Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I agree, but I feel like the Bruins need to put together a package that is the equivalent of four 1st round picks for him. I'm having a hard time doing that without making the team worse.
Probably debrusk and Carlo? Lysel and lohrei. If we moving Carlo I’d like to keep lohrei.

Mcavoy is worth him straight up. Especially because he has term on his contract. Noris candidate for a selke candidate ? I can’t imagine adding to a deal that sees mcavoy going the other way.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Genuine question. What C has been traded for four first round picks?
I don’t know. I’d say it’s pretty rare… about as rare as a 24 year old coming off a 100+ point season while also getting Selke consideration, getting traded.

My thinking was that the Dubois deal felt like two firsts and two seconds, and Pettersson is a better player so four firsts. Plus, the compensation for signing some making $10m+ is four 1sts so I thought that was a second vote for that valuation.

Reactions: Kegs

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Probably debrusk and Carlo? Lysel and lohrei. If we moving Carlo I’d like to keep lohrei.

Mcavoy is worth him straight up. Especially because he has term on his contract. Noris candidate for a selke candidate ? I can’t imagine adding to a deal that sees mcavoy going the other way.
I don’t know, I would say DeBrusk and Carlo is equal to two firsts or maybe two 1sts and a second. I do think they cover Carlo, to partner with Hughes. But if they’re trading Pettersson, are they blowing it up and starting over?

McAvoy yes, that’s an ace for an ace.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Im
I don’t know, I would say DeBrusk and Carlo is equal to two firsts or maybe two 1sts and a second. I do think they cover Carlo, to partner with Hughes. But if they’re trading Pettersson, are they blowing it up and starting over?

McAvoy yes, that’s an ace for an ace.
Sweeney won't trade McAvoy, hes one of the only draft picks he hit on.

Reactions: Babajingo

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

McAvoy yes, that’s an ace for an ace if pettersson walks they have to do a quick rebuild. Too many pieces to blow it up. This is an underachieving team that had a lot of offence. When u watch Vancouver games you can see the elite skill that team has. Losing Horvat though. And if they lose pettersson ? who knows. They could go any direction I feel like.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Don't think I'd go that far. Bergron's skill level is somewhat underappreciated.

Turk more like a Bergeron/Marchand amalgom. Which is pretty darn good.
DKH was not off base with his comments ,Sanderson was the real deal the only thing that could stop him from a great career was himself , and unfortunately he succeeded in doing that.........

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The issue is he is rfa. So he has no say really ? Might have to wait two years.
This coming from some one who does not show great patience , I would rathe wait two years for Petterson then sign Scheiffele ,or Lindholm to those anchor heavy deals.........

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Im

Sweeney won't trade McAvoy, hes one of the only draft picks he hit on.
Who drafted Carlo, debrusk and swayman?

This coming from some one who does not show great patience , I would rathe wait two years for Petterson then sign Scheiffele ,or Lindholm to those anchor heavy deals.........
Pettersson is superior In every way to these two.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut

Let just stop these conversations. The bruins have absolutely nothing to offer van for EP… like literally nothing. Short of moving Mac that’s it. Every team in the league would crush any bruins offer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Let just stop these conversations. The bruins have absolutely nothing to offer van for EP… like literally nothing. Short of moving Mac that’s it. Every team in the league would crush any bruins offer
I don't buy this line of thinking. Yes, other teams have better prospect pools, but are they willing to part with them? How many teams are looking for (and can afford) a $12m #1 center? Where does Pettersson want to go? Where would he be willing to re-sign? The best hand doesn’t always win the bet.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
It would be sick if we could somehow get Pettersson but like others have said, I don't think we have the assets to make it happen.

Imo, if he's made available, I think he ends up in Detroit

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Who drafted Carlo, debrusk and swayman?

Pettersson is superior In every way to these two.
And a lot younger, and even in two years he would still be younger than either of Schefiele or Lindholm............If you make a deal now you create another hole , just look at the three names you mentioned , I am sure that they will be discussed along with MaAvoy............

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don't buy this line of thinking. Yes, other teams have better prospect pools, but are they willing to part with them? How many teams are looking for (and can afford) a $12m #1 center? Where does Pettersson want to go? Where would he be willing to re-sign? The best hand doesn’t always win the bet.

While your points are valid , this isn't exactly like a card game but to stay with the card game analogy. it's like hoping you have the best hand at a table with 32 players. Then if that's not hard enough your holding the marked cards.

Reactions: Gordoff

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Mark scheifele come on down your the next center for the Boston Bruins. I see a lot of smoke on all kinds of nhl rumours online. If he is the 1A center I'm down with it. He puts points up like water.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
While your points are valid , this isn't exactly like a card game but to stay with the card game analogy. it's like hoping you have the best hand at a table with 32 players. Then if that's not hard enough your holding the marked cards.
I hear you but I don't think there are 32 teams bidding on Pettersson. Lots of teams are happy with their center situation, another group of teams are elminated because they're strapped for cash. A third group will be eliminated by Pettersson not wanting to sign there. He's forcing his way out of VAN because he doesn't want to play for a losing team anymore, so why would he sign long term with some other losing team?

So you're looking for winning teams, that need a #1c, and have the cap space to add a #1 center... The overlap of those 3 circles has to be pretty small.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I hear you but I don't think there are 32 teams bidding on Pettersson. Lots of teams are happy with their center situation, another group of teams are elminated because they're strapped for cash. A third group will be eliminated by Pettersson not wanting to sign there. He's forcing his way out of VAN because he doesn't want to play for a losing team anymore, so why would he sign long term with some other losing team?

So you're looking for winning teams, that need a #1c, and have the cap space to add a #1 center... The overlap of those 3 circles has to be pretty small.

The circle definitely gets significantly smaller when you factor all that in.

May 29, 2013
OMG I can't believe guys think Petterson is the one. He's light as a feather out there and he'll disappear come playoff time if he ever gets there.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad