Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
My opinion? All of Poitras, Beecher and Lohrei make this team. Poitras may only get his nine games, but if he continues like he has, I’d risk burning that first year of his contract.

Way I see it, I don’t have high expectations for this roster one way or the other. But these three have played well enough even in these preseason losses that I’ve come away with some optimism.

If the kids play and the Bruins lose 6-3, but Lohrei gets a nice assist on the powerplay, Poitras has a couple of nice give-and-gos with Marshy and DeBrusk and Beecher centres a fourth line with Looch and Lauko that is physical and as energetic as they look? I’ll take that over a 4-3 loss that sees Forbort and Brown and JVR and Boqvist playing just to expectation. I can be excited about the former loss to watch some of these young players progress and surprise. The second loss may be a closer game but it’s nothing but a wet fart of an L and will be too easy to tune out of when they start to stack.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
At the end of the day, it’s entertainment. And I sure as hell would rather watch 82+ games of Poitras, Lohrei, and Beecher than Derek Forbort and Patrick Brown
Not only that, what message are you sending to your prospects if they win jobs and you give them to Pat Brown and Jesper Boqvist instead? Happened last year with McLaughlin but it really can’t happen with these three. Too important.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Swap Heinen for Greer and that's the lineup I hope to see. I feel like Heinen gives the Bs more versatility. Hopefully Monty and DS reward Beecher, Poitras, and Lohrei.
I agree. I think Heinen could play on any line. He's not going to wow you on any of them, but he's maybe the most inoffensive player in the league and he won't hurt a line. Can't say the same for someone like JVR. We might need that if injuries pile up. Would be a shame to see him go if he's willing to sign for close to minimum.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
My opinion? All of Poitras, Beecher and Lohrei make this team. Poitras may only get his nine games, but if he continues like he has, I’d risk burning that first year of his contract.

Way I see it, I don’t have high expectations for this roster one way or the other. But these three have played well enough even in these preseason losses that I’ve come away with some optimism.

If the kids play and the Bruins lose 6-3, but Lohrei gets a nice assist on the powerplay, Poitras has a couple of nice give-and-gos with Marshy and DeBrusk and Beecher centres a fourth line with Looch and Lauko that is physical and as energetic as they look? I’ll take that over a 4-3 loss that sees Forbort and Brown and JVR and Boqvist playing just to expectation. I can be excited about the former loss to watch some of these young players progress and surprise. The second loss may be a closer game but it’s nothing but a wet fart of an L and will be too easy to tune out of when they start to stack.

You'll take it, and I'll take it, but will management/ownership? A loss is a loss it may be said, but a 4-3 L is closer and you'll have more chance of stealing at least a point in those sorts of games, even if it's not fully earned. Will a younger Bruins lineup win more games to offset some of those probably inevitable nights where things don't go so well? If Sweeney and co. think the answer to that is likely to be no, that will trouble them. Let's see how much risk they're willing to take on.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Another poster, possibly @MarchysNoseKnows pointed out that once he goes to the OHL the option for a 9 game tryout is over. I get the sense it's the first 9 games of the nhl season no exceptions not even injury.
I did not know that thanks for the info , I guess I over thought that..........

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
So are Poitras and Lorhei off the table for a deal for someone like Lindholm now? Is someone like Lindholm even the target now?
Lindholm should not even be discussed at this time , I said it before camp do not make a panic move until you see what you have instead of giving out 9 mil contract for soon to be 30year old...........with these three Poitras , Loheri , Beecher your patience might be rewarded...........

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Loving Greer over Heinen and Boqvist. They need a D that hits in the bottom 4 and keeps the crease clear.

Otherwise I like this team and think Poitras could really surprise, has already shown more offensive instincts in a few pre season games than Coyle has his whole career.

What is it with your Coyle hate? Coyle falls in the range of a low 2C to elite 3C. He has been there since the 2019 SCPO. Its that simple, no matter how you attempt to trash him. Incidentally the guy is a horse when it comes to games played. You can count on him playing, that's kind of important.

Don't like his cap hit? Fine, but its not his fault, blame someone else for that.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
So are Poitras and Lorhei off the table for a deal for someone like Lindholm now? Is someone like Lindholm even the target now?
there's definitely still a need for a true top line center. Poitras has been good but that's obviously setting a bar too high for him, and I don't see Zacha suddenly turning into a 1C either. My thing is that I'm not sure Lindholm is really a true 1C either. Yes he can put up 80+ points when he has unreal linemates, but give him lesser talent and he can't really drive a line on his own. And he's gonna be 30 soon.

Long way of saying I don't move either of those two for Lindholm, but if we get to next summer and Pettersson doesn't sign in Vancouver I'd trade them both and more for him in a heartbeat.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
there's definitely still a need for a true top line center. Poitras has been good but that's obviously setting a bar too high for him, and I don't see Zacha suddenly turning into a 1C either. My thing is that I'm not sure Lindholm is really a true 1C either. Yes he can put up 80+ points when he has unreal linemates, but give him lesser talent and he can't really drive a line on his own. And he's gonna be 30 soon.

Long way of saying I don't move either of those two for Lindholm, but if we get to next summer and Pettersson doesn't sign in Vancouver I'd trade them both and more for him in a heartbeat.

Poitras and Lorhei being NHL contributors with more upside to find certainly gives them more ammo to be a realistic contender for Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad