Trois-Rivières Lions 2023-24 Lions de Trois-Rivières

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Stapleton did lead trois R. In scoring. He may stick in the AHL. How is the other 3 centres in Laval do? Moved on or busts it would seem

You mean Stapley.

Stephens is still there.
Condotta is still there.
Mysak is still there.

Richard and Belzile left to try for NHL spots.
Abbandonato left for the Chicago Wolves where he may be able to get more ice time since they are shallower at C.

Stapley had to wait until August to sign an AHL contract with a team way shallower at C than Laval.

Where would Stapley rank?

Maillet
Andersson
Stephens
(Condotta often used at W but can C)
Mysak
Gignac
Kidney
Davidson

He would likely be in the ECHL again unless we get 4+ injuries at C. The team is a lot deeper at C this year because we got rookies who will likely end up on the wings or the ECHL.

On the other side, the Eagles seem a lot thinner at C so he may get AHL time there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Stapleton did lead trois R. In scoring. He may stick in the AHL. How is the other 3 centres in Laval do? Moved on or busts it would seem

Stapley made the better decision by signing with the Eagles. Because here, he'd be stuck in the ECHL since Laval has depth both at C and at wing.

It's also a sort of "coming home" for him as he spent 4 years at DU in the NCAA.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
This is the Lions of Trois Rivieres roster currently but the team has made Qualifying Offers to 8 players.
Bradley Johnson(d) :Has not yet given an answer
Sam Dunn(d): will play in The Magnus League( France)
Connor Welsh(d):Has not yet given an answer
Shane Kuzmeski(d):Has not yet given an answer
Alex Breton(d):will play in Slovakia
Zach Kaiser(la):will play in Germany
Nicolas Guay(rw): Yes
Cole Gallant(rw):Has not yet given an answer

We can think there may be 4-5 players added to the current roster.

Trepanier-Montmigny-Beauregard
Yerenko-Guay-Novak
Lariviere-Lemay-Voyer
Chaulk-Davidson-McKay

Nielsen-Pepin
Galipeau-Hjorth
Merizier-Komuls
L.P Jones

Emond
Mann
AE652424-D882-4C93-9121-A79D09B5E231.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Another signing to be announced at 3PM today.

Hint provided by team: It's a Quebec-born forward and it's someone who will play in his 3rd season in the ECHL and also returning for 3R.

Some people replied to it. Two names could fit the bill:
- William Leblanc: this would be his 3rd ECHL season and he'd be a returning player.
- Justin Ducharme: this would also be his 3rd ECHL season and he would be making his return to 3R. He played with them in 2021-22, last year he played with the Idaho Steelheads. So he would also qualify as a returning player.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Another signing to be announced at 3PM today.

Hint provided by team: It's a Quebec-born forward and it's someone who will play in his 3rd season in the ECHL and also returning for 3R.

Some people replied to it. Two names could fit the bill:
- William Leblanc: this would be his 3rd ECHL season and he'd be a returning player.
- Justin Ducharme: this would also be his 3rd ECHL season and he would be making his return to 3R. He played with them in 2021-22, last year he played with the Idaho Steelheads. So he would also qualify as a returning player.

Ducharme is the better player. Was he qualified by Idaho?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ducharme is the better player. Was he qualified by Idaho?

That's a good question to ask. I didn't think of it. But I just checked, and no they didn't.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Trepanier-Montmigny-Beauregard
Yerenko-Guay-Ducharme
Lariviere-Lemay-Voyer
Chaulk-Davidson-McKay
Novak

Nielsen-Pepin
Galipeau-Hjorth
Merizier-Komuls
L.P Jones

Emond
Mann

Reactions: GrandBison

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Wish I knew. Also, if only I cared. 😉
It's the same owner as the Lions and the only other Canadian team, good rivalry so far... No one is signed, it doesn't look good for them but the problems could flow to the Lions if it's about money...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's the same owner as the Lions and the only other Canadian team, good rivalry so far... No one is signed, it doesn't look good for them but the problems could flow to the Lions if it's about money...

It does seem like the owner might end up selling the teams. He also owned the Iowa Heartlanders, but he sold them to local owners not long ago.

And the issues with Saint John isn't new. They had issues dating back a few years with the arena and other things.

If he does indeed sell, I do hope local owners buy it.

Despite all that, this hasn't stopped 3R from signing players.

Reactions: GrandBison

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
It does seem like the owner might end up selling the teams. He also owned the Iowa Heartlanders, but he sold them to local owners not long ago.

And the issues with Saint John isn't new. They had issues dating back a few years with the arena and other things.

I think you mean St. John's, not the Q team in Saint John, New Brunswick.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

Got an answer from a Leafs fan: Most of their players are on Marlies contracts. I guess it's a good way to help Deacon sports solving their financial issues. There is still rumors that the Lions will be sold to a local goup, but I guess it won't happen during the season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Got an answer from a Leafs fan: Most of their players are on Marlies contracts. I guess it's a good way to help Deacon sports solving their financial issues. There is still rumors that the Lions will be sold to a local goup, but I guess it won't happen during the season.

I would love to see a local group buy it. I think we should always be grateful to Deacon Sports for bringing an ECHL team in 3R.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad