GWT: 2023-24 English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's still really bad and I've never seen a number anywhere near 4.25 against during Klopp's tenure.

We played Thursday against an elementary school team, already up 5-1, and almost everyone played. I still don't understand that.

For as much as he complains about the schedule (and I tend to agree with him) Klopp makes absolutely no attempt to manage it.
Sure, but Liverpool were in dominant control of the game for the vast majority of it but had multiple brain farts where they acted like the ball was a grenade.

I think 9 times out of 10 is absolutely fair because 9 times out of 10 Liverpool doesn't repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot, bottle chances without converting, or giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

It's not like United had a really organized press that forced Liverpool into mistakes, it was just basic routine stuff and Liverpool panicked.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think it's just more he's not the right fit for the team.
Doesn't have a proper position.
Looks lost on confidence.
Haven't been too impressed with his pressing.
Players like Diaz and Nunez, etc who were out there the whole game still run more than him when he subs on.
Said it during the City game - he's incapable of feeding off the energy and the atmosphere of a big game. Everything he does is at the same pace which is slow and low energy.
Never feel confident bringing him off the bench. Do not think he has the take over the game gene

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That number is super inflated. The only reason that Utd won was poor LFC decision making. That’s it. They didn’t take care of the ball.

And more of those shots were dog shit and not dangerous. When we paid attention to the ball Utd had no answer and no idea where to press. Their second goal they won at pinball. The third goal we gave to them. None of the other stuff should have mattered
And when we didn't pay attention they got glorious chances. You say "we win this 9 out of 10 times" when you dominate the opponent and their two decent looks both go in.

Saying "we made mistakes and if we didn't, we win" is meaningless.

It's like saying we win if the other team didn't score.

United had chances against a team that gives up chances. It doesn't matter how.

Liverpool have conceded 8 more xG than City in the Prem and 12 more than Arsenal. It's a legitimate problem.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And when we didn't pay attention they got glorious chances. You say "we win this 9 out of 10 times" when you dominate the opponent and their two decent looks both go in.

Saying "we made mistakes and if we didn't, we win" is meaningless.

It's like saying we win if the other team didn't score.

United had chances against a team that gives up chances. It doesn't matter how.

Liverpool have conceded 8 more xG than City in the Prem and 12 more than Arsenal. It's a legitimate problem.
And that’s fine, LFC still should have won this game, handily, before extra time.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Said it during the City game - he's incapable of feeding off the energy and the atmosphere of a big game. Everything he does is at the same pace which is slow and low energy.
Which is crazy, quarter final against your biggest rival, you have to bring you level of energy a notch above, especially coming off the bench. He will never succeed with LFC if he cannot perform in high pressured games.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But we can't just keep saying "oh well, we should have won."

We have a lot of correctable weaknesses.
Sure. No one is saying there aren’t correctable weaknesses. My point is none of that matters if Tsimikas takes care of the ball and doesn’t make an unforced error. United did nothing to win that match whatsoever. They deserve credit for staying in it, but LFC simply gave it away

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He was a dick before the game too, saying this isn't a derby because he hasn't fought United for the title since he's been at the team. Which, while true, I'm sure lit a fire under United's ass, the disrepect.

How United lined up at the end of extra time.
You should start the next game like that. Winning squad doesn't change!

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe he shouldn't have played a first eleven in Prague when already up 5-1 on aggregate
I think this is a bad take. He did use all his changes. This is not on the manager but on the players themselves, they were not intense enough. They were clearly not up to par to fight it out. I feel bad for Klopp who will have to answer the call about his rotational choice while the real culprit is the player effort and composure. Nobody asked him about rotation choice two weeks ago when Klopp overplayed all his player because of a lack of depth and all the injuries.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I think this is a bad take. He did use all his changes. This is not on the manager but on the players themselves, they were not intense enough. They were clearly not up to par to fight it out. I feel bad for Klopp who will have to answer the call about his rotational choice while the real culprit is the player effort and composure. Nobody thought it was an easy when Klopp overplayed all his player because of a lack of depth and injuries.
Don’t be surprised when your players are tired when they played 90 halfway across the continent three days ago. That would’ve been a perfect game for “Klopp and the Kids.” To blame player effort when there was pretty clearly a major fatigue element after a bunch of players played an unnecessarily heavy load a few days ago seems to me to be taking bullets for Jurgen that are not deserved. But you gotta be loyal to your capo, I understand.

Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Don’t be surprised when your players are tired when they played 90 halfway across the continent three days ago. That would’ve been a perfect game for “Klopp and the Kids.” To blame player effort when there was pretty clearly a major fatigue element after a bunch of players played an unnecessarily heavy load a few days ago seems to me to be taking bullets for Jurgen that are not deserved. But you gotta be loyal to your capo, I understand.
The game 3 days ago was at Anfield and the game was over after 15 minutes and he used all his 5 changes to prevent injuries. It is a a very bad excuses. The Man United wanted it more and got the results. Did Klopp made bad substitutions surely. It does not excuse the performance and composure of the players on the pitch.

I think Klopp will be ruthless with them in practise and question their mentality and spirit.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The game 3 days ago was at Anfield and the game was over after 15 minutes and he used all his 5 changes to prevent injuries. It is a a very bad excuses. The Man United wanted it more and got the results. Did Klopp made by change surely. It does not excuse the performance and composure of the players on the pitch.
The fact that it was at home honestly makes it even more strange that he played a first team, because it meant a Prague comeback was basically impossible. The game was over BEFORE IT STARTED because of the aggregate score. I know we have a tendency to forget that pro athletes are also people, but don’t be surprised when unnecessary minutes make you gassed in ET!

Klopp and Pep both do this. They’ll bitch, moan, and whine about fixture congestion and then not take very apparent opportunities to rotate.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The fact that it was at home honestly makes it even more strange that he played a first team, because it meant a Prague comeback was basically impossible. The game was over BEFORE IT STARTED because of the aggregate score. I know we have a tendency to forget that pro athletes are also people, but don’t be surprised when unnecessary minutes make you gassed in ET!
120 minutes is for both team. Fatigue is unnacceptable excuse at this point of the year, it affects every team especially good teams. The players let the manager down not the opposite.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
120 minutes is for both team. Fatigue is unnacceptable excuse at this point of the year, it affects every team especially good teams. The players let the manager down not the opposite.
Only one team had players play unnecessary minutes 72 hours ago. One team might’ve wanted it more, but that’s obviously a relevant variable and to pretend it’s not is foolhardy. To say that the players “let him down” is such an enormous way of pretending that Klopp is not also responsible for Liverpool’s loss here. They’re all responsible! Him and the players!

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad