Prospect Info: 2023-24 Ducks Prospects

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I posted this in the previous thread but I thought I’d copy it here.

Potential rookie tournament lineup:

Nesterenko-Carlsson-Pastujov
Regenda-Gaucher-Perreault
Tracey-Terrance-Sidorov
Myatovic-King-Pitre
Hvidston-Lopina-Caulfield
Wiebe-McLaughlin?

Mintyukov-Helleson
Hinds-Zellweger
LaCombe-Luneau
Dionicio-Warren (injured?)
Smith-Port

Clang
Alexander

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Here's what EA thinks of our draft:

Clara – AHL Starter

Port – Top 6
Dionicio - AHL Top 2
Smith – AHL Top 2

Pitre – Top 9
Terrance – Top 9
Myatovic – Bottom 6
Sidorov – AHL Top 6

Reactions: Static

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

Tracey-Terrance-Sidorov
Myatovic-King-Pitre
Wiebe-McLaughlin?

Mintyukov-Helleson
Hinds-Zellweger
LaCombe-Luneau
Smith-Port

Clang
Alexander
Kinda tragic that Tracey and Perreault aren't even the top wings.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Tracey-Terrance-Sidorov
Myatovic-King-Pitre
Wiebe-McLaughlin?

Mintyukov-Helleson
Hinds-Zellweger
LaCombe-Luneau
Smith-Port

Clang
Alexander

I'd prefer if we trained Hinds to play RD than Zellweger. We're not deep at RD. Warren is oft injured and Moore is a junior at Harvard (remember Thrun went to Harvard). Luneau and Warren are headed back to the Q. We're missing grit and having a Defensive d-man of the year at RD acclimate to the NHL level sooner, the better. Also, I think Hinds is or will be a better defenseman than Helleson.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'd prefer if we trained Hinds to play RD than Zellweger. We're not deep at RD. Warren is oft injured and Moore is a junior at Harvard (remember Thrun went to Harvard). Luneau and Warren are headed back to the Q. We're missing grit and having a Defensive d-man of the year at RD acclimate to the NHL level sooner, the better. Also, I think Hinds is or will be a better defenseman than Helleson.
If Hinds isn't comfortable on the other side, he could also be paired with Drysdale. I assume if everyone works out, Minty, Drysdale, and Zell will each be on a different pair. Warren/Helleson would be on the 3rd pair (with Zell probably). It also depends on if we can get a RD in the draft next year.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If Hinds isn't comfortable on the other side, he could also be paired with Drysdale. I assume if everyone works out, Minty, Drysdale, and Zell will each be on a different pair. Warren/Helleson would be on the 3rd pair (with Zell probably). It also depends on if we can get a RD in the draft next year.

Hinds has been playing RD in juniors, like Zellweger.

Reactions: lwvs84

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Sergei Fedotov said that Matvey Michkov did not want to be selected by Washington in the NHL draft.

The forward was drafted by Philadelphia .

“Two days [before the draft] I got a call from Anaheim scout Konstantin Krylov. Our most legendary scout of NHL clubs . They had a video conference. Anaheim seriously considered Matvey Michkov .

All incoming factors, which, of course, were objective, influenced the rating somewhere.
But those negotiations that Maxim Moliver (Matvey Michkov's agent in the NHL) had with Philadelphia, and the desire of Matvey himself - everything came together in this club.
The city, the region, the contract with SKA, the very desire of the player - everything came together.

Yes, there was no desire to be in Arizona. There wasn't at all. I told the author of this idea, some kind of insider, that this was specially started so that Matvey Michkov got into Washington.
Matvey Michkov did not want to get into Washington. From the word at all. This desire was mutual. I understand that it is beautiful.
I did not refute, I do not have a telegram channel - that this is a complete blizzard. But this is a complete blizzard.
This is such a journalistic job, when a person himself came up with it, he himself passed it off as some kind of insider, and everyone is like that - in!
I was asked if Matvey regrets that he did not get into Washington. I'm smiling. He didn't want to go to Washington. From the word at all.
“Arizona” and “ Washington ” are two clubs that are definitely ... For different reasons, ”said the representative of the hockey player in Russia and a former scout of the Russian national team, Sergei Fedotov.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I remember there being a big kerfuffle about doing it before training camp...whoever runs it could consider waiting until it's done.

Also, if we do this now Carlsson might end up being ranked 10th. :laugh:
Last year was weird because of the world junior. We normally do it before training camp.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Last year was weird because of the world junior. We normally do it before training camp.

I'd rather do it before training camp starts too b/c there will be a lot going on when it does start. And there's nothing between now and the rookie tourney.

First pre-season game is on Sept 24th. Figure about the team starts a week before the first pre-season game. And then a week before that is probably the rookie tourney exhibition, where none of the prospects in college can attend. There will be recency bias b/c the NCAA prospects can't participate if we start a poll after rookie or pro training camp.

If we're giving only 1 day to polling and conversation, then it could start at the beginning of August. If we're giving it 2 days, unless it's a consensus, then we need to start earlier. I think the top-2 are probably set in Carlsson and Minty. The fun could start afterwards.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I remember there being a big kerfuffle about doing it before training camp...whoever runs it could consider waiting until it's done.

Also, if we do this now Carlsson might end up being ranked 10th. :laugh:

I'd say Carlsson will comfortably be ranked our top F prospect, I am pretty curious where people have him against Zel/Minty though

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
When are we doing prospect polls this year?
I was planning to start it once we go a week without any moves, which would be next Thursday (signed Hagg on Wednesday), though if we start being active before then I'll wait a bit. Anxious to do it this year but last thing I want is for say a DeBrincat trade to screw it up

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
I was planning to start it once we go a week without any moves, which would be next Thursday (signed Hagg on Wednesday), though if we start being active before then I'll wait a bit. Anxious to do it this year but last thing I want is for say a DeBrincat trade to screw it up

I mean depending on what we give up I won't mind a delay in that. The excitement of ADB would definitely overshadow the pain of losing a prospect or two.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

For what it's worth, I think 90% of the stink was from bsu and his reasoning was that "the rankings will change in the future" which is just how the passage of time works. I think it's always been a summer poll and not one that we start at training camp and it makes more sense to come at this from a consistent frame of reference which is the summer. Plus it'll give us something to talk about over the summer besides who did well or not in a 3v3 scrimmage.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
For what it's worth, I think 90% of the stink was from bsu and his reasoning was that "the rankings will change in the future" which is just how the passage of time works. I think it's always been a summer poll and not one that we start at training camp and it makes more sense to come at this from a consistent frame of reference which is the summer. Plus it'll give us something to talk about over the summer besides who did well or not in a 3v3 scrimmage.
My only opinion on the topic is that it should end by the start of rookie camp. One, because it helps fill a gap in time when nothing else is happening. And two, it helps avoid some recency bias that that can pop up after rookie camp. (But mostly, it’s reason #1)

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
My only opinion on the topic is that it should end by the start of rookie camp. One, because it helps fill a gap in time when nothing else is happening. And two, it helps avoid some recency bias that that can pop up after rookie camp. (But mostly, it’s reason #1)
This. Although it could be fun doing some sort of poll after rookie camp and preseason and what not where we discuss which prospects raised their stock the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00