2023-2024 Wings bold predictions

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
That won’t happen.

Boston still has 2 of the best offensive forwards in the league. 2 of the top 20 defensemen and a deep top 6 behind them. And a vezina finalist goalie with a Calder vote worthy backup. They aren’t going to go from a 65 win team to a 35 or fewer win team. They’ll be 90ish to 100 points.

Well they just a bit worse today. Krejci retired.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Well they just a bit worse today. Krejci retired.

And still not bad enough to be a bottom 10 team. Zacha/Coyle/Geekie will probably be a bottom 10 center group but their wingers are still pretty solid in Pastrnak/Marchand and DeBrusk/JVR.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
And still not bad enough to be a bottom 10 team. Zacha/Coyle/Geekie will probably be a bottom 10 center group but their wingers are still pretty solid in Pastrnak/Marchand and DeBrusk/JVR.
It's funny how everyone here thinks the Wings can win with Copp/Compher but the Bruins will suck with those centers, considering they have better wingers. Wings have DBoss, but they have better goalies. I expect them to finish above the Wings only because of their goalies. Plus they aren't icing guys named Holl and Chiarot.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's funny how everyone here thinks the Wings can win with Copp/Compher but the Bruins will suck with those centers, considering they have better wingers. Wings have DBoss, but they have better goalies. I expect them to finish above the Wings only because of their goalies. Plus they aren't icing guys named Holl and Chiarot.
Larkin Copp Compher is markedly better than Zacha Coyle Geekie, like not even in the same ballpark.

Boston will still be decent because of their defensive structure and goalie play.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Larkin Copp Compher is markedly better than Zacha Coyle Geekie, like not even in the same ballpark.

Boston will still be decent because of their defensive structure and goalie play.
Krejci and Bergeron both had less than 60 pts last season, Coyle will get more points simply from playing with better linemates.

The big dropoff happens with Geekie. Kid looks like he has some tools then just spins his wheels in most games. A new coach and team might help his game, I'm not sure he thinks fast enough for the system in Seattle.

But I already mentioned DBoss vs them having better goalies and D, so you're not saying anything much different.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Krejci and Bergeron both had less than 60 pts last season, Coyle will get more points simply from playing with better linemates.

The big dropoff happens with Geekie. Kid looks like he has some tools then just spins his wheels in most games. A new coach and team might help his game, I'm not sure he thinks fast enough for the system in Seattle.

But I already mentioned DBoss vs them having better goalies and D, so you're not saying anything much different.
Didn't know that was a requirement.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Krejci and Bergeron's greatest value came from a defense and possession standpoint, not so much points. Coyle can at least replace Krejci's defense while putting up similar points per game.

Also it's not just a team system that will keep them afloat. McAvoy and Lindholm are probably the best 1-2 defensemen punch on any team in the league right now. They elevate every forward line playing in front of them when they're on the ice. I hope that is what Seider-Edvinsson can turn into.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Why must my fellow Detroit Red Wings fans use facts rather than biased opinions…

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings will trade for Kyle Connor.

1692289302904.png

This is Michigan-born best active scorers at NHL.

(...and there's no need for torey krug...)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Red Wings will trade for Kyle Connor.

View attachment 736735

This is Michigan-born best active scorers at NHL.

(...and there's no need for torey krug...)

I dunno about that, the Wings could use some more vets to make sure Edvinsson doesn't play more than bottom pairing minutes in the AHL he just isn't ready for it

and Wallinder should probably be in the ECHL for a couple years to get used to the North American game

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
By the end of the season...

- Kasper + Edvinsson are full time
- Anton Johansson is a top ten prospect
- Cossa has his NHL debut
- Fabbri scores 60 points
- Larkin scores 85 points

I'm so ready for hockey to be back

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
By the end of the season...

- Kasper + Edvinsson are full time
- Anton Johansson is a top ten prospect
- Cossa has his NHL debut
- Fabbri scores 60 points
- Larkin scores 85 points

I'm so ready for hockey to be back

I hope not

he's 20, even if he's the best Goalie in the AHL I want him spending the whole year down there, if there's one position to go slow with it's definitely Goalie

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Stanley Cup
I like this.

Larkin and Debrincat both score 40.

Larks at 37-goal pace. (max 76 games only)
Cat at 32-goal pace. (max 82 games)

Raymond has a bounceback year and gets 60+ points.
Larkin sets a new career high in points.
DeBrincat gets at least 30 goals.
Seider starts the season way hotter than last year after the failed Chiarot experiment.
Husso bounces back and plays really well.
Reimer costs us at least 10 points with incredibly weak goals.
Sprong gets 20 and plays improved defense.
Berggren gets 50 points.
Fabbri plays less than 45 games.

Raymond - 60 points - checked (will need only 9 points more)
Larkin new career high - very near (going point per game)
DeBrincat 30 goals - current pace = 32 goals.
Seider hot start - checked
Husso - didn't bounce back
Reimer - didn't cost points
Sprong 20 goals - on a pace to 22 goals.
Berggren 50 points - maybe at AHL.
Fabbri less than 45 games - has already played 45 games. :)

So 5/9.

No new "kids" play over 9 games for us

(Raymond, Seider, Berggren, Veleno are young players I'm counting as established)

You called that. It's only Edvinsson with 2 games so far.

I'm expecting 15 goals, 40 points for him and that Compher bumps Copp down to the 3rd line.

Pretty much what is happening.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad