into.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Makar probably sucks in the end, but he looks really good on the forecheque and as long as Bednar is around, those types of players will get the chance to succeed. It depends on if he falls to being a Greer type of player, which he probably does turn into.
Greer is at least a NHL player

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Bulyalski is in the portal too.
He was someone who I thought could be working his way towards dark horse prospect territory with him having a solid sophomore season on a team that can’t score goals. This year was kinda crappy and seemed to have more injury trouble. Let’s hope he lands somewhere nice and has a big senior year.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
The coach/player relationship is strained to say the least. It has been this way since about 6 months into Taylor playing at UMass.
Do players go into the portal to hopefully get into bigger/better schools or are they hoping for more playing time? Crazy how easy it seems to move around

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do players go into the portal to hopefully get into bigger/better schools or are they hoping for more playing time? Crazy how easy it seems to move around
There are many different reasons. Makar needs a fresh start and hopefully a bigger role. He won’t end up at a Michigan or BU… but maybe an Omaha or Arizona State or Bemidji State level program and get more minutes.

Reactions: BaconNater

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Am I reading too much into that when I think that it could be a sign that they’re hedging their bets with Spencer Knight or is this just a normal progression with a goalie prospect?
Black doesn’t have much to do with Knight. You need a few guys who can take roles. Knight is more about keeping his head straight and earning the spot of over Stolarz

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
The transfer portal is hammering the CCHA this year. From Michigan Tech we lost our lone NHL prospect in Kukkonen, too bad.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The transfer portal is hammering the CCHA this year. From Michigan Tech we lost our lone NHL prospect in Kukkonen, too bad.
There are a lot of NIL rumors flying around that too. It might have just been delayed, but it seems this is the year it starts to crumble. The small schools are going to have a tough time figuring this out.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
There are a lot of NIL rumors flying around that too. It might have just been delayed, but it seems this is the year it starts to crumble. The small schools are going to have a tough time figuring this out.
Does this mean the end of DU

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Thank you I appreciate your input it's hard to find good info on college hockey! It was such an exciting year in college I hope it doesn't continue to sway towards the big guys too much

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Does this mean the end of DU
I think DU will figure it out. Private school with big donors. Much like BU they’ll find a way.

Thank you I appreciate your input it's hard to find good info on college hockey! It was such an exciting year in college I hope it doesn't continue to sway towards the big guys too much
I hope so too… the influx of Canadian talent may hold it off for a bit, but I can’t see it being held off forever.

Reactions: BaconNater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad