GWT: 2023-24 English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Gakpo will be sent out this summer. I'd bet on that. The moment a player starts thinking too much about everything you better get rid of them while they still have value.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Fergie was in charge, Amad Diallo wouldn't see the field for the rest of the season after that clownery

But it's ETH, so instead Amad Diallo won't see the field for the rest of the season because of the manager's bad talent assessment
I think he was assuming that the full time whistle would have blown basically right after the kickoff since no extra time went up and he scored 7 seconds after the 15 minutes was up.

Ref then decided he wanted to add another minute and a half after that which is why it ended up feel a lot longer than it was.

Not much of an excuse though. Keep your jersey on when you're on a yellow. It's not hard.

Reactions: GeoRox89 and Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gakpo will be sent out this summer. I'd bet on that. The moment a player starts thinking too much about everything you better get rid of them while they still have value.
I never feel confident bringing him off the bench. No use if they need a goal.

LFC still win this game 9 out of 10 times but that’s soccer. Just a horrific and uncharacteristic show of game management

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think he was assuming that the full time whistle would have blown basically right after the kickoff since no extra time went up and he scored 7 seconds after the 15 minutes was up.

Ref then decided he wanted to add another minute and a half after that which is why it ended up feel a lot longer than it was.

Not much of an excuse though. Keep your jersey on when you're on a yellow. It's not hard.
Yes. But I do think getting a yellow for taking one's shirt off his stupid. If they put it back on quickly, then the whole time wasting aspect is gone.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yes. But I do think getting a yellow for taking one's shirt off his stupid. If they put it back on quickly, then the whole time wasting aspect is gone.
Meh, even if it's a stupid rule, it's a black and white rule (and has to do with more than time keeper). It's not like players are expecting some sort of judgement call or something. They've known for years that shirt off = yellow.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

This is a game where xG definitely doesn't tell the story. Liverpool bottled 4-5 man advantage rushes without getting a shot (and thus 0 xG) that would have trivially closed the game out.

United maybe could have been up 2 in the first 30 minutes, but after that it was basically Liverpool in control.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
They just gotta focus on Europa and the League.
There was a lot to learn from this game that hopefully they can use to finish the season strong.
Klopp a bit too trigger happy with the subs as well, I thought. They were in control of the game - didn't need to change things up so drastically.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They just gotta focus on Europa and the League.
There was a lot to learn from this game that hopefully they can use to finish the season strong.
Klopp a bit too trigger happy with the subs as well, I thought. They were in control of the game - didn't need to change things up so drastically.
He is protecting Salah for further injury but it costed him the game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is a game where xG definitely doesn't tell the story. Liverpool bottled 4-5 man advantage rushes without getting a shot (and thus 0 xG) that would have trivially closed the game out.

United maybe could have been up 2 in the first 30 minutes, but after that it was basically Liverpool in control.
It's still really bad and I've never seen a number anywhere near 4.25 against during Klopp's tenure.

We played Thursday against an elementary school team, already up 5-1, and almost everyone played. I still don't understand that.

For as much as he complains about the schedule (and I tend to agree with him) Klopp makes absolutely no attempt to manage it.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is protecting Salah for further injury but it costed him the game.
I mean if Salah is healthy for the Europa and rest of the league campaign it’s arguably worth it. We didn’t need Salah to win this game. We needed to not treat the ball like a grenade.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's still really bad and I've never seen a number anywhere near 4.25 against during Klopp's tenure.

We played Thursday against an elementary school team, already up 5-1, and almost everyone played. I still don't understand that.

For as much as he complains about the schedule (and I tend to agree with him) Klopp makes absolutely no attempt to manage it.
That number is super inflated. The only reason that Utd won was poor LFC decision making. That’s it. They didn’t take care of the ball.

We gave up 28 shots. When's the last time since Klopp took over that we gave up 28 shots? I can't say and I don't think you can either.
And more of those shots were dog shit and not dangerous. When we paid attention to the ball Utd had no answer and no idea where to press. Their second goal they won at pinball. The third goal we gave to them. None of the other stuff should have mattered

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
It's because Gakpo is shit
I think it's just more he's not the right fit for the team.
Doesn't have a proper position.
Looks lost on confidence.
Haven't been too impressed with his pressing.
Players like Diaz and Nunez, etc who were out there the whole game still run more than him when he subs on.
Said it during the City game - he's incapable of feeding off the energy and the atmosphere of a big game. Everything he does is at the same pace which is slow and low energy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad