Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Info (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
Is a stupid American college thing. Athletes can now transfer to any school without having to sit for a season. Players have to put themselves on a list they call the transfer portal to be eligible for coaches of other teams to recruit.
It has been terrible for college football in my view. No continuity at all right now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It has been terrible for college football in my view. No continuity at all right now.
I’m conflicted on it. I get this point and it makes college sports just so much different… but I’m very pro player in this. They should be able to move around and make money without a ton of restrictions.

Reactions: McMetal

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Now this is a stupid question in this thread but what the hell's the portal?

Sounds like a convoluted sci-fi show on network television that doesn't stick the landing and gets canceled after eight episodes.
It's college free agency. But you can't call it that, because student-atholetes:dunce:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is a stupid American college thing. Athletes can now transfer to any school without having to sit for a season. Players have to put themselves on a list they call the transfer portal to be eligible for coaches of other teams to recruit.
I thought this was strictly due to Covid. So, this is a new permanent rule?

If it is a permanent rule, I think it is okay to have it, but you should lose a year of athletic scholarship if you decide to use the portal system, or everyone is going to take advantage of it as we're seeing right now going to as many different schools as possible to try and find a place where they can showcase their talent. You don't even see this stuff happen in the CHL...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I thought this was strictly due to Covid. So, this is a new permanent rule?

If it is a permanent rule, I think it is okay to have it, but you should lose a year of athletic scholarship if you decide to use the portal system, or everyone is going to take advantage of it as we're seeing right now going to as many different schools as possible to try and find a place where they can showcase their talent. You don't even see this stuff happen in the CHL...
It is permanent and likely to get even less restrictive. Colleges really have a hard time not considering many of these players employees.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I’m conflicted on it. I get this point and it makes college sports just so much different… but I’m very pro player in this. They should be able to move around and make money without a ton of restrictions.
Yeah, the power imbalance between the players and the schools who were making billions off of their labor has been really bad for a long time. It will probably be a bad thing for the league competition wise, but it's really hard to argue that it's a bad thing for the students who put so much on the line to be taking back some agency for themselves.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Congrats to Pio fans. Denver had a great team.

Behrens had an excellent frozen four. And I was wrong about Zeev.. dudes a beat.

Reactions: BaconNater

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It ain’t that stupid. The NCAA could’ve regulated this ages ago but refused. Now they’re getting their asses handed to them with every subsequent court ruling. There’s nothing left to do but acknowledge the players union and get to the bargaining table.

And I don’t want to hear one f***ing thing about how mercenary college players are when we see what coaches and now ADs do.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It ain’t that stupid. The NCAA could’ve regulated this ages ago but refused. Now they’re getting their asses handed to them with every subsequent court ruling. There’s nothing left to do but acknowledge the players union and get to the bargaining table.

And I don’t want to hear one f***ing thing about how mercenary college players are when we see what coaches and now ADs do.
Woah now… awfully hasty leap there.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
How about Colby Ambrosio elc watch?
After the season he just had, I think it's an open question whether he should even be offered one. Maybe he was just buried in the lineup under the elite talent of BC at forward, but still, 8 points in 40 games as a senior doesn't inspire much confidence. It's pretty concerning that his offense hasn't taken a step given that he isn't really equipped to be a bottom six grinder.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yes please, get the guys that show that championship mettle, Davis was locked in and Behrens was really good
No doubt his agent's phone is going to be blowing up tomorrow after that performance. I hope CMac has recovered enough from his TDL bender to be one of those calls.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Congrats to Pio fans. Denver had a great team.

Behrens had an excellent frozen four. And I was wrong about Zeev.. dudes a beat.
DU is pure trash, lucky arse organisation that got a gift-wrapped an amazing coach and all the prospects go there because they have this beast off-ice trainer, nothing more. They should have lost in the first game of the tourney in OT, but lucked their way to the win. I saw their other teams who won and this rubbish squad did not even come CLOSE to those teams in 2021. At this point, I would rather have North Dakota win it for the next 50 years so I wouldn't have to see DU in the finals again. I am fuming.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
After the season he just had, I think it's an open question whether he should even be offered one. Maybe he was just buried in the lineup under the elite talent of BC at forward, but still, 8 points in 40 games as a senior doesn't inspire much confidence. It's pretty concerning that his offense hasn't taken a step given that he isn't really equipped to be a bottom six grinder.
I just thought I'd put his name out there, since we might be on behrens elc watch. His other seasons seem more consistent though, I thought he might've been injured, same number of games though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t see it that way.
I mean… you automatically assumed I hate the portal to restrict players. It is stupid that there has to be a process to it. Athletes really should be able to move as they wish. The fact that the portal exists is the stupid part.

MarchessaultCantRead

Mar 3, 2023
DU is pure trash, lucky arse organisation that got a gift-wrapped an amazing coach and all the prospects go there because they have this beast off-ice trainer, nothing more. They should have lost in the first game of the tourney in OT, but lucked their way to the win. I saw their other teams who won and this rubbish squad did not even come CLOSE to those teams in 2021. At this point, I would rather have North Dakota win it for the next 50 years so I wouldn't have to see DU in the finals again. I am fuming.
Can you show on a doll where DU hurt you? :laugh:

Calling the NCAA champion pure trash is absolutely insane!

Either you’re incredibly biased or just delusional.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Sarcasm font?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad