Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If we’re lucky, all the B Tkachuk rumors might bump Z off the MB for a while. If we’re lucky. :crossfing
A fan from a large fanbase:

" Hear me out a 3-way-deal:
To my team:
B.Tkachuk
T. Zegras

To other teams:
Scraps
Middle 6 player
Albatros contract
Low 1st, 3rd rounders in 2056"

With justification like:
We prepare for a contending run while those other teams get assets for their rebuild, plus veteran leadership (read: overpaid guys who should play 4th line mins)

I know them too well :laugh:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Interesting on Spittin Chiclets, the staff guest mentioned Carrick and Gudas as players that he would absolutely overpay for as playoff warrior types. I wouldn't mind trading either if we get a good return, but the rest of the season will be tough to watch with the heart and soul players gone. Carrick is a year+ away from his big (hip?) injury and I think he might be almost done, so it would be nice for him to have a run at the cup and get some meaningful games.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Yeah, well Radko isn't getting younger and he has demonstrated his impact on this poor Ducks lineup. I still don't think Verbeek signed these guys with any intentions of trading them. Sure, as they said: if you want to go silly for Gudas we can talk.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Interesting on Spittin Chiclets, the staff guest mentioned Carrick and Gudas as players that he would absolutely overpay for as playoff warrior types. I wouldn't mind trading either if we get a good return, but the rest of the season will be tough to watch with the heart and soul players gone. Carrick is a year+ away from his big (hip?) injury and I think he might be almost done, so it would be nice for him to have a run at the cup and get some meaningful games.
I wouldn’t move gudas…. He’s going to be important for guys like Mintyukov/lacombe /Vaaks and zellweger.

Carrick id move…. But overpay on carrick is like maybe a 3rd?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I wouldn’t move gudas…. He’s going to be important for guys like Mintyukov/lacombe /Vaaks and zellweger.

Carrick id move…. But overpay on carrick is like maybe a 3rd?
Probably like a 2025 2nd + low end prospect, or 2024 3rd + 4th sort of thing. But if we don't resign him then it makes sense. Wouldn't mind if he rejoined us later as part of our development staff.

We'd have to find some replacements for him though... not sure how many there are... Duhaime? Maybe a bit like a speedy Miles Wood type...

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Gudas has a full NTC this year, does he not?
Honestly, he should be as close to untouchable as it gets right now, and not just because of his individual impact. Signing a guy like him to three years while preaching the importance of building a culture, then pushing him out the door the first time someone dangles a shiny draft pick, would send a pretty clear message. And that message is not 'we want this team to build a strong culture.'

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Probably like a 2025 2nd + low end prospect, or 2024 3rd + 4th sort of thing. But if we don't resign him then it makes sense. Wouldn't mind if he rejoined us later as part of our development staff.

We'd have to find some replacements for him though... not sure how many there are... Duhaime? Maybe a bit like a speedy Miles Wood type...

I think that’s fairly easy to find a replacement…. I don’t think carrick returns a 2nd on his own.

I wonder if something like

Carrick + Toronto 3rd(maybe a 4th or 5th gets it done)
For
Edmonton 2nd

Makes sense? Using carrick to move up a round or 2, to a better drafting spot

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think Carrick gets more than a 4th.
I think the post were all referring to is the idea that someone would overpay for carrick….

I think a 4th is his normal value
3rd is overpay.

2nd maybe if we add picks/prospects we don’t need into the trade from ourside
I assume there’s certain young players or prospects we may be moving on from , that other teams may want

Reactions: JAHV and McDonald19

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think the post were all referring to is the idea that someone would overpay for carrick….

3rd is overpay.

I assume there’s certain young players or prospects we may be moving on from , that other teams may want
I was just mentioning it as a possibility since that guest on Spittin was describing his experience in how trades go down (when he was with the Kings acquiring guys like Richards, Gaborik, Lucic). He was asked how he would fix a team like Edmonton/Toronto/Bruins and he mentioned players like Carrick and Gudas would be guys that he wouldn't mind overpaying for, and would give up young players/prospects that he really liked (i.e. Simmons).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Rasmus Andersson was available, would you be interested?

He’s signed for 2.5 more years…. Which gives us time to draft/develop a rhd of the future….

I imagine his cost will be high. But I like the fit

Mintyukov Andersson
Fowler lacombe
Zellweger gudas

Could swap gudas and lacombe I suppose , but prob have to give zell + lacombe reasonable matchup/mins… or get super crazy and trade fowler, pick up ceci

Minty Andersson
Lacombe gudas
zellweger ceci

Last edited:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If Rasmus Andersson was available, would you be interested?

He’s signed for 2.5 more years…. Which gives us time to draft/develop a rhd of the future….

I imagine his cost will be high. But I like the fit

Mintyukov Andersson
Fowler lacombe
Zellweger gudas

Could swap gudas and lacombe I suppose , but prob have to give zell + lacombe reasonable matchup/mins
Does that make any sense for Calgary though given that they are moving backwards at this point?

Edit: And, of course, Gudas has a full NTC this year and a 16 team NTC list next year.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Devils need a goalie in the worst way. First the Jets managed to extend Hellebuyck, then the Devils (if reports are true) whiffed on Markström and Saros. They’re still in the playoff race, but quickly falling behind the rest of the competition. Surprising that they haven’t phoned Carolina already, as Waddell said publicly that he needs to trade a goalie. I wonder what the Devils would offer for Gibson?

Speaking of the Canes/Waddell, I wonder what he plans on doing with the cap space he hopes to acquire? Landing spot for Henrique?

With Columbus, they’re more likely to sell. Would they consider giving up Peeke (RHD) to make room for Jiricek? We’ve now lost Drysdale and Lyubushkin on the right side…

Last edited:

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

3rd is overpay.

Ah, ok. Yes, I agree with that.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Devils need a goalie in the worst way. First the Jets managed to extend Hellebuyck, then the Devils (if reports are true) whiffed on Markström and Saros. They’re still in the playoff race, but quickly falling behind the rest of the competition. Surprising that they haven’t phoned Carolina already, as Waddell said publicly that he needs to trade a goalie. I wonder what the Devils would offer for Gibson?

Speaking of the Canes/Waddell, I wonder what he plans on doing with the cap space he hopes to acquire? Landing spot for Henrique?
Also speaking of the Canes, since when are their goalie issues solved? I know they have a plethora of them, but they always wind up needing goaltending in the playoffs and not having it. Maybe Waddell is hoping that getting new blood in there will shake something loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad