3​
1​
4​
0​

Del Scorcho club :madfire:
F Gauthier​
RD Moore​

=====================

The next week are the conference championship games for many conferences.

Frozen Four Schedule
Mar 24: Selection show (who gets in)​
Mar 28-31: Regionals (4 regions, 4 teams per region)​
April 11 & 13th: Frozen Four​

Selection Process
The 2024 Division I Men’s Hockey Championship provides for a field of 16 teams to compete in a single elimination tournament. Of the 16 teams, 6 conference champions will receive automatic qualification with the remaining best 10 teams being selected on an at-large basis by the Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Committee. A total of 4 teams will be seeded with each of the seeded teams being placed at 1 regional site.

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect Update, Mar 10 (2 week production): Europe and NHL

Mar 10, Europe.png

Europe2-week Production
PlayerLeagueGPGAPts.+/-
SundsvikSHL
5​
0​
1​
1​
-1​
= Goalies =
PlayerLeagueGPWLT.Sv %
ClaraHockey Allsvenskan
2​
2​
0​
0​
0.006​

The KHL season is over for Galimov and Buteyets, I believe, since they have not had a game in the past two weeks.

Del Scorcho Club :madfire:
G Clara​

Sundsvik (Rogle) has one more regular season game and are in the 9th spot, which is a play-in playoff team. They play the #10 team, Modo, on Tuesday. Rogle has 68 points and Modo has 66 points. A straight win get 3 points, an OT win gets 2 points, and OT loss get 1 point in the SHL.

===============

Mar 10, NHL.png

NHL2-week production
PlayerLeagueGPGAPts.+/-
CarlssonNHL
1​
1​
0​
1​
2​
LaCombeNHL
4​
0​
3​
3​
2​
MintyukovNHL
6​
0​
2​
2​
-3​
GroulxNHL
4​
0​
0​
0​
0​
ZellwegerNHL
5​
0​
1​
1​
-1​
= Goalies =
PlayerLeagueGPWLSO.Sv %
DostalNHL
3​
2​
1​
0​
0.002​

LD LaCombe​
G Dostal​

Attachments

• Mar 10, NHL.png
    Mar 10, NHL.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 4

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect Update, Mar 10 (2 week production): AHL and ECHL

Mar 10, AHL.png

AHL2-week productions
PlayerLeagueGPGAPts.+/-
PerreaultAHL
3​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
TraceyAHL
5​
1​
2​
3​
2​
NesterenkoAHL
5​
0​
1​
1​
2​
McLaughlinAHL
4​
0​
0​
0​
-4​
LopinaAHL
5​
2​
0​
2​
-2​
RegendaAHL
4​
0​
1​
1​
-1​
RegendaNHL
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
GaucherAHL
5​
0​
1​
1​
1​
ZellwegerAHL
1​
1​
1​
2​
1​
KingAHL
5​
4​
1​
5​
1​
PastujovAHL
5​
1​
2​
3​
0​
HindsAHL
5​
0​
2​
2​
0​
=== Goalies ===
PlayerLeagueGPWLT.Sv %
ClangAHL
2​
1​
1​
0​
0.002​
AlexanderECHL
1​
1​
0​
0​
0.008​
=== AHL contract goalie ===
PlayerLeagueGPWLT.Sv %
SuchanekAHL
2​
1​
1​
0​
-0.007​

RW King​
LD/RD Zellweger​

Goodie-Goodie Club :highclap:
LW/RW Tracey​
LW Pastujov​
C Lopina​
LD/RD Hinds​

Gulls are 2-7-1-0 in their last 10 games. And they will not have Zellweger for the rest of the season, until April 20th, because the GM Verbeek has notified the fans that Zell is staying with the NHL club for the rest of its season.

Also, Verbeek stated at the "Migration" interview, there will be six to seven 20 year old prospects matriculating to the AHL next year. San Diego might become too young next season. Crazy! This list I'm keeping track off looks to be getting outta hand!

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I could most definitely be wrong but I think Sam Colangelo's NCAA career could be over this weekend if the Broncos are unable to win their series against St. Cloud State. If I'm mistaken please let me know but he may sign an ELC within the week depending how things go.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I could most definitely be wrong but I think Sam Colangelo's NCAA career could be over this weekend if the Broncos are unable to win their series against St. Cloud State. If I'm mistaken please let me know but he may sign an ELC within the week depending how things go.

No idea, tbh.

From ESPN:
The winners of the six conference tournaments -- Atlantic, Big Ten, CCHA, ECAC, Hockey East and NCHC -- and 10 at-large teams will make up the 16-team field. The at-large teams are determined by the PairWise rankings.

Currently, Western Michigan Broncos are ranked 13th overall in PairWise rankings despite being the #6 team in the NCHC. The five teams above the Broncos are all currently ranked in the top-16 in the PairWise ranking.

It's still possible that if the Broncos lose the series 1-2, that they may still earn an at-large bid due to PairWise ranking.

Reactions: barriers

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Finally got the 2024 Future Watch. A few highlights:

• The Ducks are the best drafting team in the NHL over the last 20 years. They have 13 top 10 finishes and have finished top 3 more times then they have been bottom 15.
  • The Ducks have the highest 1st round draft position over the last 4 drafts, and they also have the highest rated draft report card in that time.
  • They are first in organization rankings for 21 and under players. They were 2nd last season only to New Jersey.
  • 4 players in the top 100
    • Gauthier #2
    • Zellweger #24
    • Luneau #27
    • Gaucher #88

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Finally got the 2024 Future Watch. A few highlights:

• The Ducks are the best drafting team in the NHL over the last 20 years. They have 13 top 10 finishes and have finished top 3 more times then they have been bottom 15.
  • The Ducks have the highest 1st round draft position over the last 4 drafts, and they also have the highest rated draft report card in that time.
  • They are first in organization rankings for 21 and under players. They were 2nd last season only to New Jersey.
  • 4 players in the top 100
    • Gauthier #2
    • Zellweger #24
    • Luneau #27
    • Gaucher #88
Cant really ask for more can we?

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
We may be number 1 at drafting but we suck at developing!
Then you suck at drafting if you just go for junior superstars, which is, in my mind the issue with a lot of picks we did. No drafting guys that transfer that well. Development is one element that might be the issue but there needs to be something that can be developed.

He might become what I hoped Jacob Perrault will become - hopefully!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Then you suck at drafting if you just go for junior superstars, which is, in my mind the issue with a lot of picks we did. No drafting guys that transfer that well. Development is one element that might be the issue but there needs to be something that can be developed.

He might become what I hoped Jacob Perrault will become - hopefully!

Junior superstars tend to go top-10. Those prospects have fewer flaws in their games and can usually overcome bad development teams, kinda like an honor roll student stuck with a bad teacher will always succeed. It's the fringe students who suffer with the bad teacher.

Late 1st/early 2nd round selections Tracey (2019), Perreault (2020), and Zellweger (2021) were not junior superstars. Tracey and Zellweger were late blooming, high risk/high reward picks. Perreault possessed top-10 offensive skill, but lacked motor to play defense. For some fans, we missed out on Kaliyev the year before and Perreault was the Kaliyev version for the 2020 draft.

Jacob Perreault had flaws in his draft season, which is why he fell to 27th overall. To compound matters, COVID shut down the OHL and Perreault had to develop at the AHL level as an 18-year old from then on. It wasn't all bad, though...

• D+1, AHL: (GM Murray, HC Dineen)
    • Record: 26-17-1-0 (0.602)
      Finished: 3rd/7 in Pacific (No playoffs due to COVID)
    • 27 games, 17 pts (0.63 ppg), and -11 (He's 18 yrs old here and OHL was shutdown.)
  • D+2, AHL: (GM Murray, HC Bouchard)
    • Record: 28-33-4-3 (0.463)
      Finished: 7th/9 in Pacific (Playoffs)
    • 55 games, 37 pts (0.67 ppg), and -6 (Called up for one NHL game)
  • D+3, AHL: (GM Verbeek, HC Sommer)
    • Record: 20-49-2-1 (0.453)
      Finished: 10th/10 in Pacific (last place)
    • 48 games, 19 pts (0.40 ppg), and -16
  • D+4, AHL: (GM Verbeek, HC McIlvane)
    • Record: 20-25-8-0 (0.453)
      Finished: Currently 9th/10 in Pacific
    • 37 games, 18 pts (0.58 ppg), and -1

Under the Verbeek regime, Perreault's game stopped progressing. The same thing happened with Tracey; saw progress under Murray, but dropped under Verbeek. The Gulls have been languishing at the bottom for the past two seasons due to the roster in San Diego has been piss poor and the coaching isn't up to par as well.

As for Sidorov, my he looks great scoring! His comp isn't Perreault. His comp is more similar Pastujov. Both are dynamic scorers, but both fell in the draft because of their lack of skating and not motor. (Sidorov got passed over in his draft eligible year.) Pastujov has had a couple of flashes this year, which included a hat trick, iirc. But both could also falter if Verbeek doesn't set up the team for success with respect to the roster and coaching.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
As someone who has a kid at the end of September and is woefully behind on keeping up with the Ducks prospects, what is Sidorov’s upside?
NHL goal scorer, but his weakness is play off the puck and defensive engagement. He needs work but his personality is kind of like Ilya Bryzgalov's. He always seems happy, excited and doesn't take anything for granted and works hard, a very positive outlook and attitude.

Reactions: Kalv and LuckyDucky
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
As someone who has a kid at the end of September and is woefully behind on keeping up with the Ducks prospects, what is Sidorov’s upside?

It’s mentioned already, but similar to Pastujov - hopefully he can develop into a middle six forward with a nice scoring touch.

Pastujovs skating struggles were always going to catch up with him as he moves up different levels of professional play. Unsure if he will really make it to the big club

Reactions: LuckyDucky

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Congrats!!! Seems like a late birthday for a draft if it's a boy. Any chance it comes before Sept 15 so he can be drafted earlier? :laugh:
Edit: oh, I read your next post and got that I totally missed your point, sorry :laugh: super cute :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad