Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

ndmd99

Apr 9, 2018
I still think NIL is mostly a rumor in NCAA hockey. The deals are secret, but there should be some indication if they exist (appearances, social media posts, commercials, etc). And I just don't see much.

In other sports, NIL deal details about specific players and specific numbers get leaked. Nothing like that w/ hockey. Only vague rumors with numbers not linked to any school or any player. I'd guess a lot of the rumors are sparked by agents trying to create the market for players.

Don't have to go any further than this board to see rumors about Behrens. Is he doing any appearances? Autograph sessions? Social media posts?

That doesn't mean the portal (and no longer having to sit out a year for transfers) isn't separating out have/have-not programs. I think there's heavy influence by agents, NHL teams, school resources (budgets), etc.

Don't know Kukkonen's story, but it wouldn't surprise me if his agent or the Ducks (and/or his agent) wanted him elsewhere after this past season. The Ducks did it to Notre Dame back in August 2021 when they had Pastujov head to Guelph right before the season started to be closer to a skating coach they wanted him working with.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I still think NIL is mostly a rumor in NCAA hockey. The deals are secret, but there should be some indication if they exist (appearances, social media posts, commercials, etc). And I just don't see much.

In other sports, NIL deal details about specific players and specific numbers get leaked. Nothing like that w/ hockey. Only vague rumors with numbers not linked to any school or any player. I'd guess a lot of the rumors are sparked by agents trying to create the market for players.
It would explain Swastikas showing up in social media posts of North Dakota players.

Reactions: MaKarter

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Is Ritchie a bit of an 'X-factor' for us this playoffs?

I'm not expecting him to get into any games, but one of our glaring weaknesses is offensive talent in the bottom 6. If we face some injuries and/or need an injection of life/youth, do you think he could get a look for us in the postseason?

Obviously the hope is Kovalenko brings some of the same aspects, but stylistically he just adds more of what we already have.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Obviously the hope is Kovalenko brings some of the same aspects, but stylistically he just adds more of what we already have.
Kovalenko is coming over to prove himself as an NHL player, and while he can look like a wild man in his KHL videos, he is the son of an NHL player so I am confident he is aware of what he needs to do and how hard he needs to work to succeed. The key now is healing up and getting into the line-up, hopefully before the regular season ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Is Ritchie a bit of an 'X-factor' for us this playoffs?

I'm not expecting him to get into any games, but one of our glaring weaknesses is offensive talent in the bottom 6. If we face some injuries and/or need an injection of life/youth, do you think he could get a look for us in the postseason?

Ritchie isn't even signed lol

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Ritchie isn't even signed lol
I think he means once his season is over with the Generals - get him signed and into the lineup.

I don't see it personally, I think he needs to stay the course and continue to develop at a normal pace but the Avs have been known to try and hurry that development along so I guess you never know.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
22nd is pretty decent for us all things considered... And it probably stands a chance to move up again this summer, considering we do still have the 2024 1st to make a selection with this year, 7 total picks in this years draft, and I'd bet we get some more draft pick capital this summer as well(Though maybe not for the 2024 draft).

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Now this is a stupid question in this thread but what the hell's the portal?

Sounds like a convoluted sci-fi show on network television that doesn't stick the landing and gets canceled after eight episodes.
Is a stupid American college thing. Athletes can now transfer to any school without having to sit for a season. Players have to put themselves on a list they call the transfer portal to be eligible for coaches of other teams to recruit.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Is a stupid American college thing. Athletes can now transfer to any school without having to sit for a season. Players have to put themselves on a list they call the transfer portal to be eligible for coaches of other teams to recruit.
What happens if no one picks you up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad