Trois-Rivières Lions 2023-24 Lions de Trois-Rivières

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The new year kind of starts tomorrow when teams can start signing players. So I decided to start a new 3R thread for the upcoming year, as well as 3R entering a new phase with M-A Bergeron out and Pascal Rhéaume as new coach and GM.

There is continuity there since Pascal was Assistant Coach. So it's not someone from outside coming in.

Reactions: Archijerej

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wonder if his sister might be interested in joining the staff in some capacity, she has a pretty good mind for the game. She seems to have no intentions of moving from Michigan though.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I wonder if his sister might be interested in joining the staff in some capacity, she has a pretty good mind for the game. She seems to have no intentions of moving from Michigan though.
Would be very very surprise, she has role with LA too ?

The Lions are not an appealing job to be honest, QMJHL job are more appealing for any coach

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Pascal Rhéaume was interviewed on BPM Sports this morning. He said that he opted to take the promotion at 3R rather than go back to be coach and GM for the Sherbrooke Phoenix in the Q.

He also said he'd like to mend fences with the LNAH (Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey). Remember last year or the year before, LNAH had made a rule that any player from that league signing to play in 3R would be suspended. So 3R were forced to look elsewhere to bring players in. But it is an important recruiting league for 3R, who have to deal with AHL call-ups and the reality that players could end up leaving at any moment to take better deals in Europe.

Reactions: GrandBison

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He also said he'd like to mend fences with the LNAH (Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey). Remember last year or the year before, LNAH had made a rule that any player from that league signing to play in 3R would be suspended. So 3R were forced to look elsewhere to bring players in. But it is an important recruiting league for 3R, who have to deal with AHL call-ups and the reality that players could end up leaving at any moment to take better deals in Europe.
I know it's a small pool of available players and all, but a lower level local league like the LNAH should be happy to get any sort of publicity/visibility from the ECHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
3R so far:

Signed to ECHL deals: Montminy, Beauregard, Lemay, Larivière, Komuls & Chaulk.

Signed to 2-way AHL deals: Émond & Laaouan. Both played ECHL last year.

Signed to 1-way AHL deals but spent time in the ECHL last year: McKay, Parker-Jones, Voyer, Novak, & Mann.

Reactions: Archijerej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad