2023-24 New Goalie Equipment and Mask Sightings

TossingPizzas

Apr 28, 2022
Obviously my opinion, but I am not sure what people see in Bauer. I went to a goaler convention one year and they had some of the most uncomfortable gear out there, whereas Brian's was one of the best. Now with that said, the single best piece of equipment was easily Warrior's pad set, but I take it that they currently do not have a deal with the NHL and thus why you don't see anybody use it.

I'd rank them as the following...
1. Warrior
2. Brian's
3. True (Lefevre)
4. Vaughn
5. Everyon?e else
Is this coming from a Beer League level goalie?

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Obviously my opinion, but I am not sure what people see in Bauer. I went to a goaler convention one year and they had some of the most uncomfortable gear out there, whereas Brian's was one of the best. Now with that said, the single best piece of equipment was easily Warrior's pad set, but I take it that they currently do not have a deal with the NHL and thus why you don't see anybody use it.

I'd rank them as the following...
1. Warrior
2. Brian's
3. True (Lefevre)
4. Vaughn
5. Everyone else

I have to think it's just the money Bauer has, but so many goalies are not big on change. Or maybe just old school ones? Vasy started with Brian's and then went to Bauer, so that's why I have to think if they get to a newer goalie or someone who isn't elite, they can convince them with money.

I know Lefevre has been Reebok, CCM, and now True, and quite a few goalies will stick with them regardless of the branding on them.

Since I've played goalie I started with Warrior pads, had Vaughn's for a short period of time but they didn't fit as well, and now back to Warrior and love them. I wish they'd go to the NHL..

If I had a bigger budget I'd look into a full custom Brian's set, or maybe even try Vaughn's again. I just feel like those two have credibility based on being goalie specific.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have to think it's just the money Bauer has, but so many goalies are not big on change. Or maybe just old school ones? Vasy started with Brian's and then went to Bauer, so that's why I have to think if they get to a newer goalie or someone who isn't elite, they can convince them with money.

I know Lefevre has been Reebok, CCM, and now True, and quite a few goalies will stick with them regardless of the branding on them.

Since I've played goalie I started with Warrior pads, had Vaughn's for a short period of time but they didn't fit as well, and now back to Warrior and love them. I wish they'd go to the NHL..

If I had a bigger budget I'd look into a full custom Brian's set, or maybe even try Vaughn's again. I just feel like those two have credibility based on being goalie specific.
The company probably has absolutely zero effect on NHL goaler gear since they will get the same custom measurements and feeling from every company. That's why them switching companies is honestly nothing compared to the working man who buys the gear and eventually has to stick with it. That's why it is important to make a smart decision at the very beginning so you don't waste your money since it is hard to return hockey gear.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

New buckets for Varlamov and Sorokin. I'll miss Ilya's Fisherman holding a spraycan.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Swayman’s centennial mask.

1695229035157.jpeg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Swayman’s centennial mask.

View attachment 744590
You can spot a DaveArt mask a million kilometres away with the lack of structure and a complete disregard for any foundation. Dave's brain, "let's put a million bears walking across the edge of the mask because it would look too ridiculous with all the open space!"

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

My main problem is always that he's very talented but he doesn't have an editor.

That could have been an awesome mask but why the hell are there so many flares, you don't need Ron Burgundy's face eighty thousand times on the mask.

A mask should have focused imagery and should be clear and able to be seen from a distance, not muddied with unnecessary details.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad