Prospect Info: 2023-24 Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jämsen is probably the prospect that intrigues me most. Well, him and Sparkes, haha. Plus he has that shine that so many Kings 7th rounders have. Plus plus he looks like he could be an extra in Airborne so bonus points.

Hes always looked so good in preseason, hope he can put something together and be a good option. Fun player with a knack for improv.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
One of Hampton Slukynsky's 33 saves en route to a 6-0 shutout. In two straight games, he's 51/51 on saves.

It's been 149:21 since he last let a puck by him (as that outing also had OT as well as 3 shootout attempts).

Ryan Conmy scored the game-tying goal with 5 seconds left in the game then assisted on the OT game-winner

Otto Salin got a secondary assist

Also of note is that Jakub Dvorak scored a goal in the Czechia U20 league.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I was thinking about that also, but I'm assuming he wouldn't sign there unless they planned on giving him a lot of starts.
He was already committed to NMU when he was drafted but ended up in Fargo this year to delay his arrival at NMU from what i could gather.
Like you said though, the expectation would be that the program would let him know the plan.

Got to think Glockner might be the odd man out next year as a 24 year old senior.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I’ve resisted saying this but Hammer reminds me so much of Quickie… the kid is super athletic and explosive post to post!! Here’s hoping

Reactions: King'sPawn

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
glad it's not knee related. I'll be very interested though in hearing how bad this ankle is -- it being called "long term" doesn't make me feel very well.
Such a bummer he won't be at WJC.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
glad it's not knee related. I'll be very interested though in hearing how bad this ankle is -- it being called "long term" doesn't make me feel very well.
Such a bummer he won't be at WJC.
He’d either have had a great tournament which would count for nothing or a bad one meaning he’s a bust. Getting fit and healthy is the most important thing.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
He’d either have had a great tournament which would count for nothing or a bad one meaning he’s a bust. Getting fit and healthy is the most important thing.
Habs fan coming in peace because I live in PG and go to a ton of games. I heard the kings were going to fly him out to see their doctors, which makes sense. So frustrating he was hurt in a fight, he’s not a guy you want fighting even though he was sticking up for a teammate.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Can't see embedded X posts on my work CPU but just checked out the fight on YT. Pretty ugly. Wonder if it is ankle or a tib/fib break. Hopefully the latter and no ligament damage to the ankle. Article I read has the coach mentioning ankle but Ziemmer is telling everyone it's broken while laying on the ice.

Always makes my leg hurt watching something like that since I broke my tib/fib falling awkwardly in a fight. 17 years old and far from in shape--let alone a legit athlete--and I would have been good to go in maybe five months if not for an infection from the rod and screws put in. Clean tib/fib with no ligament damage and it didn't break the skin.

Love this guy as a prospect so it really sucks. Sticking up for his line mate and best player on the team. Flukey stuff happens sometimes.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Habs fan coming in peace because I live in PG and go to a ton of games. I heard the kings were going to fly him out to see their doctors, which makes sense. So frustrating he was hurt in a fight, he’s not a guy you want fighting even though he was sticking up for a teammate.
Agreed. Hadn’t realised or read it was a fight… yet another reason to get fighting out of the game properly. It serves no real purpose other than some people liking it and tradition. The same tradition that was/is opposed to mandatory helmets, visors and neck guards.

He‘s probably my favourite prospect in juniors so as @BigKing says let’s hope there’s no ligament involvement.

Reactions: Schrute farms

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Shit, Hammer even resembles Quickie lol

1701620997978.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings are so good in later rounds that I should never have had a single doubt for Conmy and Hammer is just destroying that league, awesome to see for him and the goalie pipeline

Whatever they are using to scout, evaluate and draft relatively off the board/nonconsensus guys later they need to bottle up for the early rounds

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Otto Salin wearing the A for Team Finland in the WJC.

Finland lost 5-2 to Canada today. They play Germany tomorrow.

Salin is the only Kings prospect to participate this year, which is exceptionally low. A few reasons:
- Ziemmer was injured
- Dvorak passed on the opportunity for personal reasons (he's not played since Dec 10)
- Slukynsky focused on the U19 Junior A challenge, as there were older players who were expected to get playing time for USA.

There has also been a lack of updates, because, unfortunately, there's not much to update. With the holiday break, games have been less common. Players are injured. And for some players, like Simontaival, they've scored, but there haven't been any replays of their specific goals. I apologize for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: